The SCOURIES reader – for both fans and serious scholars…

Status
Not open for further replies.
SelenaKittyn said:
Interesting... I didn't know that!

I know you someone else can record audio for a story you wrote... I assumed it was the same for drawing...

guess not!

Thanks, Cloudy!

I don't see why you couldn't use artwork that was done by another party specifically for your story.

scouries said:
The fact that my story, the brilliant – “Daddy”, I whispered – has been read more times than any story published on Literotica in the last seventeen months allows me this small claim.

I know "you don't like to reply to people that post on the threads you've started"... ( :rolleyes: ) ...but has it ever occurred to you that people may have hit the BACK button after opening the tale. I did.

Hallowed Eve said:
I know "you don't like to reply to people that post on the threads you've started"... ( :rolleyes: ) ...but has it ever occurred to you that people may have hit the BACK button after opening the tale. I did.

So did I!!! :cool:

drksideofthemoon said:
I don't see why you couldn't use artwork that was done by another party specifically for your story.

Suppose we'd have to ask Laurel for a clarification... but Cloudy's right, it's in the FAQ and seems clear that artwork should be your own... probably a copyright issue...

SelenaKittyn said:
Suppose we'd have to ask Laurel for a clarification... but Cloudy's right, it's in the FAQ and seems clear that artwork should be your own... probably a copyright issue...

Yup, copyright is key.

In audio, no-one has'copyright' over reading your story, the author retains control over giving permission, but you can't ever have copyright over someone else's photos or illustrations that appear in your story. You can get round this by the owner of the images giving a release to you for use in a particular context.

Can quite understand that Laurel doesn't want to get involved with checking release notices which may or may not be authentic. If you can assert moral ownership, then only you are in the firing line if a problem blows up.

BTW, a lot of images in Illustrated seem to be a bit close to the edge regarding the guidelines/FAQs.

elfin_odalisque said:
BTW, a lot of images in Illustrated seem to be a bit close to the edge regarding the guidelines/FAQs.

really? where? Illustrations can pretty much be ANYTHING can't they? (as long as everyone is 18+) are you talking about photographs?

SelenaKittyn said:
really? where? Illustrations can pretty much be ANYTHING can't they? (as long as everyone is 18+) are you talking about photographs?

No!

Reading the stuff that Cloudy posted, there are loads of pics that break the guidelines of twin beds and one foot on the floor.

I know the legal stuff, but why can I write, 'He slid his pulsing erection into her steaming cunt' without posting a similar drawing? There are pics that break the guidelines, but what are the legal rules?

SelenaKittyn said:

I understand that. But, what if the artist did the work for your story. That is the purpose for the picture or the drawing. Doesn't that meet the criteria?

MarshAlien said:
SCRIBBLED!!!!! Help us out here!

No worries, I understand Scouries.

And here we have seen yet another stroke of genius from Literotica's prodigal son.

Occasionally, he just puts a little bait on the hook and enjoys immensely watching the fish bite. Like piranha, hunting in schools, attacking anyone bold enough to make common sense.

And then Scouries bites the fish back. I can't wait to see what he has up his pants to fuck all the coldblooded vertebrates with next.

Hallowed Eve said:
Lordy, now he's trolling this board with his "ad" BS. Time to get his E-mail wiped out again.

I just peeked back because I saw it pop up in the New Threads search again....I cannot believe this is still going in the tone it's still in. I thought maybe 'ol Scouries convinced people he had a valid entitlement here...but that's not the case.

YET....this thread is THRIVING!!!!

poppy1963 said:
I just peeked back because I saw it pop up in the New Threads search again....I cannot believe this is still going in the tone it's still in. I thought maybe 'ol Scouries convinced people he had a valid entitlement here...but that's not the case.

YET....this thread is THRIVING!!!!
lowest common denominator, lovie!

Stella_Omega said:
lowest common denominator, lovie!

Yes, upon a more thorough scrutinizing...I see what you mean! :D Some of it has much more appeal than the initial intent of the thread though! :)

Fan Favorite Banned?? Jealous AHers pick on...

D E L E T E D

PLEASE DO NOT POST REPLIES ON THIS THREAD​

Last edited:
scouries said:
Urgent Request for our Leaders!!!!

[size=+2]
Ohhhh Sarahhhhhh!!!
[/size]​

Please, please oh great ones! Surely a How To Contest Entry is allowed to be humorous?

Literotica’s favorite author banned from contest because she wrote a funny story????

Miss Laurel please, I read the rules and it doesn’t say anywhere that entries that make you smile will be unceremoniously jettisoned.

Are we readers doomed to dull story after dull story while the master of the ‘skin flute’ and the ‘purple microphone’ is left outside looking in?

How can anyone argue that the following isn’t a perfect example of ‘How To-itness’ 1. ANGRY DRAGON: Immediately after you blow your load in her mouth, smack the back of her head and make your spunk come out of her nose. When she gets up, she'll look like an angry dragon.

I suspect that Miss Sarahhh will receive more comments than most stories receive votes. Quoting sarahhhh, “you asked why my story isn’t in the How-To Contest. I did write it for the contest. I did submit it to the contest, and followed the rules. But it was rejected for the How-To Contest, with the specific reason given as: ‘This is more a humor story than a how-to.’ And thanks for wishing me luck in the contest, some of the rest of you. But I’m not in the contest, like I said.”

Miss Laurel, Mr. Manu there still is time to remedy this injustice. Oh I know there are people who dislike this poor girl, jealous authors who tremble in anger at her success. But what kind of hollow victory will it be with this young lady not allowed to compete?

And think of your readers…the people who every day click open the Literotica portal in search of great erotica. You owe it to them to allow our favorite writer a chance to vie fairly for the prize. I ask you not as Literotica’s #1 author for 2006 but as a simple fan of my favorite author.

to be continued – jrs

Poor little Unitit. Not able to enter a contest. Now however will she buy that cream for that really ugly rash she sports?

scouries said:

[size=+2]
Ohhhh Sarahhhhhh!!!
[/size]​

Please, please oh great ones! Surely a How To Contest Entry is allowed to be humorous?

Literotica’s favorite author banned from contest because she wrote a funny story????

Miss Laurel please, I read the rules and it doesn’t say anywhere that entries that make you smile will be unceremoniously jettisoned.

Are we readers doomed to dull story after dull story while the master of the ‘skin flute’ and the ‘purple microphone’ is left outside looking in?

How can anyone argue that the following isn’t a perfect example of ‘How To-itness’ 1. ANGRY DRAGON: Immediately after you blow your load in her mouth, smack the back of her head and make your spunk come out of her nose. When she gets up, she'll look like an angry dragon.

I suspect that Miss Sarahhh will receive more comments than most stories receive votes. Quoting sarahhhh, “you asked why my story isn’t in the How-To Contest. I did write it for the contest. I did submit it to the contest, and followed the rules. But it was rejected for the How-To Contest, with the specific reason given as: ‘This is more a humor story than a how-to.’ And thanks for wishing me luck in the contest, some of the rest of you. But I’m not in the contest, like I said.”

Miss Laurel, Mr. Manu there still is time to remedy this injustice. Oh I know there are people who dislike this poor girl, jealous authors who tremble in anger at her success. But what kind of hollow victory will it be with this young lady not allowed to compete?

And think of your readers…the people who every day click open the Literotica portal in search of great erotica. You owe it to them to allow our favorite writer a chance to vie fairly for the prize. I ask you not as Literotica’s #1 author for 2006 but as a simple fan of my favorite author.

to be continued – jrs

Oops, sorry. I thought this was a different thread. :eek:

scouries said:
Oh I know there are people who dislike this poor girl, jealous authors who tremble in anger at her success. But what kind of hollow victory will it be with this young lady not allowed to compete?

No doubt it is only a virulent and extreme prejudice that has prevented sarahhh from competing in the contest, with a story that does not appear among the top 500 humor stories and, with an average score of 4.28, would rank 281st on the list of how-to stories as of today. Authors all over the world are wiping their brows of sweat and thanking their local deities that they do not have to contend with such a worthy entrant. Thank you so much for making sure everyone else is aware of it, though. Only voices like yours, crying out alone in the wilderness at first, but eventually banding together in a loud, collective shout, will eventually, one day, give hope to those seeking to right this horrible wrong.

Scouries scores scorn scurrilously

Well now, Scouries, it appears you have once again struck a nerve with the Bitch Patrol, and it's not on their clits.

I note that after you posted your Public Comment on the the story in question, it was jumped on by CallistaLynae with her "This is the sickest, most disgusting piece of offal that I've ever had the misfortune to try to work my way through. Sorry, the only good thing I can say about this is that most of it was spelled correctly."

I also note that CallistaLynae's favorite authors include DanielleKitten, MarshAlien, and drksideofthemoon. LMFAO!

Scribbled said:
Well now, Scouries, it appears you have once again struck a nerve with the Bitch Patrol, and it's not on their clits.

I note that after you posted your Public Comment on the the story in question, it was jumped on by CallistaLynae with her "This is the sickest, most disgusting piece of offal that I've ever had the misfortune to try to work my way through. Sorry, the only good thing I can say about this is that most of it was spelled correctly."

I also note that CallistaLynae's favorite authors include DanielleKitten, MarshAlien, and drksideofthemoon. LMFAO!

Dude!!! are you his sidekick or something!!! :rolleyes:
Clearly the other members here don't like the two of you and you don't like them.
The only thing that your posts do is make people laugh at you and pity your arrogance
They are ready to leave this topic if you both stop your shit.
So just shut the fuck up!!! :mad:

let me be blinded by the light

Hello Mr. Scouries,

I have a new story that has never been posted. I was hoping that you might be able to shine the light of your genius on it and help me find how I could make it better. Maybe if you are too busy, your number one groupie Scribbled could fill in for you.

Let me say here that I don’t think that you are a mindless idiot like everybody else. In all your post I have found two good points and have pointed them out to others. Unfortunately they are so pissed off at your lack of manners, and seemingly shameless desire to pat yourself on the back, they seem to think that this whole thread is some sort of public masturbation. While it might make you feel good it makes them feel slightly soiled. They are so pissed that they wouldn’t listen with an open mind.

Let me take this opportunity to state what I found to be of merit in your ranting. In the preceding fourteen pages I found two items that deserve to be mentioned.

The rating system is flawed and should be replaced with the ratings and the number of views, instead of the little red H’s. It would be simple and everybody would know if a story was worth the time it took to read it. I would think that the weaker writers would be against this but it would serve the better writers and make the weaker ones rise to the standard. I say this knowing that I would be in the weaker section.

When a work is rejected it should have a valid reason for the rejection and it should be quoted and pointed out to the author. It is a cop-out for the site to tell writers what is wrong with their work by asking questions that may or may not apply. If an author is crossing a line, he should be made aware of where that line is and when he crossed it. He shouldn’t be made to guess what he might have to change to be posted.

In the spirit of honesty, I have to admit that most everything else you have proposed was pretty much one hundred percent bullshit, but I an sure that a man of your intellect knew that or that your little friend Scribbled could have taken a few moments off from his ass kissing to tell you.

If you are interested in helping me find the perfection that you have already achieved then I will send you my story for you judgment. I eagerly await your answer.

Waiting to be blinded by your brilliance,
Mikey

scouries said:

[size=+2]
Ohhhh Sarahhhhhh!!!
[/size]​

Dear Mr. Scouries,

This is a quote from the rules for the "How To" contest. I have neither a entry nor a favorite, I am an impartial bystander.

Your piece must be submitted into the How-To category, and must be a How-To essay. That is, your submission must be instructional, not a story. All topics are acceptable provided they fall within Literotica Submission Guidelines. We will not accept How-To submissions that teach people how to do acts that are illegal in the United States. Pieces submitted to "How-To" that do not fit the category will be rejected. Work submitted to categories other than "How-To" will not be entered into the contest.

The story by Sarahhh was submitted into the Humor and Satire category, she disqualified herself.

drksideofthemoon said:
Dear Mr. Scouries,

This is a quote from the rules for the "How To" contest. I have neither a entry nor a favorite, I am an impartial bystander.

Your piece must be submitted into the How-To category, and must be a How-To essay. That is, your submission must be instructional, not a story. All topics are acceptable provided they fall within Literotica Submission Guidelines. We will not accept How-To submissions that teach people how to do acts that are illegal in the United States. Pieces submitted to "How-To" that do not fit the category will be rejected. Work submitted to categories other than "How-To" will not be entered into the contest.

The story by Sarahhh was submitted into the Humor and Satire category, she disqualified herself.

I think sarahhh submitted it to how-to first, but Laurel changed it to humor/satire... I think I remember seeing it on the contest list to begin with actually...

as for this, Mikey...

The rating system is flawed and should be replaced with the ratings and the number of views, instead of the little red H’s.

Ratings are already listed next to stories. Views, I think, are irrelevant, as they include whoever clicked on your story, however many times they clicked on it... no more useful than a web counter. *shrug*

SelenaKittyn said:
I think sarahhh submitted it to how-to first, but Laurel changed it to humor/satire... I think I remember seeing it on the contest list to begin with actually...

as for this, Mikey...

Ratings are already listed next to stories. Views, I think, are irrelevant, as they include whoever clicked on your story, however many times they clicked on it... no more useful than a web counter. *shrug*

I know I saw it in the contest list at one time...I dunno...

I think the ratings are as useless as the views. With all of the questionable sweeping, and troll voting, the scores are really meaningless.

drksideofthemoon said:
I know I saw it in the contest list at one time...I dunno...

I think the ratings are as useless as the views. With all of the questionable sweeping, and troll voting, the scores are really meaningless.
As time goes on, i'm really starting to think the same. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back