What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baiting a snot nose into a high speed pass on the right.

While the three seconds of testosterone filled glee may have felt good while you flew by four wheelers at 90 plus on your rice burner, it failed miserably in comparison to:
  • the ten seconds for the patrol car to catch you and make the traffic stop,
  • the ten minutes of laughter provided to those you passed after watching you bounce your helmet off the ground,
  • the 30 minutes for processing your reckless driving ticket during which time, the rest of us made it home,
  • the months of bus or buddy rides endured while your license is revoked,
  • and the hundreds of dollars you'll pay in increased insurance premiums.
In the future, check your six ... often.
It's things like this that make me remember why I like you.

At my pre-admission appointment at hospital today (prep for an op in a few days' time), finding out my BP is fab and my heart sounds great, but especially having the doctor call the nurse over to listen to my lungs and saying how fabulous my lungs were, bright and clear and filling up right to the bottom, clean as a whistle. "Clearly you've never smoked", said the doctor. I had to tell her I smoked 20+ cigs a day for 19 years (gave up 5 years ago). I'm shitting bricks about the op, but I'm delighted with the state of my ex-smoker's lungs lol!

A good friend.....define special needs...........she is the greatest (not the friend that made me angry today)

What made me smile today?

Waking up and feeling immediately that I could breathe more deeply than I have in days, without having to work as hard at it.

Not coughing *once* until I read one of Dave's jokes in the "Crude" thread. Laughing can still trigger coughing, but it wasn't a *jag* like it has been. I'm getting over this damn bronchitis! :nana:

What made me smile today?

Waking up and feeling immediately that I could breathe more deeply than I have in days, without having to work as hard at it.

Not coughing *once* until I read one of Dave's jokes in the "Crude" thread. Laughing can still trigger coughing, but it wasn't a *jag* like it has been. I'm getting over this damn bronchitis! :nana:

YAY!
:D

So glad you're feeling better!

As for what made me smile?

My A., my kids and one true friend. :)

Ohh and the fact that its evening!!!
I can finaly sit down and rest my ubersore feet. lol

YAY!
:D

So glad you're feeling better!

I second that! :)
Thank you both. I'm glad, too, and will be even more so when I feel *good* again. Right now, I'm still tired as soon as I get out of bed - hell, when I'm *in* bed - my nose is stuffy, my bronchi are still stuffy, but I'm happy as hell that they're not as stuffy as they *were.* Ah, well... I keep reminding myself, "It could be worse. It could be worse. You have friends for whom it *is* worse. KWITCHERBELLYAKIN!"

Oh, graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacieeeeee (and a bunch of others!):

Chocolate Helps Hinder Heart Disease
Marlowe Hood, AFP

Heart attack survivors who eat chocolate two or more times per week cut their risk of dying from heart disease about threefold compared to those who never touch the stuff, scientists have reported.

Smaller quantities confer less protection, but are still better than none, according to the study, which appears in the September issue of the Journal of Internal Medicine.

Earlier research had established a strong link between cocoa-based confections and lowered blood pressure or improvement in blood flow.

It had also shown that chocolate cuts the rate of heart-related mortality in healthy older men, along with post-menopausal women.

But the new study, led by Imre Janszky of the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, is the first to demonstrate that consuming chocolate can help ward off the grim reaper if one has suffered acute myocardial infarction -- otherwise known as a heart attack.​

Lots more at the original Discovery News article, linked in the headline above. :D

getting a phone call after a shit day. I love when he welcomes me home with tortures, orgasms and dirty talk, and most of all his voice.

Sir has slept most of the day on the machine so I know He will be up until the early hours. He's found a movie to watch at 10.30pm on the local community TV channel, in their "Schlocky Horror Picture Show" timeslot.

It's called - wait for it - "Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter" :eek: :rolleyes: Oh Ma Gawd.....:D

My daughter and her best friend are fighting over a spot. Her friend will smack her butt and say 'GIMME MY SPOT' and they'll giggle, and then my daughter will smack her friends butt and say "MINE" and they'll both giggle.

The fan in my laptop died months ago, and I've been trying to keep it alive. Master says I can go buy a new laptop today!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back