Gay Animals

Stuponfucious said:
I take it the removed images featured animals of the same gender engaging in what appeared to be sexual behavior? I don't see how that proves anything one way or the other personally. As has already been stated (even in the article that the originator of this thread cited) a male humping another male isn't necessarily for sexual gratification, it's an act of dominance.

Similarly, female bonobos who rub thier genitals together are not necessarily 'lesbians' or even bisexual, they're merely consoling and comforting the other or both.

Actually, I wasn't arguing the point one way or another. I was just pointing it out that mating between animals of the same gender occur, and the other animal didn't appear to be resisting.
 
Etoile said:
Yep. They were from zoofur.com if anybody feels like seeking them out for themselves.

Those images aren't copyrighted, I found them all on about 10 different websites. But I apologize nonetheless
 
DustyWolfe said:
Actually, I wasn't arguing the point one way or another. I was just pointing it out that mating between animals of the same gender occur, and the other animal didn't appear to be resisting.

It's already been established that sexual activity between animals of the same gender occurs. I wouldn't call it mating though. Mating is defined as an act of procreation. Sexual activity between same gender animals almost never even involves penetration, and obviously could not result in offspring.
 
DustyWolfe said:
Actually, I wasn't arguing the point one way or another. I was just pointing it out that mating between animals of the same gender occur, and the other animal didn't appear to be resisting.

Of course the other animal wasn't resisting. If they had they probably would've started a confrontation. As I said, mounting a same gender individual (usually male/male) is an assertion of dominance. If the other animal remains passive they are showing that they are submitting.
 
Stuponfucious said:

Similarly, female bonobos who rub thier genitals together are not necessarily 'lesbians' or even bisexual, they're merely consoling and comforting the other or both.

All the more reason why people should do it more often. I could use some consoling and/or comforting.
 
lovelylisa said:
All the more reason why people should do it more often. I could use some consoling and/or comforting.

Well, I think rubbing genitals with a bonobo would actually make me very UNcomfortable, but to each thier own I suppose. :D
 
DirkPryde said:
There have been studies and a documentry (which is where I saw this) on a troop of Chimps which are actually matriarchal (not much to do with this but an interesting side note).

These Chimps, in order to maintain alliances or to calm each other down or for what appeared as fun, would in a general term, have sex with each other be it FF, FM or MM. The Females would run genitals together and some Males would engage in anal sex.

I don't remember heaps of details, it was a while ago that I saw the documentry, but it was observed natural behaviour ... kinda interesting stuff. Also though, to put things in perspective as far as I know the documentry was about one troop only ... so it is definatley a minority behaviour.

Makes me wonder if there are any more studies on it ... might go searching :)

It's a well-established behavior among bonobos, also known as pygmy chimps. It's not in the minority for that species.

Also, bonobos aren't quite matriarchal (which I am defining as females being dominant). They are still patriarchal, but females have much more power in the troop than females in chimp troops do.
 
Stuponfucious said:
Well, I think rubbing genitals with a bonobo would actually make me very UNcomfortable, but to each thier own I suppose. :D

Oh, I'm sorry...started talking rubbing genitals all. I got a bit confusued. My bad. :)
 
Okay... So I'm pulling this thread back up.... For those that interested you might go buy this book or check it out from the library. I just saw a documentary about this woman and this book today. Looks really good

Evolution's Rainbow
 
The way I see it is its natural to have sex regardless of human or animal but ppl who actually watch and paya ttention to gay animals and such is what disturbs me, anyhting sex and animals in the same sentance disturbs me.
 
Back
Top