Closed for raiguy

Trent smiled back sweetly, then grinned as he pulled out a roll of paper towels.

"No getting me all muddy. This is my truck after all," Trent said, smiling evilly now. He knew what she had planned, and wasn't going to get his face covered with mud. It would take more than that for him to fall for something.

"Yeah you see." Joss smiled getting closer to Trent. "I really don't feel," She took the roll of paper towels from him and set them on the other side of her. "Like following the rules. But I promise you this, I won't get your truck dirty." Her devilish smile growing. Joss missed this in her relationship with her husband, the playful exchange of words and fun filled threats. She wasn't sure how far she could play with Trent but she figured that as long as they were both smiling, why stop.

Trent just shook his head then hit the open water of the little pond he had in the course to clean his truck off. He figured that either Joss would want to get back to the concert, or decide to do something else. He looked at her and smiled.

"What would ya like ta do, darlin?" Trent asked.

Joss slide back to her side of the truck and opened the door. "First I'm going to wash off my hand. Next," She stepped out of the truck to give Trent a smile. "I just might take a dip in the pond if it looks half way decent." And closing the door behind her.

The water in the pond didn't look at all bad and after washing her hands, Joss was totally feeling a dip. "You coming?" She turned to call back at Trent as she balanced on one foot taking off her boot and sock.

Trent smiled as he turned the truck off, then stepped out, quickly pulling his shirt off, followed by his boots and pants. He was quickly left in his boxers as he walked to the pond, immediately diving in and swimming away from Joss.

"You coming in or not?" Trent teasingly asked while enjoying the cool water as an escape from the hot night.

Joss laughed spying Trent in his boxers before he dove into the pond. "And here I pegged you as a tighty-whities kind of guy." She quickly switched feet pulling off her boot and sock, followed by her tight jeans and lacy top shirt. Lastly she pulled her hair out of it's ponytail and shook her hair free.

"I'm coming." She promised running and jumping so that she made a big splash into the pond as near to Trent as she could get. "Ah!" Joss surfaced a large smile on her face. "This feels good." She leaned back and floated on her back looking up at the stars.

"I love behind in the country. Away from all the city lights the stars are brighter and the night just feels more alive. Listen." She stopped talking and just floated there listening to the crickets play their music and the call of coyotes far away. The longer she listened the more Joss heard. This was peaceful and was just another thing that she missed in her life.

Trent smiled then threw something at Joss. He grinned when she looked puzzled, only to throw his boxers back at him. Trent followed Joss' example and just floated. This was the reason why he loved logging and living on his land. He had built a house with a wraparound porch, and used it for just this weekend, screening it and putting futons in to sleep on when it was warm enough.

"What's wrong?" Trent finally asked. He had been debating with asking the question all night. He could tell she hated living in the city, but didn't know why, or what was compelling her to stay. Trent hoped he wasn't crossing a line or prying as he continued to float, getting lost in the deep blue of the night sky.

"Wrong?" Joss questioned the question deciding if she was going to answer it or not. With a sigh she decided she was going to. "I think I've been outgrown." It was hard to say but it was true. "My husband and I grew up together in the same town and went to the same school. We were high school sweethearts and when we graduated we got married." She explained unloading on this stranger that she felt connected to. "We both started college but I dropped out to get a job with the BLM working in the wild horse program. It's what I love, it makes me happy and the money isn't bad." For some reason she felt like she needed to defend her job, maybe it was because Thomas always belittled it and she didn't want Trent to see it the same way.

"He continued with school but changed courses after his second year and became a business lawyer." It was then that things started to quickly changed. "You see we used to just be a married couple that were happy in a small old farm house with hundreds of acres who hunted and rode horses for fun but then it changed. It wasn't good enough and we had to move. When I fought it we compromised for something just outside of the city. It's a location that's just far away to be almost there but so vastly different form the country that it makes you miss it more." To Joss' ears it sounded like she was complaining and she wanted to stop but now that she had started it was harder to stop then she would have thought.

"He became too good for any of the things that we used to do together and he wanted to to change, be just like him and I didn't. It got worse. He stayed away from home, going on business meeting and weekend long company trips. He doesn't think I have a real job and it bothers him. We never spend anytime together and when we do it's an awkward silence. That makes sex nonexistent and because I'm always horny I tend to be a little on edge. It doesn't seem to bother him and I have a feeling that he's getting it elsewhere but I haven't had the nerve to ask." Her voice was getting thick and she kicked her feet in the watch listening to the sound and watching the beads of water.

"We came together to the music festival but he left me. I don't know where he is or what hes doing and I'm at the point in my marriage that I don't care." Joss admitted sadly. "I don't know what would hurt more, being together with someone who you used to love or being alone with no one to be with." She choked but dipping under the water to hide the tears.

When she came up for air after holding her breath as long as she cold she had a fake smile on. "Just what you wanted to hear from a crazy stranger, right." Joss laughed splashing Trent with water. She was trying to retreat from this topic afraid of what Trent would say.

Trent smiled sadly as he knew what it was like. He couldn't help but feel for this beautiful girl.

"My story is pretty much the same. I met my soon to be ex-wife in high school. I went into my uncle's logging business because I loved being outdoors and working with my hands. Jane decided that she wanted to go to school. She got there and failed a lot of courses," Trent said, pausing to collect his thoughts. "She started drinking heavily. When she came home, it was to me working 60 hour work weeks because I couldn't deal with a belligerent drunk who wanted nothing to do with me. It's to the point where I sleep on the couch while she sleeps in a puddle of her own vomit most nights."

Trent just shook his head then thought of something.

"What does your husband look like? You saw the picture on my phone, but did you take a good look at it to make sure it wasn't him?" Trent asked.

"Wow. We should start a club. We could have meetings and vent about everything. Kind of like what we're doing now but with clothes and we have to start it with 'Hello my name is ____ and my wife/husband is _________' then of course we would have to reply 'Hello ______'." Joss joked trying to lighten the mood. It was too serious and she wasn't going to admit how nice this felt being able to talk to someone or how helpful it was.

Joss cringed when Trent brought up the fact that she had seen his phone. "Yeah sorry about that. I just picked it up and there it was." She apologized. That he was worried that one of them might have been her husband didn't worry her, by the description she wasn't his type. "Nah, none of them were him." She said simply.

"Come on." Joss smiled splashing Trent again. "Lets forget about your soon to be ex-wife and we'll forget about my husband. We'll just have fun. I think we both need it." She splashed him again then swam away so she was out of range of him splashing her back.

Trent smiled at the splashing, then dove underwater. He hadn't told Joss this, but the pool was about 12 feet deep with a lane through the middle for driving to clean vehicles. He knew he had surprised Joss when he swam up behind her and dunked her.

"Next time, remember we are on my land," Trent said, laughing as he threw her a casual wink. He felt so relaxed and at ease around Joss. As Trent closed in for another dunk, he overestimated his tackle and ended up belly flopping into Joss, pulling them both under the water.

Joss opened her mouth to scream and was taken under the water before she could and got herself a nice big mouthful of pond water.

"Oh I'm so going to get you back for that." Joss promised wagging her finger at him. He didn't scare her with his big and bad 'this is my land' and she splashed in his direction just to tempt him.

She wasn't sure what had just happened but she figured it might have been a mess up on Trent's part when they both went under the water. Joss thought quickly and let her body go limp floating to the surface in a lifeless sort of way.

Joss had a plan to get him back for the dunking as long as Trent took the bait...

Trent grinned, splashing Joss back then relaxed on his back as well, floating next to her in the pond. He really enjoyed just relaxing, and couldn't stop thinking that he was actually happy that some things had happened tonight. It started with a divorce, and ended with him making a new friend. He was overly happy.

Trent chuckled then asked Joss, "And how exactly will you be getting me back?"

"If I tell you it'll never be a surprise." She teased reaching over to tickle Trent with one hand. She didn't know if he was ticklish but tried for it anyways. Not wanting to get tickled back she pushed away from Trent and dove under the water.

She was nearing the other side of the pond and was in shallow enough water that she could almost touch but not quite. "I do have a question. You put back on those boxer you tossed at me before right?"

Trent smiled at the question, shrugging off the tickles. His sister had tickled him too often and he had gotten over it pretty quickly.

"I have not, but it's no big deal if I don't," Trent said, winking as Joss blushed. He was curious as to why she asked, though.

"Your right. We're both adults so be as naked as you want." Joss called over as she walked up the bank and got a big handful of rich fine dirt. She still had her panties and bra on but like he said before, this was his land and if he wanted to be naked he could be.

"Ow! Ah shit. Fuck." Joss cried thrashing in the water. "I think I stepped on something sharp." She hissed sucking in her breath. "Ah-ahahah. Yeah it hurts." Her voice wobbled and she stayed where she was a whimper escaping. "I can't see it good enough. Trent can you come over here and see if you can see anything? It feel like I have something in it." Joss pleaded knowing she was playing unfairly.

Trent smiled, knowing it was a trap, but decided to play along. His time in the military right out of high school had seen to that. He slowly swam over to Joss, then gently grabbed her foot.

"Where does it hurt," Trent asked, letting a little concern show in his voice, waiting for her to get him back.

"Right there." Joss said leaping at Trent with a handful of mud. Something about how easily Trent came over told her that he knew something was up but if he was going to let her take this chance she wasn't going to not take it and wish that she had.

Trent grinned as Joss flew through the air. He easily caught her, then flipped her over his body and into deep water, avoiding the mud altogether. He turned around and grinned as Joss came up, spitting water.

"Are you sure you want to try something when I was specifically trained in the Rangers for this?" Trent said, teasing Joss to let her know he was having a blast.

"You're no fun." Joss pouted sticking out her tongue and splashing water.

"The army rangers. It would figure they would train you for naked pond wrestling." She teased. Her father was in the Marine Corps and would constantly tease his brother in law who had been in the army. It was all family fun and games and she couldn't help but take a jab at Trent.

Trent just smiled and shook it off, then giggled a bit.

"So wait, you telling me you're naked now?" Trent said, smiling mischievously.

Trent couldn't deny that he was having a blast, even though he was standing waist deep in water with a girl he didn't really know, completely naked. He hadn't had a better time in years, and he was determined to enjoy it. He smiled and swam out to Joss, then looked at her for a moment.

"I want to thank you for showing me how much fun it is to cut loose," Trent said, then swam forward and gently kissed Joss on the cheek.

"No. I'm one of those classy brods who waits at least the second time she meets someone before getting naked." She joked standing in the water to show him she was still dressed, barely. Before feeling a bit awkward and diving back into the pond. "And why is it that from that dig about you being in the army you walked away with 'she might be naked'?" Joss laughed in water deep enough that she couldn't touch.

Joss' eye widened for a second. "I should thank you. True I kind of just butted into your night but without you I would be moping at a concert hating my night. So thank you Mr Trent Lastname unknown." She smiled using Trent's shoulder to brace off of as she lifted herself up to kiss him on the cheek. It resulted in her being far too close to his body and her coming down with contact to parts of Trent she didn't' really need to feel.

"And oh-my-god you really are naked." Joss laughed nervously taking a few stokes backwards to put some space between them. "Sorry about that." She half smiled rubbing the back of her neck. While she didn't get a good feel she was pretty sure of what she had touched and was apologizing for it. "Might be off topic, might not but how tall would you say you are?" She asked tilting her head to the side as if measuring him even though less then half of him could be seen.

"It's ok," Trent said, flinching then groaning slightly as Joss rubbed up against him. He touched his cheek then grinned.

"I'm 6'4", and weigh about 230, if you were interested," Trent said, then looked at Joss. He figured she was about a half a foot shorter than him, maybe a bit more, but decided not to ask her.

"Should I go put clothes on so that you don't blush even more?" Trent said, a twinkle in his eye from the evident pleasure of making Joss blush even more.

"Wow." Joss nodded trying to think of any other then touching him. "6'4"... tall... big- Uh I mean..." Joss was stuck in the gutters and it was hard to get out of them. It was sad but when Joss thought about it that was the first man part she had touched in nearly ten months. "Wow do I need help." Joss whispered sinking under the water to hide her scarlet cheeks.

Trent's voice sounded warbled through the water but she heard him never the less and surfaced nodding her head. "It's either that or we play mud twister and see if I can glow neon red." She laughed wiping water from her eyes.

Trent grinned then walked calmly towards his truck and reached into his tool locker in the bed and pulled out a pair of boardshorts. He walked back into the water and quickly dunked Joss before swimming away.

He couldn't help but smile as he thought about how great the night had been. He just wished that he could keep his body in check before it scared Joss off.

Back