Trouble in the Firm (closed)

DangerousDarkEyes

Shadow Dancer
Joined
Mar 16, 2003
Posts
3,837
The year was 2030, the place was the city of Hong Kong. People had all changed with mortals living with the immortals, along with wizards, spell casters and sorceress’s. It had become a dangerous place to live if one didn’t know where they were or what they were doing. They had laws and people to police those laws, although the laws had changed so much that sometimes murder had been allowed, depending on the circumstances.

So many things had changed such as even the clothes people were wearing or not wearing. For the laws now changed to allow people to run around with practically nothing on, as long as their genitals were covered. But among the changes, some things remained the same, it was still a world of classes, although there were more types now. There was still the criminals that broke even the simplest laws, just unable to conform to society.

Danielle was a 24 year old lawyer who had just started working for her father’s firm. She was about 5’3”, dark black hair, dark eyes and part Asian, her father had come from the states and met her mother here in Hong Kong. Unfortunately her mother had died in child birth, so she was educated by nannies and boarding schools until she finally when to college to get her law degree and pass the bar, which she did with no problem. She was a damn good lawyer and her father had been very excited by her joining the firm.

Today she had finished in court and was on her way to get on her motorcycle and go to her apartment. Even though her father had wanted her to stay in the big mansion he had, Danielle preferred her own space. She didn’t want the reputation as just being the daughter of the owner, she wanted to make a name for herself on her own.

 
Last edited:
Malik smiled as he closed his lap top. It was time to go to work again. He rose from the ground, standing up straight, his eyes surveying the wilderness out before him. He stood on the top of a stone monolith. It was a natural formation, and there were several others around him, but he had climbed this one three days ago

He stood still, breathing in the air, pulling in the light, casting a shadow, and he began to move. He went through the motions of the first half of the shadenka. Anyone with guilded vision would have seen the aura growing around him as he focused his chi and drew ever more with each breath. He was clothes in a simple pair of pants and a snug shirt that covered him to the wrist. All plain white. The garb he always wore, the uniform of the wind and the spirit and the light

As his motions lead to a peak he kept fifty feet into the air on a burst of chi. His hands swept around him as he cried out and released his power. He shot down in a flash, a massive boom echoing through the desert as the monolith shattered beneath his blow, exploding outward as he drove down.

After the cloud of dust cleared Malik stood at the center of a pile of rubble, the monolith was gone and he stood on the desert floor. He began to walk

It was time to get back to civilization

http://www.goodfon.com/wallpaper/327199.html
 
Last edited:
As Danielle walked to her car, she kept looking back, getting a feeling like someone was following her. Every time she looked though, no one was there. She finally made it to car in the parking lot and got in, driving back to the firm. She was having a hard time shaking this feeling of someone following her though, even in her car she felt it.

When she returned to her office, laying her files on the desk, she went to her father’s office. He had wanted her to let him know how things went.

“Everything went just as I said it would, we got him another continuation set for three months from now. I don’t know why you bother with scum like that though, I’m not even sure he’s innocent.”

“Luckily you’re not the judge or jury, you’re there to defend him.” her father, Martin, reminded her as he had done in the past. “Unless you have some evidence that I don’t know about, the man is innocent. Remember, innocent till proven guilty, unlike other companies, we still honor that code.” Martin sat back in his chair, finally taking his eyes off the document he was reading and looked at her.

“Something else is wrong, what is it?” he finally asked her as she paced back and forth, her thoughts apparently somewhere else.

“Nothing really, I’m probably just being paranoid anyway.”

“About what, you know we deal with a lot of characters and we do make enemies, what’s bothering you?” he asked again, now very concerned.

“Well, for the last few days, I can’t shake the feeling that someone is following me, watching me. I keep looking around, but I never see anyone. Even in my car driving I’ve been feeling that way. It’s probably nothing, just maybe nervous about the Randall case.”

“You’re not handling the Randall case, I told you I didn’t want you involved in that at all. That means not reading any of the files either. Leave this case for Johnson and Carter, they are much more experienced in handling something that big.” Martin said, more than a bit irritated that his daughter had gone against his wishes and looked at the case file. “Maybe I should have one of our security men follow you around for a few days. He might see who is following you or let you know it’s in your head.”

“No, I can handle it, besides then I would really feel like I was being watched and I hate that already. I’m out of here, going home to soak in a nice hot bath. Bye dad, I’ll see you in the morning.” she said, giving him a quick kiss to his forehead.

“Bye dear, see you in the morning.”
 
He didn't mind cities, but they did make him itch. Shadows everywhere and scum walking the streets, his chi calling to him to cleanse the filth. He wasn't there for that though

He sat outside of a high rose law firm in his hover bike. His mind open to the lofe force around him. He felt the pair of men in a car just down the street, the men he had seen playing with the guns and laughing boisterously about the ripe broad the were going to pluck tonight and he knew he was going to get a chance to clean up some of that scum he had been itching to kill. He felt his hand slip to the blades he had tucked under his trench coat as a pair of head lights rolled out of the parking deck. As the car pulled out he saw the two thugs pull out and begin to follow it, so he rolled out trailing behind them as they made their way out of the city
 
In the morning, Martin, Danielle’s father was getting a little bit annoyed that her daughter hadn’t showed up. She usually was always early and never missed a meeting and today especially as this was her account. He paced his office for quite awhile, yelling at her secretary to keep trying her phone. Unfortunately, no one was able to reach her and by noon, her father was in a panic.

“Did she say anything to any of you about missing today or running late? Has anyone talked to her since she left here yesterday?” He was besides himself and he sent someone out to her house to see what might be going on. The report back on that was she wasn’t there and neither was her car.

“Do you think I need to call the police?” he asked his secretary who actually laughed at him.

“And what do you think they would do? You know very well that the cops our on someone’s payroll, but not the citizens that’s for sure.”

Then one of his co workers from sales came up and handed him a card. There was a name…Malik and a number he could be reached at. When asked how he knew this man could help, he said he had only heard of him and he didn’t know if he was good at locating people or not, but what other possibilities did Martin have. He suggested he call the man and just see if there was something he could do for him.

Martin went into his office, closed the door and punched in the number.
 
Malik was still as he sat outside of a city warehouse, biding his time as he waited when his phone rang. He answered it with a smile. He was already on the case. Some big wig had known this was coming. He had apparently used a little foresight and that had lead him to tail the kidnappers before they had grabbed her. But her dad didn't know that and he told him he was on the case, and they discussed his fee briefly.

He hung up the phone and got off of his bike. He went to the building next door, made his way to the roof and kept across to the building where she was being held. He smiled as he popped open an air vent and silently descended
 
Danielle was just coming to trying to focus, yet everything was so blurring and her head hurt like hell. She looked around and saw that she was in some sort of dirty dungeon cell, at least that’s what it looked like to her. Then she screamed when she realized she was lying there in just her blue panties, nothing else.

“OMG what has happened?” she whispered out loud, her voice trembling with fear.

As her focus became more clear, she saw that there was a camera on that watched her. Actually several from all different sides of her cell. There were other cells too, but at the time, she was the only one there.

“Well, bout time you woke up, pretty girl.” scowled a large man that walked up to her cell and had a tray of food for her. “I brought you something to eat and drink, but it’s not free….get up here and put your tits against the bars, I want to feel those pretty pair.”

“I will do no such thing, where am I? You better let me go or something will happen really bad to you.”

“Just get those tits up here, unless you want me to come in, if I come in I’m gonna be getting more than your tits, missy.” Crown said, irritated it was taking so long.

“Fine, I’m coming in….”

“No, wait…” Danielle said softly as she walked slowly up to the bars and leaned against them.

Her tits pressed against the bars, her nipples actually hard from the cold metal. She clenched her fists together as he leaned down and sucked on one of her nipples. She couldn’t believe her body actually was responding to this but her mind was fighting it all the way. Then she cried out as he bit her nipple without cutting the flesh.

“Mmmm, you taste as pretty as you look, now stay there, I have one more to sample.”

Crown sucked on her other nipple making sucking noises which made Danielle sick to her stomach. Once again he bit hard, but did not draw blood although she did scream out.

He pushed her tray underneath the open slat at the floor. “There you go, just as I promised.”

“Well, just as I promised, you’ll be getting yours too.” she yelled at him, wishing he would fall down and hit his head, just enough to be painful.

Suddenly he stumbled and did exactly what she wished on him.

“Damn you girl, how did you do that?” he yelled out, rubbing his head, seeing some blood where he had cut himself on the corner of the step.

“I told you something would happen.” she said, totally shocked herself that it had happened.

“I ought to…”

“To what? If you think that’s all I can do come in and see…” she said tempting him, although just bluffing as she had no idea what she had done to him.

He just gave her a scolded look and went back upstairs, falling again when he reached the top of the stairs, tumbling all the way back down.

“Sure you just didn’t have too much to drink?” she laughed and then looked away from him.

He didn’t say a word, just went back up the stairs, but not returning for the rest of the day.
 
Back
Top