My Favorite Quotes


Your spirit is the true shield.

Left and right
Avoid all
Cuts and parries
Seize your opponents' minds
And scatter them all!

The Divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside of us.
When you bow deeply to the universe, it bows back; when you call out the name of God, it echoes inside you.

The divine beauty
Of heaven and earth!
All creation,
Members of
One family.
 
“Holly: The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of.”
Jenny0103 Breakfast at tiffany's quotes (Movie)

rolleyes.gif


Hmmm
 
"Poetry is the artistic expression of the mundane; flowery prose that enlightens none, an insight into the mind of the poet and little else." - Paulus (me).

"A spine makes us walk and stands us up straight to be who we are, It carries your brain, the crown on your head; it's a very important feature of the human machine." - Burton C. Bell.

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain." - The "Bene Gesserit Litteny Against Fear" by Frank Herbert.

"Only my genius," Oscar Wilde responding to being asked if he had "anything to declare" upon entering the United States.
 
"Dark Helmet: What's the matter with this thing? What's with all that churning and bubbling? You call that a Radar Screen?
[Sandurz points to the sign on the machine]
Colonel Sandurz: No sir, we call it Mr. Coffee. Care for some?"
 
Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,
Unravelled from the tumbling main...


~Thomas Lovell Beddoes
 
Sweetpepper said:
Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,
Unravelled from the tumbling main...


~Thomas Lovell Beddoes
"a lot?"

*thinks for a moment* you know, when I'm fully awake and not so sobre I'm great for not-so-clichéd quotes. Oh!

"Watch closely, you'll never see such a masacre; not even in hell!"
 
"Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet."

"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
 
"Lister to Red Dwarf; the [holographic] intuder seems to be blissfully unaware that we have a rather sturdy holowhip in the munitions cabinet, and if he doesn't want his derier minced like burgermeat he'd better be gone in two seconds flat!"
 
"A coward turns away, but a brave man's choice is danger." - Euripedes, 412 BC.
 
"I should rather labor as another's serf, in the home of a man without fortune, one whose livelihood was meager, than rule over all the departed dead."

"A generation of men is like a generation of leaves; the wind scatters some leaves upon the ground, while others the burgeoning wood brings forth - and the season of spring comes on. So of men one generation springs forth and another ceases."

"He lives not long who battles with the immortals, nor do his children prattle about his knees when he has come back from battle and the dread fray."

"It is equally wrong to speed a guest who does not want to go, and to keep one back who is eager. You ought to make welcome the present guest, and send forth the one who wishes to go."

"There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep."

- Homer, C700-600 BC.
 
Why do I not seek some real good; one which I could feel, not one which I could display?
 
"You should pray for a sound mind in a sound body."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
(Who will guard the guards themselves?)

-Juvenal.
 
"The fear of death is more to be dreaded than death itself." - Publilius Syrus
 
:D

"....if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?"

- HA AHA
 
The immediate source of a mind… must be a mind which existed before the conception took place; the mind must have a continuity from a previous mind.
This we hold to prove the existence of a past life.


- The Dalai Lama -

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity; he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.

- Bhagavad Gita -
 
As men think so they are, both here and hereafter,
thoughts being things, the parent of all actions,
good and bad alike, and as the sowing has been, so will the harvest be.


- The Tibetan Book of the Dead
 
“Our attitudes control our lives. Attitudes are a secret power working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force.”
 
Back
Top