What was the last thing you cooked?

My man has to go back to work soon, so I made xmas dinner early.
Centrepiece was a black beer, seeded mustard and maple syrup glazed ham.

Eggs over easy, fried ham...Toast.

I'm not often home for breakfast and the wife sleeps late...

I roasted a turkey breast, low and slow, on my outdoor smoker. I mixed garlic, rosemary, cayenne and sage with some soy sauce and Sweet Baby Rays bbq sause. When the bird was almost done, I slathered on the sauce and cut the heat.

After about a half an hour, I sliced the breast and made decadent sanwiches on fresh sourdough rolls. We just had them and they were delish.

10# of wild boar meat...

Crock pot 12 hrs with small amount of baking soda and liberal amounts of salt and pepper. No, you don't want to see how we catch and kill it...but it surprisingly good.

My man has to go back to work soon, so I made xmas dinner early.
Centrepiece was a black beer, seeded mustard and maple syrup glazed ham.
had to check that twice - read it first time as Black Bear...

I roasted a turkey breast, low and slow, on my outdoor smoker. I mixed garlic, rosemary, cayenne and sage with some soy sauce and Sweet Baby Rays bbq sause. When the bird was almost done, I slathered on the sauce and cut the heat.

After about a half an hour, I sliced the breast and made decadent sanwiches on fresh sourdough rolls. We just had them and they were delish.
the food of poets :D mind if i invite myself e-over?

Toast.

Mind you, I baked the bread I toasted.
nom nom nom - torchy and toast? whattacombo :D

last thing i cooked was meatballs and spaghetti

Had a party at my house last night, cooked a 12 lb Ribeye Roast on my BBQ.

had to check that twice - read it first time as Black Bear...

the food of poets :D mind if i invite myself e-over?

nom nom nom - torchy and toast? whattacombo :D

last thing i cooked was meatballs and spaghetti

Tonight, it's just my kidlet and I. On the menu is salt 'n' pepper squid :)
Last night we went down to the estuary mouth and caught 3 big squid.
I may make an ink sauce - haven't decided yet.

I was gonna make fettichini alfredo with grilled chicken and brocolli, but it didn't have enough veggies for me so I threw in some carrots, green onions, and whatever is in garden vegetable sauce... So I have no idea what it is. Some kind of pasta shit. But it's delicious.

Leftover Chili Colorado on a flour tortilla with an over easy egg inside. Chili Colorado was two days old and got spicier as it it sat, so it packed some yummy punch. And lots of drippy egg yolk oozing out to wipe up with my burrito.

Delish!

I made homemade Chinese Pot Stickers for the first time.

Talk about "truth in advertising"...I've never seen something stick to the bottom of a pot like that!! :mad:

I put money in a vending machine for a crappy cup of coffee, that's as close to cooking as I get here.

I made homemade Chinese Pot Stickers for the first time.

Talk about "truth in advertising"...I've never seen something stick to the bottom of a pot like that!! :mad:

Your oil wasn't hot enough. It should have floated immediately to the top and fried near the surface.

Back