Landmines

A

AsylumSeeker

I used to be respected here. And maybe I will atone for my sins. Likely not, and my time here is short.

Writers, when looking for editors allow me to offer my opinion after years of having done so.

While I lack the technicalities of editing, essential in commercial editing, I have managed quite well here.

Here are the traits of an interested editor:

1) The editor affirms its arrival and provides an estimate of the return time

2) The editor returns the story within the estimated time frame or explains why

But the writer has to offer a story that has been edited as much as is possible by the writer. Don't bog down an editor with errors and expect it to be rewritten.

These are not new ideas. But can be quickly forgotten.

I used to be respected here. And maybe I will atone for my sins. Likely not, and my time here is short.

Writers, when looking for editors allow me to offer my opinion after years of having done so.

While I lack the technicalities of editing, essential in commercial editing, I have managed quite well here.

Here are the traits of an interested editor:

1) The editor affirms its arrival and provides an estimate of the return time

2) The editor returns the story within the estimated time frame or explains why

But the writer has to offer a story that has been edited as much as is possible by the writer. Don't bog down an editor with errors and expect it to be rewritten.

These are not new ideas. But can be quickly forgotten.

I have been reminded I am out of my scope. In other words disregard what I have said.

Back