The Literotica Tag team competition?

I don't think rule 4 is quite right. If you want to win, and are a writer you would know the correct phrase is "...my partner and I..."

On the other hand my partner and I will rock all of you when you see our score climb like Ivy at Harvard.

Grammar Nazi!

Aaaah, done. Now just a few quick and dirty edit passes, not that we need it, and we can call this a wrap. Maybe with chicken and hot salsa, but a wrap nonetheless.

When's the deadline again? Maybe I can do another story until then? :-D

Grammar Nazi!

No. I'm the mean bitch grammar Nazi.

Period 3 today:

One of several kids: "Mrs. ---, are you gonna take points off if I have capital letters in the middle of the sentence?"

Me: "If it's not a proper noun, there shouldn't be a capital letter after the first word. Go back and check your work. Fix it if necessary."

Another one of several kids: "What difference does it make?"

Me: "It's incorrect. Don't do it."

Another one of several kids: "Well my mom capitalizes words in the middle of sentences."

Me: "Fix it."

(BTW, the same student who wanted me to overlook capital letters because her mother writes that way told me that I misspelled the word "theater" on my vocabulary list because she was taught that it's t-h-e-a-t-e-r for a movie theater, but t-h-e-a-t-r-e for a live entertainment theater. Me: "You must be right. I've been misspelling it all my life.)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's been a tough week.

No. I'm the mean bitch grammar Nazi.

Period 3 today:

One of several kids: "Mrs. ---, are you gonna take points off if I have capital letters in the middle of the sentence?"

Me: "If it's not a proper noun, there shouldn't be a capital letter after the first word. Go back and check your work. Fix it if necessary."

Another one of several kids: "What difference does it make?"

Me: "It's incorrect. Don't do it."

Another one of several kids: "Well my mom capitalizes words in the middle of sentences."

Me: "Fix it."

(BTW, the same student who wanted me to overlook capital letters because her mother writes that way told me that I misspelled the word "theater" on my vocabulary list because she was taught that it's t-h-e-a-t-e-r for a movie theater, but t-h-e-a-t-r-e for a live entertainment theater. Me: "You must be right. I've been misspelling it all my life.)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's been a tough week.

I dOn'T uNdErStAnD wHy yOu gOtS tOo bE So UpTiGhT!!!

And of course you cant tell them "Just because your mom does it wrong doesn't mean you have to."

The mom would get all:mad:

Hello Everyone,

As several pairings seem to be nearing the finish line early I thought I would make a few posts regarding the challenge, the blurb to be placed at the beginning of any story and few small formatting preferences.

All stories will be placed on the site under this name within the Erotic Coupling category.
the due date for these stories is the 9th April, 2014 (It has been suggested that the 9th was better so they can go up on the Friday the 10th.)

You have until Midnight USA EST to get them in to me at theoddcouplings@gmail.com

There are 18 participants but there will still be 20 stories, with the abandoned partners finding a new one from within the group already participating.

So depending on how your imagination works two people doubled up or one person pulled off a triple play. Makes guessing that much harder.

Those 18 authors are:

Lovecraft68
Sethp
MSTarot
MarieWriter
Saxon_Hart
Xelliebabex
Zeb_Carter
PennLady
Robertreams
Tex tall tales
Swilley
Buckyduckman
SeaUrchin_STG_M
Larasscasse
Jagfarlane
Hypoxia
Blindjustice
Walkerlong

Should this change over the next two weeks we shall alert you all.

Last edited:
Suggested Author's Note

The suggested Authors note to place on the top of your story (Page 25 of this thread) was as follows:

Author's note: The story is part of Literotica's unofficial tag team competition. Seventeen of Literotica's authors have accepted the challenge of being randomly paired with a partner to co-author a story under the pen name "The_Odd_Couplings." The pairings have remained anonymous and the true authors of this story will be revealed in the comments section one week from today.

Disclaimer: Because part of the fun of this challenge is the secrecy of the partners I would like to ask that readers and fellow authors alike refrain from posting their guesses in the comments section as we would like the scoring to be as fair as possible.

If anyone would like to add or suggest alternative wording to this please feel free, there is plenty of time yet to make changes.

Edited to show changes in number of authors as at 30th March.

Last edited:
If anyone would like to add or suggest alternative wording to this please feel free, there is plenty of time yet to make changes.

Not so much alternate wording, but a helpful memo you might want to add.

"Remember, that descriptions and tags are needed for your story."

When we have had other writing contests ( FAWCs) there have been a few issues with this. Forgetting them will cause extra work for the e-mail fairy.

:D

Formatting

Hi again Everyone.

As for formating:

In the email you send me please write:

1. the name of your piece
2. the description you want written in
3. up to 10 tag words (You can have as few or as many as you like with 10 being the maximum)
4. the authors names so I can post them after the week is over.
5. If you can let me know if you have made a decision as to what you would like done with the story at the end of the challenge it would be helpful if you could include that to please.

If you do not send these items to me you run the risk of me filling them in for you based on the story title. You have been warned.

I would appreciate if the pairings could send their story to me in a word document. However if that is not possible please let me know and we will do a test run to make sure i can read whatever format you are choosing before the finish line. This test run does not have to be the actual story just something to make sure I get it and can open it.

As some people have very distinctive line break techniques I would like for people to use 5 asterisks please. I don't mind if you center them for put spaced between them but if we all use the same basic idea there will be more chance of it staying anonymous.

And finally if you have any questions about this side of things you can leave a pm for me or send me an email on this account or if you need a speedy reply please contact xelliebabex (me) or Lovecraft68.

Goodluck everyone!

Edited to make some small changes to what to send with your story. Thank you to the people who have finished for assisting with this.

Last edited:
Not so much alternate wording, but a helpful memo you might want to add.

"Remember, that descriptions and tags are needed for your story."

When we have had other writing contests ( FAWCs) there have been a few issues with this. Forgetting them will cause extra work for the e-mail fairy.

:D

beat ya too it :) lol you needed to wait for the formatting blurb :eek: I was getting there slowly hehe

Last edited:
Hi again Everyone.

As for formating:

In the email you send me please write:

1. the name of your piece
2. the description you want written in
3. up to 10 tag words (You can have as few or as many as you like with 10 being the maximum)

If you do not send these items to me you run the risk of me filling them in for you based on the story title. You have been warned.

I would appreciate if the pairings could send their story to me in a word document. However if that is not possible please let me know and we will do a test run to make sure i can read whatever format you are choosing before the finish line. This test run does not have to be the actual story just something to make sure I get it and can open it.

As some people have very distinctive line break techniques I would like for people to use 5 asterisks please. I don't mind if you center them for put spaced between them but if we all use the same basic idea there will be more chance of it staying anonymous.

And finally if you have any questions about this side of things you can leave a pm for me or send me an email on this account or if you need a speedy reply please contact xelliebabex (me) or Lovecraft68.

Goodluck everyone!

Wouldn't you prefer a .txt file? It would be simpler for you to then cut and paste into the story form without having to worry about how they made their paragraph breaks. Then you just can open them with notepad copy, then paste into the lit form.

After all it would save you a lot of work and everyone has notepad or a notepad like substitute.

Last edited:
The suggested Authors note to place on the top of your story (Page 25 of this thread) was as follows:

Author's note: The story is part of Literotica's unofficial tag team competition. Eighteen of Literotica's authors have accepted the challenge of being randomly paired with a partner to co-author a story under the pen name "odd_Couple." The pairings have remained anonymous and the true authors of this story will be revealed in the comments section one week from today.

Disclaimer: Because part of the fun of this challenge is the secrecy of the partners I would like to ask that readers and fellow authors alike refrain from posting their guesses in the comments section as we would like the scoring to be as fair as possible.

Where do the guesses get sent?

So as you saw in OC's post we had a couple of drop outs and other authors in this contest were nice enough to step in and offer their services so the jilted parties could still participate.

I realize that gives some a second chance to win, but I feel no one in this contest is the kind to be petty about that. This is for fun and we're trying to ensure the people who want to have fun with this can do so.

The deadline will be midnight 4/9 which gives OC the day of the tenth to get them in so they can show up on the morning of the 11th. This way if there is a formatting issue of some sort or question they have a time to ask a question if they need to.

Any questions on anything or if you do not like what I have as the Author's note, feel free to ask and suggest changes.

Where do the guesses get sent?

You can kind of hint at your guesses here when the stories are posted, but try to have fun with it and don't blatantly say I know that's LC! I know it is because....that story-at least his half anyway- sucks!

So keep the guesses and ball busting subtle.

Ah, okay. I didn't know if they were sent to someone specifically for tallying in some way.

Do I seem to be a ball buster? :D

Remember the days when a cruller, a boston cream and a cup of joe was a good breakfast?

Back