A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

*Harry is behind the bar playing tic-tac-toe with Guido; the floor is covered with discarded paper filled with played games*
You are cheating somehow, Guido, I just got to figure it out.
*Guido pours another shot for Harry and marks an x in a corner. Harry munches on peanuts, studies the game closely, drinks and puts an o in the center, again*

Last edited:
*Harry is behind the bar playing tic-tac-toe with Guido; the floor is covered with discarded paper filled with played games*
*Guido pours another shot for Harry and marks an x in a corner. Harry munches on peanuts, studies the game closely, drinks and puts an o in the center, again*

He learnt the art of bluff and double bluff at the knee of Anatoly Karpov

*whispers - go first, make your mark in the centre square ;) *

He learnt the art of bluff and double bluff at the knee of Anatoly Karpov

when he was just a little griller? aw

*whispers - go first, make your mark in the centre square ;) *

when he was just a little griller? aw

*Harry wanders in, Rayban 4000's on, a large to-go café in his hand bearing the logo of Mudd Works on it.*

I need a drink.

a griller, an artist and a bi-lingual chicken walked into a bar....

somebody mention alcohol?
yes please :cool:

Works for me. Not beer, though...and, sadly, esp not Mexican beer; just never got the taste for it.

Vodka and Coke, please...over ice cubes, not crushed or shaved ice...thanks.

:cool:
*chinks glasses*

ola, remec! busiest the bar's been in some time. tsotha escaped the table yet? :cool:

Dos equis or something stronger?
Beer guy, in winter prefer porter or stout.
Play chess, Harry? Look up 1.B4

Wonder why Senna hates me - years ago in Washington Square where the old folks play chess, I beat Senna by default. I opened with 1. B4. Problem was I was wearing an ape suit. He thought I was monkeyin' around too much.
Guido cheats.

*chinks glasses*

ola, remec! busiest the bar's been in some time. tsotha escaped the table yet? :cool:

*clink*
And to think I was just passing through, looking for tidbits for today's 30/30.

I'm not so sure about Tsotha...haven't heard the munching of popcorn in a bit...but, then, does any one really eve escape from the tables, backrooms, and cellars around the various halls of Lit? :rolleyes:

I need a drink.

a griller, an artist and a bi-lingual chicken walked into a bar....

somebody mention alcohol?
yes please :cool:

Works for me. Not beer, though...and, sadly, esp not Mexican beer; just never got the taste for it.

Vodka and Coke, please...over ice cubes, not crushed or shaved ice...thanks.

* blender whirls, shots poured, ice cubes clink, juke box plays Back in Black cash register rings. :D

Wonder why Senna hates me - years ago in Washington Square where the old folks play chess, I beat Senna by default. I opened with 1. B4. Problem was I was wearing an ape suit. He thought I was monkeyin' around too much.
Guido cheats.
port is delicious
*considers visuals of a port-sipping, ape-costume wearing poet*
i need another drink!

*clink*
And to think I was just passing through, looking for tidbits for today's 30/30.

I'm not so sure about Tsotha...haven't heard the munching of popcorn in a bit...but, then, does any one really eve escape from the tables, backrooms, and cellars around the various halls of Lit? :rolleyes:

just when you think you've escaped, the bastards drag ya back in.... :cool:
bottoms up :)

* blender whirls, shots poured, ice cubes clink, juke box plays Back in Black cash register rings. :D
nice here, init? :cool:

Guido cheats.

bookmarked that, busy morning going on into after noon and I've done none of my chores much less poured a second coffee. my kid has used that on me before and I'm not surprised that it would appeal to Guido since it's called the Orangutan opening

*Crunching sounds coming from the other room, like someone chewing through popcorn*

"No!"
you must be sick of popcorn by now :eek:

and thirsty.

poor guy. :cool: there's a valuable lesson in this. did you reach a state of enlightenment yet? :devil:

you must be sick of popcorn by now :eek:

and thirsty.

poor guy. :cool: there's a valuable lesson in this. did you reach a state of enlightenment yet? :devil:

Yes. My kidneys have reached the next level, and I can crack nuts with my teeth. Quick, let me out while UYS is away. I'll behave. :cattail:

Last edited:
Back