Question about paragraph spacing here

barrymanilow

Experienced
Hello,

I have a question about the paragraph spacing on literotica.

My stories all have a space between each paragraph. I find this is critical to help make it not seem cluttered. Looks like almost every story here is the same.

However, whenever I submit my story into the entry box, it seems to automatically remove all the spacing between paragraphs. The same thing happens when I upload a text file (even when the text file itself on my computer has the spacing on it.)

The story text on the site always has the spacing removed. For the first chapter of my first story, I went through it and added the spaces manually. My second chapter is much longer, though, and I tend to write in short paragraphs so I really don't want to have to do this.

Is there a way to post here with the spacing intact? Or will it actually be intact when posted and only the preview screen shows the story without the spaces?

You may have to check the settings of whatever program you write in to make sure it's adding real carriage returns between paragraphs. If you paste it into a text file and there are blank lines, though, it should be the same when you paste it into the submission form.

You might consider pasting into something bare-bones such as notepad/wordpad and saving in plain .txt. That should gut any odd formatting from whatever program you write in, which may be conflicting with Lit's text processor.

I do this, and it sometimes loses CRs at page transitions, but that doesn't take long to check and correct before submitting, as opposed to manually adding them all in.

As far as I know (and as I've always done), in the cut/paste box the extra line feeds have to be done on manual setting (which is automatic--you just have to do a two paragraph symbol find/replace for one paragraph symbol) and that you can't use computer macros to do this for you.

You may have to check the settings of whatever program you write in to make sure it's adding real carriage returns between paragraphs. If you paste it into a text file and there are blank lines, though, it should be the same when you paste it into the submission form.

You might consider pasting into something bare-bones such as notepad/wordpad and saving in plain .txt. That should gut any odd formatting from whatever program you write in, which may be conflicting with Lit's text processor.

I do this, and it sometimes loses CRs at page transitions, but that doesn't take long to check and correct before submitting, as opposed to manually adding them all in.

I am using Wordpat in txt format. The txt file on Wordpad shows that it has spacing, but if I copy/paste into the literotica site the spaces disappear. If I upload the txt file, when I click "preview" all the spaces are gone also.

I upload my stories in MS Word doc. txt. format. I find cut and paste a PITA. I've had one or two spacing problems when stories went up, but that was on management's end. 99.44% of my uploads are displayed just fine. :D

I am using Wordpat in txt format. The txt file on Wordpad shows that it has spacing, but if I copy/paste into the literotica site the spaces disappear. If I upload the txt file, when I click "preview" all the spaces are gone also.

Okay... that's weird.

Are you physically striking the Enter key twice at the end of paragraphs to create that blank line while writing? It sounds like you may be letting something automate that.

If you're actually typing those carriage returns... I got nothin'. I can't fathom why a plain .txt file or copy/paste from same wouldn't maintain actual taps of the Enter key.

Okay... that's weird.

Are you physically striking the Enter key twice at the end of paragraphs to create that blank line while writing? It sounds like you may be letting something automate that.

If you're actually typing those carriage returns... I got nothin'. I can't fathom why a plain .txt file or copy/paste from same wouldn't maintain actual taps of the Enter key.

I hit the return bar twice between paragraphs while writing. If didn't do that, though, I could highlight it all and replace one paragraph symbol with two pragraph symbols.

I've also always cut and paste directly into the text box from Word. No problems in 557 stories.

I've never had that problem, and I just copy and paste directly out of a straight text editor into the input box.

The only thing I can imagine is that you are using some word processor like Word which can "draw" gaps between lines even though you don't hit Return twice. However the copy of Wordpad I have doesn't seem to have that option.

I am using Wordpat in txt format.

Did you mean Wordpad?

To answer the question above, yes, I always hit enter twice to make paragraphs. I've never messed around with any paragraph formatting or settings in the options bar.

Did you mean Wordpad?

Yes, I meant Wordpad.

Let me show you exactly what I'm talking about through screen captures.

1. I copy the text. As you can see, it has spacing.

http://imgur.com/EazZK

2. I paste it into the text box. The spacing goes away!

http://imgur.com/SvcFa

3. Now let's try saving it as a text file.

http://imgur.com/C5M96.jpg

4. Now I'll upload that TXT file.

http://imgur.com/lA7Vc.jpg

5. Then I click preview. The spacing is gone!

http://imgur.com/iRKBN.jpg

Tried the exact same thing in Word and had the same problem. Also tried it on both my laptop and PC so its not a computer thing.

What is going on?

Last edited:
I've got nothing.

There's no reason I can think of that it should be happening, and no example I can think of where it's happened to anyone else.

The one and only thing I can think of is to try a different browser ( if you haven't already ) although I've made submissions recently in both Firefox and Chrome without issue, and never had any trouble with IE in the past either.

I would assume that if it was a browser issue ( unless you're using something obscure ) there would be more people here complaining, but at this point, it's shot-in-the-dark time.

I write in word and do a double spacing between paragraphs then copy and paste. I've never had any issues. So this is kind of odd.

I write in word and do a double spacing between paragraphs then copy and paste. I've never had any issues. So this is kind of odd.

I do the same, but I do have some issues.

A few paragraph spacings get missed. Not all, but some.

I use Preview, then Make Changes, then Preview again. At worst I have to do that twice.

I think it might be a problem with my basic format setting in Word. Usually I have it set as no line spacing but I have several format settings and if I leave a document and come back to it I don't always check what format I was using.

I guess I'm with most others here. I use Word to write my stories, I hit enter twice after each graph to insert a blank line between them, I cut and paste my stories into the submission box and I've never had a problem.

Back