X Men: The Fortunate IC

This was a rare occasion for Scott, and he was looking forward to savoring it. He had surprised her, hell he had surprised himself. It wasn't the lifting her up that had shocked him, that part was easy. His body was fueled by hunger, lust, and love. He had no doubt that he could hold her here all night if he wanted to, and he just might.

He kissed trails down the inside of each thigh, first one and then the other, each time coming closer to but just stopping short of her center. He could hear her breathing becoming more rapid each time as he approached followed by a soft groan of disappointment as his lips retreated. He was in total control now, and he loved it.

"Scott...please..." he heard her softly beg, and he decided he had prolonged the torture long enough.

He moved his head forward and covered her sex with his mouth, plunging his tongue as far as he could. She was so hot, and slick. He moaned as her tangy sweetness covered his tongue, and he probed and lapped at her. Her hips bucked forward and her fingers pulled at his hair urging him on, to go deeper, to take more. He withdrew his tongue fom her and flettened it, and reaching as far as he could licked from her pucker to her clit, finally capturing it between his lips. He sucked it into his mouth, squeezing it gently with his lips and flicking it lightly with his tongue. He released his hold on her botton and reapeated the assault on both of her lips before plunging back into her once again.


He had felt her lighten up, obviously breaking their unspoken rule about using powers in the bedroom, but he was ok with it. In fact he took it as a challenge. He want to dirve her crazy, to push her so close to the edge of her release that it would break her concentration. Only then would he know he had done what he wanted, what he had always wanted, to please her.
 
As his mouth made it's assault on her body Jean's breathing turned into small gasps punctuated by short animalistic whimpering and higher pitched groans. She massaged his scalp with her fingers, urging him on as she gyrated her hips against his mouth. She didn't put pressure on him, he was doing just fine on his own. Dear God he was perfect. Every stroke of his mouth and tongue pushed her closer to the edge.

Her head tilted back against the wall and her body responded to his insistent stroking by bucking gently. Her eyes rolled back at a particularly slow stroke of his tongue against her sensitive clit. Her hands moved to his shoulders and started tracing lines on his soft lightly perspiring flesh. She couldn't even form words but she wanted him so badly, she wanted to lose control for him and only him.

After only a few minutes in this position Jean felt her self control slipping. She twined her fingers through his hair.

"Mmm baby, I am so close," she whispered, half moaning the words.
 
Scott redoubled his efforts at her admission. He had toyed with the idea of backing off and making her wait, but he couldn't. Nothing pleased him more than giving her what she needed, to send her over the edge.

His motives weren't completly in the spirit of giving though, his own need for release was tetering on the edge of uncomfortable. His cock was pulsing, almost throbbing and he could feel droplets of precum splash on his leg as he went about satisfying his wife. His thoughts would intermittently go back to the sensations Jean had elictited in his finger with her talented mouth and he sought those same feelings elsewhere.

He began to fuck her with his tongue in ernest, opening his mouth as far as he could and driving it in as far as he could. He could feel her legs starting to tremble against his face and her sex flowed with a steady stream of her juices.
 
Jean became so swept up in the powerful sensations of his mouth on her she lost her focus completely and her weight rested again on his arms. She cried out helplessly and her hands grasped her own large breasts and Scott pushed her to the edge and beyond.

"Scott...baby," she whimpered one more time as his tongue thrust against her before her whole body shuddered.

She grabbed his shoulders roughly and arched away from him in a moment of exquisite torture as her mouth opened in a soundless cry of pleasure. The wave of her orgasm crested and crashed down on her suddenly and intensely. Her body locked up and she simply clutched his shoulders hard making her nails dig into him.

Her breath returned in a long sigh as she waited for him to release her. She wanted to pleasure him, and she wanted it now more than ever.
 
Logan entered the garage and approached his Harley. He had thought about just getting on his bike and riding but on second thought he would hit his favorite bar and think it over. Grabbing his keys hey hit the door opener and started his bike. Roaring out he zoomed towards the estates main gate and hit the button on the tank that activated them. They had barely opened when he barreled through them and skidded onto the road heading towards town and the bar.

Twenty minutes later Logan was sitting at the bar with a cold brew sitting in front of him. He chugged half of it straight away and then leaned back and looked around. The bar wasn't all that full which was half of it's appeal to Logan. There were a few biker types playing pool and several drinkers scattered around the place but apart from them the place was deserted. He finished his beer and signaled for another. Sticking a cigar in his mouth he started to think about his situation.

The easiest thing to do would be to get on his bike and just ride up to his cabin in the woods. He decided he would sit here and have a few beers and then head out in a few hours.
 
Scott froze in place and tried to remain still as Jean's orgasm swept through her body. She would tense and then relax as each wave of pleasure swept through her, each time less intense as they slowly faded. Her nails had dug into his shoulder, breaking the skin. The pain, adding to his enjoyment of knowing that he had made her lose control and just let it happen.

His need however had not diminished. Although it was incredibly satisfying for him to know that he had pleased the woman he loved, his body craved more. He slid his hands apart a little and bent his arms just enough to let her body slide through them. He turned each hand over slowly to support her back and then gently lowered her to his lap. He leaned back on his heels, making room for to sit astride his lap. Once the back of her thighs rested on his legs, his hands slid down her back, to her perfect ass, gripping each cheek firmly.

Jean's arms slid around his neck as he pulled her to him, grinding her hot wet sex on his manhood. Gently he lifted her with his arms, groaning as her slick lips slid along his length. Scott's head fell bak, and his eyes closed. He wanted this, no he needed this. He need them to be connected. Heed needed to feel her warmth surround him and dirve him to the brink, and then over.

Unable to take it anymore, he lifted her just enough to allow his swollen, crown to find her entrance. He relaxed, just entering her, before retreating. He did this again and again, struggling to remain in control of his body, and prolonging the inevetable mind blowing release he knew would come soon.

"Oh...Jean." he growled, no longer able to take it, allowing her to fall and take his entire length.
 
Jean felt like a rag doll as Scott slowly manipulated her body until she was in his lap. It was all she could do to just put her arms around his neck, she was so thoroughly satisfied. Her desire to please him had not abated but her body wouldn't catch up. As she leaned into his shoulder she noticed the small trickle of blood from where her nails had pierced his skin. She kissed and licked at his wounds as he continued torturing her, this time with his cock, eliciting soft whimpers from her. It was all she could dare manage.

She inhaled sharply as he impaled her on his throbbing cock. Her sex was so incredibly tight from her powerful orgasm he had to slowly stretch her to accommodate him. Jean responded by trying to ride him but he was still firmly in control of her hips and butt.

He cradled her against his powerful body just rocking his hips gently into her, acclimating her to his size. For now she was content to make love to him this way, nice and slow, as her overly sensitive body was starting to come down to the point where she could really get into it again. She leaned back against the headboard and pulled him in for a kiss, and she made it a damn good one to show her appreciation. She sucked his lower lip and teased him with her tongue. She flexed her internal muscles, squeezing and releasing against his throbbing member as he drove painfully slowly into her again and again.
 
Scott's right hand went to the wall to steady himself when she pulled him into the kiss. In this position he had limited mobility in his hips, allowing him toonly buck gently into her. Jean was nipping at his lips and playfully jousting his tongue with hers. He could feel her sueezing his cock as he made the short strokes he could. She seemed to be coming around after her orgasm and as if the feel of being inside of her and the kissing weren't enough, the thought of her revived and ready to give as good as she got threatened to send him over the sdge right then.

He was becoming desparate, and needed room to move his hips fully. His hadn slid from her ass and around her back, pulling her tightly to him. He pushed off of the wall with the other, turning, twisting and rolling at the same time eventually landing on top of her, never falling from within her velvety depths. This was what he needed now. He needed to feel the full length of his cock sliding almost completely out of her before plunging back in. His hands grasp the sheets , and his knees slid wider as he started pumping into her with increasing speed and force.

He could feel his orgasm coming on. It was in the distance, like a freightrain, slow and steady, chugging its way to the surface. He dipped his head, kissing and gently biting Jean's neck. His breathing was rapid and deep. Grunts of effort and groans of pleasure and satisfaction escaped between each breath. With a final hard buck of his hips, every muscle in his body tightened, and coiled.

"Oh God baby!" he growled as he began to slightly convulse, and tremble as his orgasm washed over him. Every cell, nerve and synapse of his brain erupted into a firestorm of emotion and pleasure as he filled her with his seed.

"That was...that was...I love you Jean." he finally managed to say before lowering his mouth to cover hers.
 
Jean held onto him as he pinned her to the bed with his weight, never withdrawing from her. As much fun as it was to play and try new things there was one thing she enjoyed above all others and it was being pinned under her husband's powerful body as he stroked in and out of her, she never got tired of it. Never.

"Scott...oh God that feels good" she whispered her encouragement to him as her hands danced over his taut shoulders and gripped his hard biceps to give him better leverage as he pounded her. She shrieked and bucked against him hard, if he kept it up she was going to cum with him this time. She let her control go, knowing Scott wouldn't last long at this rate, not after she had teased him for so long.

Jean watched his body and his reactions closely, she loved watching his body react to her movements and she could always tell when he was on the edge. His shoulders locked up and she simultaneously clamped down around him, willing him to cum for her, and he did. It was so strong the current swept her away again, although not as strongly as before. It was still intensely pleasurable. She trembled against him as he relaxed on top of her and their lips met again.

"I love you too," she whispered in between soft kisses.

She traced lines on his back and just enjoyed the feeling of her man as he came down and his body softened.
 
Last edited:
Slowly, Scott lowered himself to her side before collapsing on the bed. His eight mile run his morning was nothing compared to how he was feeling now. It was always this way, and by this way, he meant perfect.

There was nothing moe Scott could ask for in a lover and a wife. She was demanding, but also giving. She was thoughtful, considerate, and kind both in the bedroom and out. She knew him better than anyone and had never hesitated to give him what he wanted, or desired. Wrap all of that in a stunningly beautiful package and you still only scratched the surface of all that he loved about her.

He rolled to his side and slid next to her, tickling her side gently before pulling her to him. There were things that he wanted to say, things that he thought she needed and wanted to hear, but there would be time for that. Right now, he just wanted to feel her close to him, safe, and happy. He wanted to wrap her in his arms and let her know that no matter what, he would always love her. He would always need her. She was everything that meant anything to him.
 
Last edited:
Unnamed Casino in Louisiana

They waited...patience was part of the ninja...patience was even easier to come by when you were undead. They waited in groups of two, a group in the bathroom, a group in the parking lot, a group at each side exit, a group at the entrance and of course a group on the roof. They had made sure that they were not seen, they even made more certain that their target had no idea that they were there and if he did spot them, he surely had no idea who they were and that they were there for him.

Their patience was rewarded, after a carefully crafted winning/losing streak, the target came into the bathroom, they waited for him to finish, then just as he was about to enter the first came out of the stall, he moved closer and in the croaky voice of a long-term smoker, he spoke up,

"Excuse me sir, you have a light? I have finished my matches..."

As the target turned towards him a shadow detached itself from behind the door, slid close so fast it seemed impossible, yet the target sensed it, half-turned toward it. The gloved hand which gripped over his exposed fingers seemed to drain the power which sprang to his defense, a pin-prick in his neck as three more hands grabbed him and with surprising swiftness forced him to the ground. Only then did he realize that he had been injected, his world slowly faded, he struggled all the while, but the hands held him fast, making sure that he could go nowhere.

They were almost finished with their task of securing the target when a patron came in, he paused, frowned and then shock registered on his face as he realized what he was seeing, he backed out of the door, calling for security. The two looked at each other, it could not have gone better even if it was planned, moments later the frosted window exploded and the two figures slipped out with their burden between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later in an undisclosed location in Quebec, Canada

There was a groan and as the target slowly opened his eyes, it was a face which met his gaze which would make many grown men start:

406px-Hobgoblin442.jpg


Then the face relaxed, though it remained far from human, it did not snarl at him in ferocious anger.

"Ah mister LeBeau, welcome. I hope you found your trip refreshing? Good, good."

Gambit was trussed up in a chair, hands tied behind his back and gloves fitted over his hands, the face leered at him in a smug grin,

"Don't even bother to use your powers Remy...or wait...what is that other name you use at times? Lemme see...Gamble...Gambon... to take a gambit, ah yes! Gambit. The gloves you wear? They will suck up your energies as you try to use them, it doesn't matter where you focus your energies..."

Hobgoblin made a slurping sound and grinned that leering grin of his again,

"I see that you do not know me, I am known as the Hobgoblin, you are here as my guest, but should you try to escape, you will find that I am not alone. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a very important call to make."

He turned to the computer bank behind him, claw-like fingers danced on the keys and soon a holo-screen popped up, the words: Connecting

Then the image of Professor Xavier came into view and Hobgoblin cackled in delight,

"Ah just the man I wanted to see!"

He made a mocking wave by wiggling his fingers at the professor,

"Hello there ol' boy, Hobgoblin's the name and mutants are the game. As you can see, right there behind me is a man, now I am told that perhaps you will know him, or perhaps not. What I do know is that he's a mutant."

Hobgoblin used his forked tongue to lick his lips,

"Now here's the deal, I have taken him from a new Casino in Louisiana, a man have seen it happen and you have less than 12 hours to come and find your mutant. If not...oh we have ways and means of making him scream and scream and scream and scream and..."

The Hobgoblin started to laugh, clawing at the empty air, his tongue flicked out again and he looked at the image of Prof X,

"Believe me when I say that he will endure pain far more than you can imagine, far more than you have ever touched with that fabulous mind-reading thing you do. Then when he's dead, I will use him to kill one of yours! Oh how fabulous that will be!"

Again mad laughter filled the room,

"But there is one on your team which will be able to help you solve this riddle, oh yes there is. The man who is beast, yet man, who is Ronin and yet follows you. He will know us and he will lead you to us. Tick Tock Professor Tick Tock!"

And with that he cut the connection, he swung around to face the Cajun,

"I have heard that a Cajun eats anything, how long have I waited to see if that is true...Oscar! Bring the dishes!"

Hobgoblin grinned as he sat down, long legs crossed,

"Oh this will be so much fun!"
 
Gambit had been red hot on the night. He had won a steady string of hands. He knew it was more than his powers that was causing this, but wasn't going to argue the 75 grand he was walking away with. He pushed his chair out, with a smile, before flipping a chip to the dealer. "Tank you, brudda. Here's for doin such a wondaful job dealin dem cards," he said, his cajun accent coming through.

He got up, cashing his chips and depositing the money safely. He had gotten into the habit of using wire transfers, after having to forcefully deal with robbers after winning large at other casinos. That was the reason he chose this one. It did wire transfers for the winnings. He was just so lucky to have an account that no one could touch.

As Gambit was on his way to the bathroom, someone asked for a light. He shrugged, before nodding and pulling his lighter out. What followed was something he could barely remember. He just felt a slight pinch, and then he was out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing Remy heard when he came to was an annoying voice. He tried to move, but realized he couldn't. He tried to use his powers, but something was channeling them out of his body. He suddenly realized what it was, and groaned. This would stop his powers, all of them.

After listening to his captor talk, Gambit was left in the dark as to what this was all about. A little light was shed when Hobgoblin made a phone call, but beyond that, he still didn't know what he had to do with anything.

He heard something about Cajuns eating anything and shook his head. "You're wrong there. We know shit when we see it, and we know shitty people when we see them. You can't kill me due to the time limit, and I'm not going to eat your shit," he said. He tried to sense his powers, seeing what he had. Luckily, he could still tell that his rapid healing was working. That wasn't something that he controlled. He could tell that the gloves weren't negating that, as he knew his wrists should have started bleeding from the sharp edges that were on his restrains while he struggled. He just hoped his captors didn't know that, as it would end up meaning they could torture him in any way, and he would survive.
 
Rogue

The slender female lay on her bed tangled in her covers. Despite the mild heat of the night that warmed her room she was almost completely covered by her clothes. She wore a oversized green tee shirt and black leggings. As she rolled restlessly once more her small hand appeared from beneath her blankets. Even in her sleep she wore a pair of black gloves, though they were made of a soft silky material.

Her blankets were a tangled mess and she had long ago tossed her pillows onto the floor. Her hair was a wild mess about her head, the auburn locks shimmering and the pale white streak that characterized the entirety of her bang shone in the moonlight that streamed through her open window. A near constant stream of soft whimpers and low whispers issued from her as she tossed and turned. In her head she was having one of her usual nightmares. She was standing alone in a hospital room. The only sound was the slow whooshing and beeping of machines. The only light in the room shown on a hospital bed. Tubes and wires of all sort ran to the bed. Almost against her will she moved towards the bed.

Laying as still as death was the familiar figure of the boy she had once loved; the boy she had accidentally sent into a coma with a kiss. Her hand trembling she touched his face, as she had done a million times before in this dream. Once again she spiraled downward into the sea of memories. These were real though, not just the figment of her dreams. These were the memories she had stolen. Memories she did not want but could never give back.

With a strangled cry she bolted upright. She was trembling and the sweat that covered her body seemed suddenly cool. She tossed her wet sheets aside and pulled her legs up to her chest. Running a trembling hand through her hair she lowered her head to her knees. She closed her eyes once more, trying to take deep breaths to calm herself. It had been like this almost every night; the nightmares, the memories. All of it was like a never ending reminder of what she had done, what she could do.

"Ah'm so sorry... Ah didn't..." she muttered softly.

After a moment she finally unfurled herself. Swinging her bare feet to the carpeted floor she stood. Wrapping her arms around herself she stood there, staring into space for a few moments. She wasn't going to get anymore sleep tonight, not if she could help it. Still sitting alone in her room would be no better. After a moment she had made a decision. Moving towards her desk, the only other piece of furniture in the small dorm like room she had been provided, she grabbed her boots. With an ease honed through repetition she quickly laced and tied her knee high combat boots. Grabbing the black leather biker jacket that she always wore she opened the door.

She stuck her head into the hallway, looking around to make sure it was empty. This late at night it would have been surprising for anyone to be up and about, but in a place like this anything was possible. Rogue had been at Charles Xavier's academy for only a short while. Most people would have found it comforting perhaps, being surrounded by other mutants. But it made no real difference to her. Sure they were all mutants but none of them were like her. None of them could really understand.

She headed outdoors, a walk would be a good way to clear her head and the grounds were enormous. The air was even cooler and a steady breeze blew. As she walked she found herself gazing up at the sky. The stars were pretty and easily visible since there wasn't much artificial light to distract from them. Picking out one of the random footpaths, she kept going.
 
Last edited:
Slowly, Scott lowered himself to her side before collapsing on the bed. His eight mile run his morning was nothing compared to how he was feeling now. It was always this way, and by this way, he meant perfect.

There was nothing more Scott could ask for in a lover and a wife. She was demanding, but also giving. She was thoughtful, considerate, and kind both in the bedroom and out. She knew him better than anyone and had never hesitated to give him what he wanted, or desired. Wrap all of that in a stunningly beautiful package and you still only scratched the surface of all that he loved about her.

He rolled to his side and slid next to her, tickling her side gently before pulling her to him. There were things that he wanted to say, things that he thought she needed and wanted to hear, but there would be time for that. Right now, he just wanted to feel her close to him, safe, and happy. He wanted to wrap her in his arms and let her know that no matter what, he would always love her. He would always need her. She was everything that meant anything to him.

Jean sighed as they settled together in the middle of the bed. She loved being wrapped up in him, especially after intense lovemaking.

She fell asleep easily against his warm naked body. It was a couple of hours later when she was awakened by Charles' gentle voice in her head. He didn't do this often but when he did it was usually an emergency.

"Jean, you must leave tonight. There is a mutant in danger," his calm deep voice coaxed her awake.

She sighed as Scott's phone started ringing. Jean sat up and picked it up, it was a text with the coordinates Charles wanted them to go to and a message.

run point on this mission, be careful.

"Scott we have to go," she told him as she got up and went to the closet.

She knew Charles would have alerted Logan also and he would be waiting in the hanger. She recognized some of the coordinates and knew they would be going to Canada. All she could think was that the boys would have to behave themselves.

Jean zipped on her black bodysuit and tossed Scott's on the bed.

"Come on honey, get dressed. I'll meet you in the hangar. I am going to get Rogue. I think it's time for her first mission. I already had to fight off Phoenix today and I know I am probably not at 100%. Without Hank and Storm we don't know what we're walking into," She kissed him and pulled on his arm to try and get him out of bed.

Jean reached out to Rogue to wake her mentally and tell her that she was coming to get her before she pulled on her boots and headed out the door towards Rogue's room. She stopped and grabbed an extra X Team body suit that would fit the girl and she knocked on her door softly.

Rogue it's Jean. Open the door, it's time for your first mission.

She didn't speak so as not to wake the other students that lived in the same dorm hall.
 
"Logan I need you back at the mansion. A Mutant is in danger and you are needed."
"Ahh You know I hate it when you do that Chuck,"Grumbled Logan as he downed his beer and walked out to his bike. Looked like he would have to put his plans on hold. No matter how bad his personal life might be he normally put it aside to help his fellow mutants. Gunning the engine he threw the bike into a slide and headed back to the mansion.

As he raced through the gate Logan headed towards his small private room. He would have to grab his uniform from there as Jean had trashed his one from the change room. Parking the bike he walked in and quickly changed into the black Kevlar/leather weave body suit and started towards the hanger.

If Scott gave him any grief on this mission he was going to kick his ass no matter what Jean said, and damn the consequences. He was really not in the mood right now to put up with any of his crap. He would get one warning and then it was on his head. A smile crept over his face as he put a small cigar end in his mouth. Actually he hoped he did mouth off, it would be exactly what he needed.
 
At the sound of the female telepath's voice in her head Rogue sighed. The path she had chosen had lead her far across the grounds and towards the water. For a moment she remained where she was, her legs curled beneath her as she sat in the grass. She pulled her jacket tighter around her body, more from instinct then from the chill. Perhaps she should be more excited about her first mission, but she had always had a bit of an issue when it came to teamwork. After all it required some measure of trust and a lot of interaction; both things she was equally unused to. Still there was no way for her to duck out of this.

"Sorry darlin' but Ah'm not actually in mah room... I took a bit of a stroll... Ah'll be there faster than shit through a goose..."

Standing she brushed her hands over her leggings, knocking away any loose bits of grass from her tights. She glanced back along the path trying to estimate how long it would take for her to make it back to the mansion is she walked. Even if she jogged it would take her a good fifteen minutes or so. Judging by the urgency of Jean's tone though that might be a little longer than she could afford. Even if she wasn't exactly enthusiastic about the idea of the mission it was at least a good idea not to make everyone late. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath. Reaching inside of her mind she searched for that little part of her that held the power she was looking for. A faint tingle rippled through her body.

When she opened her eyes she was floating a bit off the ground. Another result of her powers. She had stolen the ability to fly as well as a few others. But that wasn't something to think of now. Focusing on her flight she zipped of towards the house. Air travel was particularly useful as she covered far more ground in far less time. Flying up to her open window she landed lightly on the sill. Jumping down and into the room she went to unlock the door for Jean.
 
I took a minute or two after Jean had left for Scott to stir. Their night had been so perfect and he couldn't help but lay there where she had been, feeling the still warm sheets against his skin. Finally, with a groan, he stood, dressed and gathered all of his gear before heading out of the bedroom and toward the door.

He looked at the screen of his phone one more time reading how he was to take point on this op. It wasn't the first time, in fact it seemed to be happening more and more often. Still, he had always felt a little better about heading out when the Professor, his mentor, was with them.

He locked the door and took off in a jog toward the hangar. He wondered where the rodent was and if he had been called as well to participate. Scott's hands balled into fists as he ran as the events that had led to his and Jean's lovemaking , crowded his thoughts. He tried to push them away and focus on the task at hand, but he couldn't. There needed to be a reckoning and tonight was as good as any.
 
Jean smiled at the girl's humor. She waited a moment and heard the door click as it unlocked. Jean opened the door and stepped into the darkened room. She noticed the window was open. Rogue stood near the bed looking tired.

"Put this on and meet us at the hangar. We're going to Canada but I don't know anything else yet,"

She turned to leave.

"Rogue," she started softly," try not to worry okay? And if you have any fingerless gloves, bring them with you."

Jean didn't want to alarm her but, this could be serious. They had no idea what they were walking into and it was likely that Charles didn't either. He hadn't been himself lately, even around Jean and Scott who were like his own children.

Jean exited and pulled the door closed gently behind her before heading off to map out a flight plan and do a pre flight check with Scott.

I'm on my way she sent to Scott.

When she got there he was alone, thank goodness. She didn't think Scott could handle seeing Logan one on one, and she wasn't sure she was up for it either. It was probably a good thing Rogue would be around. It might keep them from misbehaving too badly.

"Ready for the flight check?" she asked as she walked confidently towards him.
 
"You bet. Let's do this sweet thang." he said giving her a payful swat on her leather clad ass.

Seeing her in her uniform was one of the best parts of running an op, well that and he got to blow shit up from time to time. He followed her into the cockpit and waited for her to take her seat before sliding into the captain's chair. He took a quick look at the gauges, and then the compartment lights. Seeing them all lit green, they started performing their pre-flight check and getting ready to take off. After depressing a half dozen switches, he heard the igniters charge and then the familiar rumble of the turbines as the engines started. He got a kick out of it every time and looked forward to feeling the the thrust of take off push him into his seat.

"So, did the Professor call in Rogue and the Platypussy too?" he asked with a sly grin.
 
Rogue accepted the suit quietly. Holding it in her hand she uttered a soft sigh only half listening as Jean spoke to her. Once the door clicked shut Rogue flopped down on the bed. Closing her eyes she uttered an exasperated huff of air. Reaching up she shoved her hair back from her face. Her first mission and it already seemed like things might be rough. She knew the other members of the X-Team relatively well as she had seen or talked to all of them at some point in time. But lately it seemed like the relationship between the three of them was rather strained. It was understandable that she had some apprehension about throwing herself in the mix.

Still there was nothing to be done. Besides it would be a chance to prove that she wasn't the loose cannon most people assumed she was. Opening her eyes she sat up, tucking her hair behind her ear. Getting up she got dressed, slipping into the body suit she stood in front of the mirror. The material was rather light and seemed rather easy to maneuver in. It also had the benefit of covering all of skin with the exception of her hands and feet. She quickly re-laced her boots. Looking to her desk she stood for a moment glancing at her gloves. One pair was her usual black gloves that covered her entire hand with the exception of a small patch on the back. The other were leather fingerless gloves. She pulled on her normal gloves and grabbed her jacket shoving the fingerless ones in her pocket.

Pulling on her jacket she headed for the hanger. It wasn't to far of a walk and hopefully she wasn't going to be the last one there.
 
"You bet. Let's do this sweet thang." he said giving her a payful swat on her leather clad ass.

Seeing her in her uniform was one of the best parts of running an op, well that and he got to blow shit up from time to time. He followed her into the cockpit and waited for her to take her seat before sliding into the captain's chair. He took a quick look at the gauges, and then the compartment lights. Seeing them all lit green, they started performing their pre-flight check and getting ready to take off. After depressing a half dozen switches, he heard the igniters charge and then the familiar rumble of the turbines as the engines started. He got a kick out of it every time and looked forward to feeling the the thrust of take off push him into his seat.

"So, did the Professor call in Rogue and the Platypussy too?" he asked with a sly grin.

Jean yelped as Scott's hand made contact.

"You...watch it," she threatened playfully.

She read off the checklist to him as she sat in the copilot's chair. So many times before she and Storm had run ops alone and Jean swore she could do the pre flight check in her sleep. She sighed absently, she really missed her best friend. What Storm was doing was very important for the school, and for all mutants globally too. Jean had been her number one supporter when Hank asked her to go, hiding her own feelings about the matter.

"Logan's close," she responded to his question, "and Rogue should be here shortly. Are you going to behave yourself?"
 
Logan walked into the hanger and already he could tell this was not going to be a fun mission. He could smell the tension in the air from here. Well fuck em that was there problem. He had spent years hiding his true feelings from Jean and then he had eventually told her but still kept his distance because of her love for Scott. Then at the first sign of trouble it was the boy scout who goes off and fucks someone else, and the enemy for gods sake and now he has the balls to have a go at him. He hadn't even done anything with Jean yet except maybe kiss her and he was pretty sure that was under the influence of the Phoenix. He was the one being pursued here and if Scott brought it up he was going to bring up Emma at every opportunity.

He walked up the ramp and without talking to the two sitting in the Pilots seats he took a seat as far away from them and strapped himself in.
 
Rogue entered the hanger quietly, still fiddling a bit with her hair. On the walk she had tried to get herself some type of together. She had applied a bit of eyeliner to distract from the slight purple rims that were forming about her eyes from the constant lack of sleep. She had also applied a deep purple lipstick. Now she was just trying to tame her unruly hair somewhat. But it seemed not to be working very well for her. With a huff she simply gave up.

Everyone else already seemed to be aboard so she walked up the ramp to join them. The moment she boarded however the tension in the air was evident. She resisted the urge to frown and moved to sit across from Logan. Settling into her seat she let her eyes roam from person to person. This might be tougher than she thought. The atmosphere made her feel like she was sitting in the midst of a tinder box that was just one spark away from bursting into flames. Strapping herself in she leaned her head back and closed her eyes.
 
Logan looked over at Rogue. The poor kid looked like she was about keel over and he could smell her nervousness. He could also guess that she could tell that all was not well between the rest of them. She was a good kid though and during the time she had been in his training classes she had learned to control her new powers well and had become a good team fighter.

"Don't worry kid," he said swiveling his chair so it faced hers, "We might bicker a lot sometimes but when it comes time to do the job we put that before everything else. Besides now that your here you can keep us on the straight and narrow," he grinned.

"Don't be nervous about the mission either. You have done all the training and Chuck says your ready and so do I. You are a good fighter. Trust your instincts and listen to us wiser heads and you will be fine. Now just sit back and relax. This bird will get us to wherever we are going pretty darn quickly."
 
Rogue opened her eyes as Logan began to talk to her. Turning her gaze to him she rubbed her eyes lightly, trying not to smudge her make up to badly. She was admittedly pretty tired but it was probably a bad idea to try to get some sleep during the flight. It would be awkward if she had one of her nightmares with everyone around. She had meant to ask Dr. Xavier if there was something he could do about it, but it had been a while since she'd seen him. Maybe she would ask Jean about it later.

She returned her attention to Logan, a small smile on her face as he tried to assure her that everything would go fine on the mission as well as with the team. In the time that she had been there he was one of the few people she had come to have a bit more trust for. He'd been a ,big help to her; teaching her how to control her new powers a bit better and pushing her to do better in combat training.

"Ah'm sure hoping your right... I guess Ah'm just a touch ornery...haven't been sleeping to well lately..."
 
Back
Top