the not so virgin sacrifice

intriguess

sexual catalyst
Joined
Sep 3, 2000
Posts
11,683
She was laid out on the altar and she could dimly hear the rumbling about her.

"It's not our fault she tried to kill herself."
"How did she get a knife?"
"Do you think the outsiders were involved?"
"Well it certainly screwed up the virgin sacrifice"
"Drocnoreph will kill us all."
"What does it want with a virgin anyhow?"

The voices sounded old, grumpy, tired.

"Well what do we do now?"

"What we always do, we persevere...." the soft yet strong voice of the high priestess over rode the grumbling. "I shall undertake the mission myself." She towered over them, her dark smoky purple cloak concealing her form and her age. She was tired of the squabbling, centuries had not improved the priesthood. Besides she was curious about Drocnoreph, a being who was undoubtedly as old and powerful as she was, it was unfortunate that she would have to give that up to pursue it. But such was fate.

More muttering.

"That's impossible."
"You aren't a virgin."
"You're too old."

"Silence," her voice cut through the pain and everything faded to black. "I will take over her form, my life energy will sustain the changing." She listened as they bickered over whether it could be done, should be done, would be done. In fact it had already begun, as the life drained from the virgin sacrifice, and her own life essence poured in. Her body dissolving into ash as there was nothing left to sustain her form. Her dark cloak billowing out and pooling on the floor.

It took great sacrifice, as she would be as powerful, but would not be able to remember anything. She had packed a bag of all the things she would need, food, water, weapons, as well as a few potions, a beginer's spellbook, and some of her personal effects. The rest had already been put under magical lockdown as she would be unable to use them and they were far to dangerous to be left to these bumbling morons. It was pure luck she had scried this morning and seen the chance that the sacrifice would choose death over duty and so she had prepared for the worst possible outcome.

It was a miracle the Beast of Drocnoreph hadn't ravaged them a long time ago. Fortunately she would be long gone before they could figure out what happened, as her old body crumbled, her new form glowed briefly and then vanished. The teleportation spell had already been laid on the sacrifices gown, it only took the tiniest bit of energy to activate it. So she would wake up, with her travelling bag, at the entrance to the Lair of Drocnoreph.
 
OOC: so a simple setup, there can be other adventurer's who want to delve into the unknown lair for riches, or follow the magic, or be the unknown beast. I have given no reason he wants (or needs) a virgin sacrifice, so that is left to any who choose to take him on.

Try to include as much of background into writing and limit OOC items. Pm if necessary.
 
She woke up with a pounding headache, and no memory of her past. She knew how to walk and talk and such, but she was unsure of some of the items in her backpack. She took something for her headache, geared up and looked at the dark hole in the ground. She knew she had to go in, but she had no idea why. The letter had told her very little, and then it had disintegrated.

Now she read the spell for a light and checking her things once more proceeded into the darkness.
 
Back
Top