Attach a file to a Lit PM

hangdawg

Really Experienced
Simple enough explanation by reading the title. Is there a way to attach a file when sending a PM on Lit. like you can with an email?

depending on what it is you want to send--maybe
You would have to upload the file to something like Google Drive or some other 'cloud' type storage that will give you a share link. Then simply include the link in your message so that the person you're sending it to can access it.
Google Drive has different settings so that you can decide how private the access to the file will be.
Doing it that way you can send music, documents, pictures, etc pretty easily. They aren't really attachments but it is a way of sending info and files in a PM.

depending on what it is you want to send--maybe
You would have to upload the file to something like Google Drive or some other 'cloud' type storage that will give you a share link. Then simply include the link in your message so that the person you're sending it to can access it.
Google Drive has different settings so that you can decide how private the access to the file will be.
Doing it that way you can send music, documents, pictures, etc pretty easily. They aren't really attachments but it is a way of sending info and files in a PM.

That's under the "insert image" tab on the PM screen?

no
you don't actually insert it anywhere, you just include the link in the message
if I wanted to 'attach' a long document, for example I would upload it to my Google Drive then get the 'share' link for it. In my PM I'd simply include the link to it so that the person I'm sending it to can click the link and go to the information.
Granted it isn't exactly attaching a file but it is one way of sending one along with (or inside) a message. I suppose you could use the
createlink.gif
and have it say something other than just looking like a link

no
you don't actually insert it anywhere, you just include the link in the message
if I wanted to 'attach' a long document, for example I would upload it to my Google Drive then get the 'share' link for it. In my PM I'd simply include the link to it so that the person I'm sending it to can click the link and go to the information.
Granted it isn't exactly attaching a file but it is one way of sending one along with (or inside) a message. I suppose you could use the
createlink.gif
and have it say something other than just looking like a link

TY.
Exactly who's Lady are you, btw?

Back