Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 16 pounds of beef short ribs in the fridge. I may not cook them all on Friday. They will all be dry-brined this evening and lovingly rubbed before heading back to the fridge to await Friday. There's also a couple pounds of pork sausages for tomorrow's breakfast. Sausage not used for breakfast will probably go into the dressing.
 
12239491_802516906537584_5063489711396602238_n.jpg


For a big crowd, a lamb inside a pig inside a cow.
 
Without a mature biga, you can add some plain yogurt into the water, combined so that the entire amount equals 200 ml for this recipe. I prefer the taste of yogurt in bread if I don't have a mature sourdough starter going. Very tasty! :)


I just had a request for Gianbattista's bread recipe.

Its a sourdough loaf, so the starter has been going for some months but you could make just a plain loaf with yeast too I guess!

He says he did 400 grams strong white bread flour ( 00)
200 ml warm water
Salt
His biga/ starter ( so if none try yeast)


Once risen fold in pistachios and dried apricots ( measured by eye) Allow to fully rise again in the tin.

Bake in a hot oven ( maybe 220 celcius ) for maybe 45 minutes ( check ) with ice in in a tin underneath for the crust.


Sorry about metric, he is a metric man through and through. We are both slapdash about time and temps, and, well, measurements:D. Even though he baked that one in the oven with a temperature guage!

if any one wants me to convert to metric I will happily. But, as you see, we go by luck and previous experience more than readings.
 
3 ingredient coffee icecream....

3 T instant coffee, dissolved in 1 T hot water (allow to cool)
200 ml sweetened condensed milk, chilled
600 ml thick whipping cream, chilled

Stir the coffee into the condensed milk in a large chilled bowl.
Add the whipping cream and using a mixer (or whisk if you're fast!), mix until thick and creamy.
Transfer to a freezer-safe container, cover surface with plastic wrap, put lid on and freeze for 3 to 4 hours.
Voila!

The coffee mix can be replaced with a vanilla bean mix, or any other flavour, so long as the liquid amount remains the same.
 
3 T instant coffee, dissolved in 1 T hot water (allow to cool)
200 ml sweetened condensed milk, chilled
600 ml thick whipping cream, chilled

Stir the coffee into the condensed milk in a large chilled bowl.
Add the whipping cream and using a mixer (or whisk if you're fast!), mix until thick and creamy.
Transfer to a freezer-safe container, cover surface with plastic wrap, put lid on and freeze for 3 to 4 hours.
Voila!

The coffee mix can be replaced with a vanilla bean mix, or any other flavour, so long as the liquid amount remains the same.

Have you tried Baileys ice cream? It's quite good.
 
No, but I made this with khalua and thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

I'm not that big on coffee most days, but for some strange reason my mouth and tummy really like coffee cold. Iced coffee milk or whatever and coffee ice cream. I like it.

Sounds yummy, WQ!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top