My Favorite Quotes

.


How can I forget you when your always on my mind?
How can I not want you when your all I want inside?
How can I let you go when I can't see us apart?
How can I not love you when you control my heart?


Anon​


.
 
Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
 
"Life is like a sewer: What you get out of it depends on what you put into it."

-- Tom Lehrer
 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

To finish the moment, to find the journey's end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom.
 
“Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst” -- Frederick Buechner

“The envious man thinks that if his neighbor breaks a leg, he will be able to walk better himself” -- Helmut Schoeck

“I am Envy. I cannot read and therefore wish all books burned.”
-- Christopher Marlowe
 
Anais Nin

Fear less, hope more. Eat less, chew more. Snivel less, breathe more. Talk less, say more. Love more and good things will come.
 
Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.

Louisa May Alcott
 
Dalai Lama

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
 
Lao Tzu

He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.
 
Stephen Chbosky

"Things change. And friends leave. And life doesn't stop for anybody."

- Charlie in Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
 
Eugene Ionesco

"But you know - if someone accused me of being a bad sport or hopelessy middle class or completely out of touch with life, I'd still want to stay as I am."

- Beringer in Rhinoceros by Eugene Ionesco
 
Dr. Strangelove

A computer could be set and programmed to accept factors from youth, health, sexual fertility, intelligence, and a cross section of necessary skills. Of course it would be absolutely vital that our top government and military men be included to foster and impart the required principles of leadership and tradition.
 
The Dhammapada

Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.​
 
Khahlil Gibran

If I could take your troubles
I would toss them into the sea,
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me.
I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend that is always there.​
 
Henry David Thoreau

Let us settle ourselves, and work and wedge our feet
downward through the mud and slush of opinion,
and prejudice and tradition, and delusion, and appearance,
that alluvion which covers the globe
till we come to the hard bottom of rocks in place,
which we can call reality.​
 
Epictetus

First, say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.
 
"Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over every day, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and deeply affecting that the heart is nearly stilled by astonishment"
 
Zig Ziglar

A person who wants to maximize life will deliberately schedule motivational input just as surely as he will schedule putting food into his stomach.
 
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight,
and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest
of the world."

moonlight.jpg
 
Back
Top