How do I break through to someone who's been hurt?

Every single thing you've done or experienced has brought you to where you are and made you the person you are. If you like yourself and the life you have then you can't hate any of the road that brought you there.
Once you realize that then you stop regretting the past. The past was necessary. The present and the future are the things that are yours to make.
Good advice. Hard to follow.
 
yeah well, those years behind me? some of them were spent learning that.
Some of them were spent in therapy paying someone to help teach me that.
Intellectually I understand, and for the most part, I don't get all caught up in the past. But, every once in a while, I find myself either ready to weep or beat the crap out of something because the memories crowd in and the what ifs start.
 
About the only things in my life I regret are the chances at pussy that I let slip by because I was too much of a...well, a pussy. "No guts, no orgasm" as the saying goes...or something like that...
 
well

Your last was well said. :) Been there done that.
Offer your friendship and your ear without judgment. If that offer is well-received, good, if it isn't, that's life.
 
I did such monumentally moronic things in the past...
At least you recognise that. I respect anyone who has the courage to admit that. You have grown, be proud of that. Now you have a message to tell and words of advice and wisdom to offer.

Good advice. Hard to follow.
Actually very simple. One day it will come to you - it will hit you in a flash and you will kick yourself for not understanding much sooner.

Intellectually I understand, and for the most part, I don't get all caught up in the past. But, every once in a while, I find myself either ready to weep or beat the crap out of something because the memories crowd in and the what ifs start.
The benefit for others, with the message you have to tell, far outweighs your past.

You have grown and that is kick-arse.
 
You can't fix every bird with a broken wing. You'll never be able to live your own life if you spend every minute trying to help everyone. Unfortunately, they are a dime a dozen. You walk by them several times per day. Many times their problems are of their own doing and you can't do anything to fix that anyway. If people don't learn to fix their own problems they are destined to make the same mistake over and over again, hoping for that white knight to come riding along every time to help them fix the same mistakes they keep on making.
 
Back
Top