How long to get a story removed?

BlinkOneSomething

Experienced
I was informed by another site that contest entries cant be published on other sites so I am trying to get a story pulled down. Anyone know how long this generally takes? Laurel has responded to me rapidly on a different issue but crickets on this one.

Usually a week or so. You need to resubmit a blank story with exactly the same title, with the word "delete" or "remove" added, and a note to the editor asking for the story to be removed. That way, Laurel sees the request in her normal process queue, whereas she might miss a PM.

I assume you mean your story is a contest entry on the other site?

If your story wins or is placed, Literotica asks that you leave it posted for (at least a year) No. 2 years after the result is announced.

You give Literotica the non-exclusive right to publish your story. Literotica does not restrict you from posting any story elsewhere - but a paid-for site might, probably would, object to you having the story posted for free viewing on Literotica.

Edited: I checked the rules...

Authors of winning stories agree to grant Literotica.com the non-exclusive right to display their story for a period of no less than 24 months from the end date of the contest. This requirement is simply here to make sure that award-winning stories stay on the site for long enough for future readers to enjoy them. Authors retain all copyrights to their stories - you are just agreeing to not remove your story from the site for at least two years if you win.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Yes the contest is on another site. I thought I had read that somewhere about the same title with REMOVE added, but couldn't find it again. Will try that.

Thanks everyone. Yes the contest is on another site. I thought I had read that somewhere about the same title with REMOVE added, but couldn't find it again. Will try that.

Not remove but DELETE. Submit the exact title of the original story followed by DELETE. Leave text box empty.

If the title is too long to add the word DELETE, put as many letters as you can in the title box and put Please DELETE in the Notes box.

Not remove but DELETE. Submit the exact title of the original story followed by DELETE. Leave text box empty.

If the title is too long to add the word DELETE, put as many letters as you can in the title box and put Please DELETE in the Notes box.

Also, in the note box add the link to the story you want deleted. It might make it happen just a little quicker as you are pointing Laurel right to it.

9 days later I'm getting closer. Her reply said to submit a story titled REMOVE, with the title of the story to be removed in the body of the story. DELETE is actually what to use in the title to remove ALL your stuff!

12 days now, with 2 back and forth emails. Just a warning to anyone who thinks this is something simple to do, like it should be.

12 days now, with 2 back and forth emails. Just a warning to anyone who thinks this is something simple to do, like it should be.
The editor's priority is to scan new content being put up on this site, not taking down content because you want to take it elsewhere. Be nicer to the hand that fed you, that might help.

Fed me what exactly? Be nicer in what way? If it's an option, than it should be exercisable in some concievable manner in my opinion. Whatever the priority is, I still look like a liar to those people I told I would have it removed. At this point by the time it happens it will be too late.

Fed me what exactly? Be nicer in what way? If it's an option, than it should be exercisable in some concievable manner in my opinion. Whatever the priority is, I still look like a liar to those people I told I would have it removed. At this point by the time it happens it will be too late.

Yes, you have a point. Sorry you're having trouble getting this done in a reasonable amount of time. I don't think it should take much longer to pull something off than it did to get it posted, if the author wants it pulled or has a good reason why it needs to be pulled. It's something other authors should think about in posting stories here. I don't think it's something that other author users should be jerking you around on.

Fed you a free platform for eighteen stories, fifty folk who follow you, you know how how many views faves etc. That is, an audience; and, one assumes, some experience gained sufficient to place a story elsewhere for another site's contest.
Be nicer? Don't snipe at the site that hosts you, is one way. Your urgency isn't automatically somebody else's priority.

Don't know how I'm "sniping", but I do know I can point to this thread if asked if I attempted to remove it. Yes, it's a free platform, but your stories and mine are also given to it for free. Sorry if you're offended for some reason, but the idea of the thread isn't at all to bash the site.

Don't know how I'm "sniping", but I do know I can point to this thread if asked if I attempted to remove it. Yes, it's a free platform, but your stories and mine are also given to it for free. Sorry if you're offended for some reason, but the idea of the thread isn't at all to bash the site.
Okay, fair enough, I misread the tone of your Post #9 - apologies :).

I'm late to the thread, but I'll respond in case someone needs it for future reference.

I had a 12-part series removed some time back, and PM'd with Laurel about how to do it. These were her instructions, and they worked without a hitch:

First, I want to let you know that you have every right to remove your submissions from the site at any time for any reason.

Be aware that we do not store site submission data - including votes, comments, and the text itself. Once it is deleted from our servers, we cannot restore it.

Also know that if you submit a new edit the story, we will post it as new but it will not be eligible for any contests because it is not new to the site.

For security purposes and to make sure you (as the author) are the one making the removal request, you must follow this procedure: log into your account and create a submission titled "REMOVE". In the body of the submission, put the names of the submissions you wish removed along with (optionally) the reason for their removal.

If you want all of your work removed, you can write "DELETE ALL" in one form rather than listing every submission.

If you want all of one series removed, you can write "DELETE [SERIESNAME]" in one form rather than listing every submission.

Submission removals are usually done within 2-5 days.

Thanks for your support, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Back