Have you met a fellow lit user?

BiAsianGirl

Really Experienced
Hello Everyone,

This is my first thread so please be kind.

So, I have been considering various options for a personals ad and whilst I haven't found the correct words in the right order to post that yet I am hoping for some assistance.

Have you met another lit user? If so how did it happen, what happened and has anything come of that meeting I.e. Friendship, fwb etc etc?

Thank you x

First of all, welcome to Lit.

I have met Litsters on a few different occasions.

I met a couple at a Lit-together we had in Seattle. It was nice, but no real after contact.

I also met one of my best Lit friends a few years ago when she and her family moved up here. We have met face to face twice before she passed last July.

I would advise following safety protocols when you do get ready to meet someone. Get to know them online first before trying a face to face and set realistic expectations. :rose:

One time, on a business trip, I was very close to meeting someone. Literally, as she was driving to my hotel, she changed her mind.

I say, "good for her." You should only do what is comfortable.

I have met 2 Litsters in person, one just friendship and met for lunch and the other, Cj, is now the holder of my heart.

Right after I joined I noticed Cj and his posts and decided one day to roll the dice and send him a PM. He responded and we began Skype messaging, emailing, and talking on the phone. We did this for a few weeks and we just clicked. I had an appointment in another area of the state I live in and I texted him one day a few weeks after we started talking "here's the address for my hotel, I won't be disappointed if you show up." Something I never thought I'd do.

Long story short, he came (in more ways than one lol) and we've been together ever since. That was 14 months ago.

Trust your gut, meet in public, if anything feels off abandon ship!

I've met several, and all but one remain close to me even today. Obviously you don't want to meet just anyone. I've met them only after months, sometimes years, after we first met here. Many conversations, phone calls, etc. preceded our meeting. You really have to know that they are who they say they are, and that you can trust them. And as MMW said, meet in a public place. Be safe. But some of the best people in the world hang out here. Best of luck.

I have not met anyone from Lit, though there's only been a handful on here from near me.

I've often joked that I'm booking flights to meet people. Semi-joked :D

I have met several over my time at lit.

The first was an amazing man who I met several times. We spent afternoons together acting like teenagers... I had never had an "online" connection before and with him, the in person was as special as the online and phone calls.

The second is a friend. No fooling around, not that we didn't want to, but we behaved. He is a good friend.

My girl came out and spent two weeks with my family almost 4 years ago. We met through her husband and became fast friends and then lovers. We were planning to get together again last November, but she passed away.

In September my close friend DS came out for a week. We had been talking 6 months before he came out. It was a great week.

With everyone I have met, we had progressed from pm to email, messenger and text before actually meeting. The first two I met in public. The last two at the airport. Be careful and trust your instinct.

First of all, welcome to Lit.

I have met Litsters on a few different occasions.

I met a couple at a Lit-together we had in Seattle. It was nice, but no real after contact.

I also met one of my best Lit friends a few years ago when she and her family moved up here. We have met face to face twice before she passed last July.

I would advise following safety protocols when you do get ready to meet someone. Get to know them online first before trying a face to face and set realistic expectations. :rose:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and sharing your experiences...

So I suppose it's a great way to make lasting friendships?

Duly noted on getting to know folk and being safe / cautious

Xxx

One time, on a business trip, I was very close to meeting someone. Literally, as she was driving to my hotel, she changed her mind.

I say, "good for her." You should only do what is comfortable.

Thank you for sharing. Yes we have to trust our gut! Did she ever get in touch and tell you why she didn't show up?

I guess you never really know...lol. There's a chance I could if I ever made it to the arena.

I have met 2 Litsters in person, one just friendship and met for lunch and the other, Cj, is now the holder of my heart.

Right after I joined I noticed Cj and his posts and decided one day to roll the dice and send him a PM. He responded and we began Skype messaging, emailing, and talking on the phone. We did this for a few weeks and we just clicked. I had an appointment in another area of the state I live in and I texted him one day a few weeks after we started talking "here's the address for my hotel, I won't be disappointed if you show up." Something I never thought I'd do.

Long story short, he came (in more ways than one lol) and we've been together ever since. That was 14 months ago.

Trust your gut, meet in public, if anything feels off abandon ship!

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Yours and CJ's story sounds like a movie... Lucky you!

Xxx

I've met several, and all but one remain close to me even today. Obviously you don't want to meet just anyone. I've met them only after months, sometimes years, after we first met here. Many conversations, phone calls, etc. preceded our meeting. You really have to know that they are who they say they are, and that you can trust them. And as MMW said, meet in a public place. Be safe. But some of the best people in the world hang out here. Best of luck.

Wow! Again thank you.

There must quite a lot of horror stories but everything I'm reading is so encouraging.

Xxx

I have not met anyone from Lit, though there's only been a handful on here from near me.

I've often joked that I'm booking flights to meet people. Semi-joked :D

Lol!

I get completely understand that... Struggle to connect to people on here and the ones I do connect with are oceans apart!

Good luck xxx

Have you met another lit user? If so how did it happen, what happened and has anything come of that meeting I.e. Friendship, fwb etc etc?

Thank you x

Yes, I think in total it's 5?
As mentioned stay safe, use friends if needed, get to know said person before...
Most of my meetings were mutual & normal... only 1? I think was it straight to sexual exchanges....
Welcome to the playground & stay safe :cool::rose:

I have not but I wouldn't mind meeting a few people on Lit who I have connected with. Not for sex or anything like that but just to put a face to a name. I doubt it would ever happen but I would be open to it.

I have met several over my time at lit.

The first was an amazing man who I met several times. We spent afternoons together acting like teenagers... I had never had an "online" connection before and with him, the in person was as special as the online and phone calls.

The second is a friend. No fooling around, not that we didn't want to, but we behaved. He is a good friend.

My girl came out and spent two weeks with my family almost 4 years ago. We met through her husband and became fast friends and then lovers. We were planning to get together again last November, but she passed away.

In September my close friend DS came out for a week. We had been talking 6 months before he came out. It was a great week.

With everyone I have met, we had progressed from pm to email, messenger and text before actually meeting. The first two I met in public. The last two at the airport. Be careful and trust your instinct.

Hey Kat,

Thank you for posting.

I'm so sorry that your girl passed, heartbreaking.

How did you come across these people on lit? Did you send pm's? Reply to pm's?

Noted on instincts and public places xxxx

Yes, I think in total it's 5?
As mentioned stay safe, use friends if needed, get to know said person before...
Most of my meetings were mutual & normal... only 1? I think was it straight to sexual exchanges....
Welcome to the playground & stay safe :cool::rose:

Hello,

Wow! 5? Amazing!!!

Thank you for the welcome. Im becoming increasingly hopeful.

Xxx

Awww, I've never been thanked for posting on a thread. I like you already. What I meant was, with the anonymous nature of the place, you could have met a Litster in the grocery story, at your family reunion, in the confessional...you never know

I have not but I wouldn't mind meeting a few people on Lit who I have connected with. Not for sex or anything like that but just to put a face to a name. I doubt it would ever happen but I would be open to it.

Hi Asian Flower,

Thanks for posting.

I get that face to names completes the picture. Very pleased to hear you are connecting with people on here.

Let us know when you meet one the people you refer to.

Xxx

I've met many people from online, in various situations. Two specifically from Lit. One was incredible. The other was not. It happens. :)

I've met many people from online, in various situations. Two specifically from Lit. One was incredible. The other was not. It happens. :)

Hello,

What a fabulous name!

I'm pleased one was incredible... How did you mee? How did it start? An ad, pm?

Thanks xxx

Hello,

What a fabulous name!

I'm pleased one was incredible... How did you mee? How did it start? An ad, pm?

Thanks xxx

It was actually the first person I met on Lit. They responded to an ad, welcoming me here. We became fast friends, then lovers.

Back