Libraries..

G

Hello.. I'm the author of "The song," this week's erotic audio. I received a request from a young man asking for a story in a library, and I must admit I'm intregued.. I want to write it, yet am not sure how to get the couple TO the library. Any suggestions for a beginning?

Perhaps they could see each other for the first time in the library - eye contact, flirtation, lots of sexual tension - and it could build from there...

Thanks, Laurel.. Actually, I just sat down before my afternoon classes and cranked one out. *smile* We'll see how it goes over with a test-drive..

It's amazing what can be found on the last page of Story Ideas. :) Does anyone remember the member/author named Endlessly? Though this thread was rather brief, its simplicity put a smile on my face. I was curious and ran a search for "library". It pulled up "approximately" 15,212 stories. :eek: Wow! Is there room for more? ;) I'm curious to see what the new and/or current authors have to offer on this topic.

And, in case anyone is interested, Endlessly did write up a library-themed story like she said. The Research Project was posted on 10/18/00! :) Anyone into vintage tales?

'Librarian' was once in my job title. I've written tales including library segments but none with sex in book libraries. Yet. I may be tempted to transcend book repositories (especially one in Dallas). We have software and subroutine libraries, lens libraries, music and film libraries, seed libraries, virtual libraries, etc. Imagine the cross-fertilization in the stacks of the rosaceae or solanaceae seed libraries, hey?

Oh, my God.

This thread reminded me of a real life incident a long, long time ago in the Texas Tech University library. Actually, about four different disparate ones that could, possibly, link together.

To give some idea just how long ago this was, the front foyer was the designated smoking area. (I know! Right?!) And, loud chatter out there was forgivable.

One probably wasn't too sexy (at least not to me) as my second ex-fiancée found me and (I think) tried to get back together with me before I closed up my books and walked away. As a humorous note, I was studying for a final in "Human Sexuality Through the Family Life Cycle." And the whole reason she gave for ending our engagement in the first place was "all you ever want to do is fuck!" (I was an as yet undiagnosed sex addict with co-dependency)

The second was a little sexier, if you can get past the fact that I was working two jobs to put myself through school and smoked like a chimney to use the nicotine to keep myself awake. A buxom blonde "bow bitch" walked over and interrupted my studying to ask me for a light. When I did, she did the "cup his hand with both of yours" thing while looking me in the eye. Truthfully, I hadn't even noticed her (or much of anyone else) since I was pretty well fixated on the paper I was trying to get done. I sure was after she walked away. And ended up going up into the stacks with her and one of her friends. (Don't get your hopes up. The friend was our lookout and her proof she'd done it.)

The last, a friend of mine and I were just hanging out and relaxing. And being stereotypical college guys discussing the merits of the lovelier coeds around us, probably too loudly. And I made a comment about a tiny little petite redhead that happened to walk through. Who must have had ears like a bat because she came back around, walked right up to me, and... Well, let's just say the next couple of weeks with her and her boyfriend got more than a little interesting.

Hmmm. Maybe I can do a little something with one or all of these. Not that we really need much in the library anymore. Do kids even go to libraries these days? (Asked the crusty old fart.)

Oh, my God.

Hmmm. Maybe I can do a little something with one or all of these. Not that we really need much in the library anymore. Do kids even go to libraries these days? (Asked the crusty old fart.)

They go for free access to electronic resources, the use of study carrels or study group rooms, and some profs still put material "on reserve". There are very few stacks anymore, which really reduces the nooks and crannies. Newly constructed libraries tend to favour glass walls for study areas as well, reducing options further...

It's amazing what can be found on the last page of Story Ideas. :) Does anyone remember the member/author named Endlessly? Though this thread was rather brief, its simplicity put a smile on my face. I was curious and ran a search for "library". It pulled up "approximately" 15,212 stories. :eek: Wow! Is there room for more? ;) I'm curious to see what the new and/or current authors have to offer on this topic.

And, in case anyone is interested, Endlessly did write up a library-themed story like she said. The Research Project was posted on 10/18/00! :) Anyone into vintage tales?

always room for more library tales...I wrote one, would read more...

"Come and use my library..."

I had a massive collection of personal books in my previous house. My daughters used my library for their school studies and even for university. They would sometimes bring friends to consult Dad's library. I never knew who I might find in the library.

When one of my nephews was studying English Literature I lent him over 1,000 books. When he achieved his First he returned all of them. I had filled the empty spaces on the library shelves...

Many years ago, a friend of mine was working nights as a student "watchman" at his college. He was assigned one night to provide security for a filming that a company had rented the library for. He was quite surprised, and later learned that he "supevrised" the filming of the library scene in "Debbie Does Dallas."

Oh what fun! :rose:

Make it paranormal. Think of the two book characters you'd most like to have bonking each others brains out then have them crawl out of their respective books at night when the building is all locked up and do everything in their power to defile the dignity of the place.

I'd read your story just to find out how imaginative you are when you chose your characters:D

Could do a series with lots of character liaisons.

Uggg:rose:

Last edited:
* A SciFi tale, time-travel to the great library of Alexandria...
* Erotic Horror in the catacombs beneath the Vatican library...
* Orgies as the Ted Giesel library walks away in San Diego...
* What did Jimmy Page do with/in Aleister Crowley's library?
* Strange rituals in back rooms at the Explorer's Club library...

So many libraries in history and imagination for erotic settings and stimulation...

The great Maya library at Mani
The Aztec/Mixteca library at Texcoco
The Universal Library from Dr. Who
The living library of Fahrenheit 451

...perhaps we should start a joint anthology, each writing an erotic story of some library.

Thank you for the link!!! I loved that story.

When one of my nephews was studying English Literature I lent him over 1,000 books. When he achieved his First he returned all of them. I had filled the empty spaces on the library shelves...

1,000 books? That's a lot of books! Most people will not touch 1,000 books in a lifetime.

1,000 books? That's a lot of books! Most people will not touch 1,000 books in a lifetime.

At the time my immediate family's library was 25,000 books. We have downsized since the children left home. We only have about 5,000.

But I have 150,000 books on my e-reader.

At the time my immediate family's library was 25,000 books. We have downsized since the children left home. We only have about 5,000.

But I have 150,000 books on my e-reader.

If "library envy" wasn't a thing, it is now.

A while back... I think I was about twenty-five(ish), I hired some help moving my wife and I via that usual pizza and a case of beer for a couple of college students. After about twenty minutes or so of using a dolly on several stacks of boxes that turned out to be books, one of the guys asked me if I'd actually read all those books.

My wife laughed. "Those are the ones he re-reads when we can't afford for him to go book shopping. Oh, wait. That last stack had two boxes of mine, I think."

I couldn't walk past a book store without dropping a hundred or a hundred and fifty dollars. (But I would argue for a good ten minutes about generic versus name brand in the grocery.)

If I were to name the number of books I actually owned next to you learned gentlefolk I would come up looking somewhat inadequate, which is not to say that I am not an avid reader. I have found that a lot of books I would like to read are no longer in print and I have been known to hunt for months in second hand stores to get hold of the books I would like to read. Last year I found a second hand bookstore that may just be able to keep me satisfied for ten years plus.

I am a happy man.

Uggg:rose:

When we were moved to new offices a few years ago, I had to reduce from 140 feet of bookshelf to 15 feet. Home was already at its limit for book shelves, so there's a half-dozen boxes of shelfless books in the basement and a goodly number of happy undergrads at school.

Library Story

I'd love for somebody to write a story about a woman who goes into a public library with the intention of getting totally nude (bare feet and all), wandering around and playing with herself, and aroused at the danger of her possibly getting caught.

Library story?

Why not, I can share one.

It was year 1993 I think. Very interesting time, considering we had just split out from the soviet union. I was studying for an essay in history class, and got a bit carried away. The archives of banned books had just opened for public. Means, I could rummage through heaps of writings inaccessible for my teacher till now, and I did, with abandon. I spent every free hour of my time in the library for over a week, and created a work my teacher said to be publishable research.

I had a great allie in my quest, a young woman librarian. We noticed each other the first day, and I did some little maneuvers so that I could get my requests to her. Throughout the week she became my 'personal' librarian, and even managed to keep me in the library after closing time.

I have to end here, and let your fantasy fill in the details missing from my actual experience.

While college libraries spark the imagination and bring back some amazing memories of the back stairwell, public libraries are fascinating sites, with all kinds of people:

- the homeless guy who keeps fondling himself as we watches the cute librarian bend over replacing books in the stacks
- the mother seeking relief as her children busy themselves in the children's section
- the people coming in for a reading by a visiting author
- the librarian herself with an eye on a particular patron
- the teens who happen upon some erotica and get all worked up

being surrounded by books elicits so many enticing possibilities...

Back