What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managing to eat most of a slice (slice = 1/6 pie) of a "supreme" pizza and most of a slice of garlic Texas toast tonight. That's kind of a big deal since the mere *odor* of garlic has nauseated me for the last month and a half, and the spicy ingredients of *any* pizza have tasted like roasted metal to me for longer than that.

Maybe our decision to halt the chemo (with the chemo doc's full agreement) was a good one. Twelve days off deliberately eating poison, so it might be that my system will be able to work its way back to somewhere near normal. :D

Managing to eat most of a slice (slice = 1/6 pie) of a "supreme" pizza and most of a slice of garlic Texas toast tonight. That's kind of a big deal since the mere *odor* of garlic has nauseated me for the last month and a half, and the spicy ingredients of *any* pizza have tasted like roasted metal to me for longer than that.

Maybe our decision to halt the chemo (with the chemo doc's full agreement) was a good one. Twelve days off deliberately eating poison, so it might be that my system will be able to work its way back to somewhere near normal. :D

This sounds eminently smile-worthy, sir!

I had both babies, my ex-roommate and her dog in my car, when suddenly I hear M start yelling, "Get off my boy! Get off my boy!" I looked in the rear view mirror to discover the dog was laying on Z's lap, which was evidently annoying the snot out of M as the only way to get him to stop yelling was to make the dog get off Z's lap. Cracked me up.

That thread over on the Playground - How to kill the mood in one sentence.

My sides hurt :D

A trip down memory lane with a fellow female musician friend, and the Boston music scene in the late 80's - early 90's.
What fun!
:cool:
(yup - we were WAY cool...lol)

Perfecting piecing together the pirate costume I had envisaged for tomorrow nights pirate dress up party. Quite possibly the first time something I've imagined has come out just right. Feels pretty good. :)

Now I'm wishing that it was acceptable to wear a pirate outfit on a more daily basis...

After several stressful days, finally getting my audit in to the accountancy practice where I used to work. It was good having a catch up with my ex colleagues who will no doubt let me know VERY CLEARLY AND AT GREAT LENGTH if I've made a mistake :D

Coming home to son's straight A's review which is a relief after a somewhat lazy year from him last year.

And recording a bassline that has been mulling round in my head for a couple of days, and finding it sounds as good out loud as it did in my imagination :D

A celebration is in order, I think.....

Actually *last* Friday, but they showed it again in "Previously on" MasterChef Junior:

Nine-year-old Sarah, cheering on one of the competitors in a contest to hand-create whipped cream: "Whip it like a man!"

A highly charged political conversation with a friend over lunch. I was keeping track of every time he lost himself in strange trains of logic with a french fries.

My sister in law has only boys, and they routinely gross her out and make the rest of us laugh ourselves into asthma attacks.

Today she was in the car with them when she hears her eight year old say to his 12 year old brother.

"E! Ew! Do not even think of touching my fries now."

E just starts laughing. Sis in law looks in her mirror. "What's going on?"

J: E just scratched his balls.

Sis in law: through your pants, right? .... E!

E: "Well, sometimes your penis gets stuck to your balls and that's the only way to get it unstuck.

J: "It's true, mom. If you're at school you just gotta wiggle" *does the wiggle*

After my mom could breathe again, she said "I am so glad I had girls."

Kudos to the Cheyenne and Arapahoe tribes of Oklahoma!

Native American tribes challenge Oklahoma gay marriage ban

Two gay men are getting married under Native American tribal law in Oklahoma, apparently circumventing a state law that does not allow same-sex unions.

Activists said the marriage advances the cause of gay rights in a state that has blocked federal benefits for same-sex military couples in the past.

Jason Pickel, 36, and Darren Black Bear, 45, who have been together for more than eight years, were planning a trip to Iowa to get married. But they changed their minds when the Cheyenne and Arapaho tribes allowed them to pick up a marriage license on Friday in the tribes' courthouse after the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was struck down.​
More at the original Al Jazeera article linked through the headline above.

Kudos to the Cheyenne and Arapahoe tribes of Oklahoma!

Native American tribes challenge Oklahoma gay marriage ban

Two gay men are getting married under Native American tribal law in Oklahoma, apparently circumventing a state law that does not allow same-sex unions.

Activists said the marriage advances the cause of gay rights in a state that has blocked federal benefits for same-sex military couples in the past.

Jason Pickel, 36, and Darren Black Bear, 45, who have been together for more than eight years, were planning a trip to Iowa to get married. But they changed their minds when the Cheyenne and Arapaho tribes allowed them to pick up a marriage license on Friday in the tribes' courthouse after the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was struck down.​
More at the original Al Jazeera article linked through the headline above.

Most Native American nations/tribes CELEBRATE homosexuality, say the person that is gay is "Of one body with two souls."

My mom was just in the hospital for 10 days. At first she was pretty out of it, but she got her sassy back.

Nurse: How are you feeling, Mrs K?
Mom: Usually with my fingers.

Doc: How are you doing this morning:
Mom: Anyone I can and you're next!

This is my sweet 84 YO mom! :eek: :D

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!!!

And it is a perfect fit for me!!!

I cannot wait to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back