Chest hair on men or bare chested?

Thanks for all the replies. I was just curious. It really has no significance in my story except that I like to be descriptive. ;)

A few specific replies:



No, you are right. Who cares. I was just curious. *eye roll*



Screw you, Mr. High-and-Mighty.Oh, yeah... it's such a huge detail that it equates asking for 'help' in the writing my story. It was a general curiosity and happened to come up when I was writing. Your comment is ridiculous to suggest that such a tiny detail would have any significance in the overall plot of my story or that my character development is lacking because of chest hair. My characters have clothes on in my head, so I guess that's why it hadn't crossed my mind sooner. And he hadn't taken his clothes off up to that point in the story, so... And story scoring? Please. Over chest hair. Yeah, like that's going to make a difference. I've done just thank you very much.

Holy shitballs. :eek:
 
Happy medium for this lady. Don’t care for waxed bare chests and prefer not to slog it out in a thick forest of chest hair either. But a modest amount is fun to play with and gives a nice bit of traction when you need something to grip onto.
 
Holy shitballs. :eek:

Shouldn't that be hairballs or furballs? Lol.

I like hirsute myself and I write that into my stories now and then. Not guys with beards but definitely body hair. I find a lack of body hair on guys a bit effeminate myself - just personal taste. On the other hand my beloved did get a little drunk a couple of years ago and for some strange reason i thought it would be funny to give him a racing stripe from neck to male reproductive organ. I must've drunk to much myself because it seemed like a wonderfully funny idea at the time. Someone was not amused when someone woke up and noticed. It was funny tho.
 
Just a little bit in the middle of the chest with a light love line leading to the good part..

Ohhhhh... my personal ideal! :D

@Mireille: As you might have noticed... asking "what is popular" here on the forum is very unpopular. If you would have asked "what do you personally prefer," the snarks would have stayed in their basement. ;)
 
The snarks, as you snarkily posted, are trying to be helpful--pointing out time- and effort-wasting blind and meaningless alleys folks like to go down to avoid actually writing--or doing anything else useful. Seeking strangers' opinions on what they like by the ones and twosies isn't any more helpful in obtaining writing subject guidance than asking what's "popular" about anything in what to write.
 
How nice of you to tell us what does and doesn't work for you. Since everybody's writing process is so different, it's always interesting to read what works for other folks. :rolleyes:
 
How nice of you to tell us what does and doesn't work for you. Since everybody's writing process is so different, it's always interesting to read what works for other folks. :rolleyes:

He does have a poin though. You do need to frame your question with regard to what you're actually looking for specifically enough to get a reasonable answer.
 
I thought the question relatively clear.

I also think that there are some on this forum who post in nearly every thread and usually have the same category of commentary regardless of the clarity of the question.
 
How nice of you to tell us what does and doesn't work for you. Since everybody's writing process is so different, it's always interesting to read what works for other folks. :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry that you feel so threatened by my suggestion to employ common sense and to get your head on straight about what information is useful in your writing and what isn't that you need to attack me directly. :rolleyes:
 
Well I mean.

I've got long hair and a hairy goatee, but you know what
I didn't think? It's a gay thing.

That really freaked me!

I honestly thought I was being macho by growing the hair and moustache.

"No mate you look a reet fucking queer!"
 
Last edited:
I'm so sorry that you feel so threatened by my suggestion to employ common sense and to get your head on straight about what information is useful in your writing and what isn't that you need to attack me directly. :rolleyes:



HAHAHAHA! *snort* Poor baby. Abused by everyone for no reason at all.


HAHAHAHAHA!
 
Well I mean.

I've got long hair and a hairy goatee, but you know what
I didn't think? It's a gay thing.

That really freaked me!

I honestly thought I was being macho by growing the hair and moustache.

"No mate you look a reet fucking queer!"

I first went bearded in 1976 for a part in an Opera (Jesus Christ Superstar) and it was fortuitous at the time as it covered the scar from a recently removed mole too. Then when I discovered how easy it was to maintain rather than shaving every day, it just remained evermore.

As far as body hair, I look at it in categories. Turks, hirsute. Greeks, Asians, and blacks, smooth, for me.
 
I first went bearded in 1976 for a part in an Opera (Jesus Christ Superstar) and it was fortuitous at the time as it covered the scar from a recently removed mole too. Then when I discovered how easy it was to maintain rather than shaving every day, it just remained evermore.

My ex was the same - he had a nasty scar from some jealous bloke sticking a bottle in his face. He grew a beard to temporarily cover the redness, then decided he liked it so much, he kept it.

I liked the beard too, tbh. There's only so much stubbly-snogging you can cope with before it gets really ugly. (A friend once gave herself a Hitler-tache scab after getting carried away. Properly took her skin off, and took weeks to heal.)

Plus, I liked it when we played with his beard trimmer.
 
I personally prefer hairy men but unfortunately my late husband is the only man I've 'been with' who fit the bill. I don't believe I've ever described in detail how hairy any of my love studs are. I guess I'm too busy talking about their massive cocks.
 
I think it all depends on how you write it. It's not the reader's tastes that are reflected but the character's. If you write the character so that she (or he) as a positive feeling for chest hair, that should be enough:

"When he took off his shirt, I had a sudden urge to run my fingers through his chest hair, from nipple to nipple, from throat to where it disappeared under his belt."

"When he took off his shirt, he revealed a swimmer's body, with no body hair concealing the definition of the muscles of his chest, but only a flat surface that begged for a caress."

It's the character's reaction that the story is really about, isn't it?
 
Oh, lord, another question that can't possibly have a statistically meaningful answer.

Talk about snark! But your later posts were certainly more tempered and helpful, though your grating way still shines at times.

But, as others have said...less is more and let people fill in the gaps unless you’re going for a certain thing...probably parody given this crowd if you fill in the stats.

But SR, I’d read your story that gave stats...be fun to read about your big ten inch, record that plays the blues...I’m actually serious...
 
Last edited:
And yet, I don't choose to be the site's schoolmarm and self-proclaimed knuckle duster and PC monitor that you and others are. I don't agree that my cited post is snarky. It's a call to use common sense and not expect stats to do what they won't do. It's a call to stop wasting your time in looking for answers that aren't there. This is an adult site. If folks need babysitting here or for you to be the babysitter for them, tough. I operate in the professional world and work with adults.

But I'm happy to have given you the thrill of lobbing cheap shots and being self-anointed and self-satisfied hall monitor for today.
 
Last edited:
Well, we’ve been down this road before so I probably should have ignored you since you’ll never have any self awareness how you come across.
 
Back
Top