These women are full of crap.

I'd be very surprised if he even had employees. Just a pot stirring coward. But in the event he does, what he'll end up with is wrongful termination and discriminatory hiring practices lawsuits. Shrugs.

As a business owner I can assure you there are a million ways to fire an employee. Only about 6 will get you in trouble.

As a business owner I can assure you there are a million ways to fire an employee. Only about 6 will get you in trouble.

And a sudden letting go of all female employees to be replaced with all male employees isn't telling? Do you want to take that gamble? I don't think many do. Nor should they. Realities and logistics of the working world aside.

The reality is that this is just one more threat - out of ad nauseum many - that women have faced because we are held responsible for inappropriate behavior of many men.

So instead of facing the problem of inappropriate behavior, it's just easier to fire all the women? Good luck with that. You will need it.

And a sudden letting go of all female employees to be replaced with all male employees isn't telling? Do you want to take that gamble? I don't think many do. Nor should they. Realities and logistics of the working world aside.

The reality is that this is just one more threat - out of ad nauseum many - that women have faced because we are held responsible for inappropriate behavior of many men.

So instead of facing the problem of inappropriate behavior, it's just easier to fire all the women? Good luck with that. You will need it.

I didn't say it was right. I just said it was easy. Another example of putting words in peoples mouths.

I didn't say it was right. I just said I was easy. Another example of putting words in peoples mouths.

Own your implications.

You are the one that took issue with my post to point out how you could get away with it essentially. If you did not say everything you meant, do not put it on me. Say what you mean and be clear. If you do not understand that... sorry, not my problem. Shrug.

Oh! Hello:)

Whats going on here then?

Is this gloves on or gloves off?

(Hiya Adrina:D)

Uggg

Own your implications.

You are the one that took issue with my post to point out how you could get away with it essentially. If you did not say everything you meant, do not put it on me. Say what you mean and be clear. If you do not understand that... sorry, not my problem. Shrug.

I was clear. You adding meaning. Not my problem. Shrug

Oh! Hello:)

Whats going on here then?

Is this gloves on or gloves off?

(Hiya Adrina:D)

Uggg

Just passive aggressiveness instead of taking responsibility for the meaning and implications of one's words.

I wouldn't sweat it. ;)

Just passive aggressiveness instead of taking responsibility for the meaning and implications of one's words.

I wouldn't sweat it. ;)

Had a funny reply to that, but doesn't seem like the appropriate thread for jokes. Serious subject.

*Puts war face on, shows teeth, manages this-->:D*

Uggg

Nope, I read it pretty much as Adrina did.

And that's part of the problem. Warriorqueen said she wants men to believe when women say how they feel. Yet the women are so primed for hidden meanings they won't accept what the men are saying. You can find whatever hidden message you want from any post. I would ask for my words to be taken at face value just like women are asking.I ask to much.

And that's part of the problem. Warriorqueen said she wants men to believe when women say how they feel. Yet the women are so primed for hidden meanings they won't accept what the men are saying. You can find whatever hidden message you want from any post. I would ask for my words to be taken at face value just like women are asking.I ask to much.

You've made it crystal clear that you have issues with women. If you are having trouble seeing that, it's not a problem with the women, it's a problem with you.

You've made it crystal clear that you have issues with women. If you are having trouble seeing that, it's not a problem with the women, it's a problem with you.

I don't have issues with women. I have issues with extremism and dishonesty. That means I have a problem with you.

We aren't 'primed' for anything.
Your post definitely sounded like it was based on experience in using the 1,000,000 - 6 means of lawfully getting rid of unwanted employees, and hence that you endorsed them. If you'd included 'unfortunately' or something like that, your subsequently statex moral abhorrence would have been clear. But you didn't.
Are you seriously saying me and A read it the same way because vaginas?

Ideally? A world in which men don't automatically assume that just because women wear lipstick or a short skirt, they are asking for a man to forcefully, uninvited, sexually assault them.
A world in which, in order to be in a happy workplace, a woman is not subjected to unwanted sexual innuendo, unacceptable groping of her body, or faced with the choice of either giving her body to a man in a position of power in order to carry out or keep her job.
A world in which women can walk down any street, at any time, and not have to wonder if the next person who catcalls or calls out something sexually suggestive is going to be the one who follows through by grabbing her and dragging her into an unmarked van.

I know that none of these scenarios will ever trully be gone. Women will still be assaulted... verbally and physically.

In reality, men can help us by understanding that what they see as harmless banter is perceived very differently by women. Catcalls and sexually suggestive comments make us feel like objects, not women. They put us on our guard, make us a little afraid, and ultimately damage our self-worth.
Groping in any form instantly makes us feel like we are only there for your pleasure. By coming into our personal and private space that way, what men are indicating is that they have the power and strength to take things a whole lot further, uninvited, and that we have absolutely no means to stop it (regardless of whether the ultimate happens or not....invading our personal, sexual space makes us constantly afraid, uncomfortable, and wary.)

Somehow, between the both of us, men and women, we have to come to a place of mutual respect. Respect of verbal boundaries, respect of personal physical boundaries, and respect of eachother in ways that minimise, if not eliminate, making either one feel like they're somehow lesser than the other.

I wish I had the answer to how we can all move forward to fix this, but I don't.
The best I have been able to do is to teach my sons how to behave appropriately around other people, male and female.
Unfortunately, because we haven't been able to fix any of this so far, I have had to teach my daughter differently. I have had to teach her how to remove herself from uncomfortable situations, how to overcome shame for [possible, future] actions that are never her fault so that she will be able to speak out immediately and not hide it for 20 years, should it happen to her. I have had to teach her how she can maximise her safety while out and about.

I would really love to NOT have to teach my grand-daughters those lessons.

All good ideas, but the problem is the same that it always has been: That there are bad people out there who don't care about the feelings or rights of others. And as long as those people exist it will be completely impossible to stop these kind of problems from happening.

It comes back to the same thing I've said in other threads. This isn't a battle between men and women, but rather between good people and bad people of both genders and as long as bad people exist that battle will never end. That's why things like world peace are unattainable. In fact, I've always seen it as being the source of pretty much all bad things in the world.

And the reason why the bad people will never go away is because in their minds, they are the good people. Every villain is the hero in their own mind. All you can do is what you think is right and with a bit of luck you can be a good influence on the world.

But as always, there is a silver lining. Things are improving. My workplace is hardly perfect, but I can safely say that no groping or unwanted sexual interactions take place there. Occasionally some sexual innuendo and jokes get tossed around but they are told by women just as often as men.

yeah, banned and using multiple id's

Someone is worried it is going to get banned again, and again, and again

Poor Hash. Constantly outmanouevred by people with the unfair advantage of having left their basement in the last twenty years, and whose real life-experience therefore outweighs his.

*hers*

Wink ~ wink ~ nudge ~ nudge.

Crap, was that a bee sting???

Poor Hash. Constantly outmanouevred by people with the unfair advantage of having left their basement in the last twenty years, and whose real life-experience therefore outweighs his.

Tell you what.
Hash would get more action than you do if he chose to.
He wouldn't even have to post pictures with langurous stares or expose his yummy chest fur.

Back