It's Always Something.

Finished the new tale. Its not awful. I had no idea where I'd end up, but it came out OK. One thousand words. I may stretch it a little.
 
Thai White Guava: Ripe Theyre Softball Size
 

Attachments

  • 4152013f.jpg
    4152013f.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 7
Good looking garden, Jim.

My commercial water is pretty high in minerals but it's ground water pumped from a local well. They just switched me to a meter and my costs have gone down ~20%, still tastes like crap but the lawn loves the residual fertilizers.
Have you seen this? It offers an explanation of the Beltway mentality in a book review of

Barofsky was the IG for the TARP program and he wrote a book about his trip down the rabbit hole of Washington.
 
Good looking garden, Jim.

My commercial water is pretty high in minerals but it's ground water pumped from a local well. They just switched me to a meter and my costs have gone down ~20%, still tastes like crap but the lawn loves the residual fertilizers.
Have you seen this? It offers an explanation of the Beltway mentality in a book review of

Barofsky was the IG for the TARP program and he wrote a book about his trip down the rabbit hole of Washington.

My water is awful. The pH is so high it retards plant growth. I hafta let the water sit for a day, so the chemical evaporate.

Good article.
 
I have new LIT names for STELLA and PILOT: Edward and Jane Murdstone. I'm reading DAVID COPPERFIELD and bout fell outta my Lazy Boy when I saw the LIT dynamic duo in the book!

VP is now Uriah Heep.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yuh gotta wonder if Obama is buying gold this morning. Back in the 80s Reagan created a shadow agency to buy and sell whatever, to help out his friends who needed some EZ money. Uncle Sam has a BIG thumb when it comes to manipulating prices for shares and bonds and commodities and land and medical care and education and you-name-it.

But here's the danger: When pols get involved in the economy everyone soon eats oatmeal and prunes for every meal, everyone soon wears pink bell-bottoms and orange jelly-shoes, and everyone eats gray meat packed in lime green preservative. And the only day on the calendar is April 15th.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I invented a new insult I expect to use a lot around here: CHELSEA CLINTON GRADE whatever, fill in the blank.

A CHELSEA CLINTON is whatever has defied logic and the laws of baby Jesus to be what no one would ever imagine it could be. Like a reasonable person could expect Moochelle Obama to serve chitterlings to the Queen but who would ever imagine a simple Arkansas gal whose natural habitat is a single-wide trailer to own a 10 million dollar Park Avenue penthouse?
 
Do you stop to think about what words mean? And wonder why a thesaurus is necessary if words have specific meanings?

Take STRESS.

Stress isn't tension tho plenty believe it is. TENSION is energy level. STRESS is energy applied to something. Could be a kiss, could be a penis, could be a paddle on your ass.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
On the sauce again today, I see. And so lonely that you're talking to yourself on a porn board--again. :rolleyes:
 
Temps are supposed to return to normal today. Normal is around 80 degrees. Yesterdays high was 94. Temps above 90 destroy pollen. My green beans stopped making beans...period.

I pity poor investors. Gold went to hell, commodities are going to hell, oil is falling, no one's buying anything. Our Harvard Brainiacs are driving the bus and taking us to the poor house. If you haven't figgered it out yet, their goal is Compassionate Communism. Orange jelly shoes and prunes for all!

Before the Soviet Union collapsed a Brit MD named Anthony Daniels took a tour of all the socialist utopias, to see for himself how ordinary folks fared under compassionate communism. Daniels' parents were Brit communists.

In Cuba it doesn't matter where you dine cuz all the restaurants serve the same fare: Black beans, rice, and a slice of white bread smeared with mayonnaise. Tourists are allowed to buy a slice of tomato. If you need to see a doctor you go to the clinic, put your name on a waiting list, and check back every day or so. If you need to travel you hitchhike on government trucks. Venezuela manufactures all of Cuba's clothing, and all of it is shoddy. Cuba trades sugar for the clothes.

North Korea is interesting. Its capital is operated like Disney World, and virtually everyone is an actor. Daniels visited the state's best shopping mall. The mall is filled with all the Western goods most American malls sell. But you cant buy any of it in North Korea. Daniels filled a basket with several items: toothpaste, soap, tissues, candy, etc, took it to the cashier, and was sent on his way with one cheap ink pen. The cashier kept the rest of his order. Stuff in the stores is for display only. All the shoppers are actors. The hospital is staffed by actors playing doctors, nurses, and patients.

Albanian's traveled via tipcarts pulled by farm tractors, smoked one brand of cigarette, drank one brand of beer, and read books written by the leader (no other authors were allowed). Daniels went shopping. Food was packaged in jars with rusty lids, most of the jars leak, and the contents were uniformly gray in color. Most people wore gayly colored plastic shoes.

This is what Harvard wants for you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm back at writing. Gonna have some fun with the stories. In the next story two hot chickies give a fat lesbian cop some shit. The cop is pretty typical of lesbians. 5 foot tall, 250 pounds, crewcut, pilots shades, a few strand of fine black hair on her upper lip. A real lady boy.
 
Jim Earns Potato Merit Badge
 

Attachments

  • HPIM2819.jpg
    HPIM2819.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 4
I suppose I oughta feel honored that Ed Murdstone reads this thread but would I want it known in the newspaper? My mother would wanna know why I attract readers like Ed and his sister Jane (Stella).
 
My grandkids ignore my advice but I give it anyway. If they wanna thrive they need to do the following:

1. Acquire a profession or trade with sustained high demand: Medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, plumbing.

2. Buy a chunk of fertile land you can farm: Maybe 40 acres. 10 acres of woods, 10 acres of pasture, 10 acres of orchard, and 10 acres of crops.

3. Create a small business. Almost anything will work. I suggest a modest pizza/sub carry-out or a family tavern. Coffee shop.
 
The blueberry harvest is almost done. Last year I got enough blueberries for one jar of jam. This year I got 6 jars.

Next up are the red potatoes and Spanish onions. I'll prolly start digging up the potatoes in 2 weeks as the plants I sampled have plenty of tubers. The onions are swelling, and 2 more weeks oughta be enough time for maturity. Two more weeks for the tomatoes, too. The plants are loaded with fruit.

I learn from every garden I grow. This time I learned that potato peels work as well as seed potatoes for growing potatoes. I also learned that immature sweet potatoes work as well as slips for growing sweet potatoes. Both save money and time. The idea is to save money and eat better food.
 
So I'm back at writing. Gonna have some fun with the stories. In the next story two hot chickies give a fat lesbian cop some shit. The cop is pretty typical of lesbians. 5 foot tall, 250 pounds, crewcut, pilots shades, a few strand of fine black hair on her upper lip. A real lady boy.

I want to read that dialog.
I'm trying a romance and have the girl torn between a beefcake Architect and a Long Tall drink a'water Cowboy, with a pesky mother who comes to visit. The girls mother that is. I may get the old girl laid too. :D
 
I want to read that dialog.
I'm trying a romance and have the girl torn between a beefcake Architect and a Long Tall drink a'water Cowboy, with a pesky mother who comes to visit. The girls mother that is. I may get the old girl laid too. :D

I'm adding ornaments to my stories. In the new story a young rich bitch picks up a waitress at a diner, for sex, and theyre trading spit at a stop light when the car behind them toots its horn after the light changes and the girls are still at it. The lusty ladies reward the tooter with birds, and the tooter is a cop. The cop saw what she saw, likes what she sees in the Mercedes, and tries to invite herself to the party. But she looks like Junior Samples, and her offer is declined.
 
Its too bad I cant post my horror stories to LIT but most of them involve teens. There is no explicit sex but most of the stories involve teen criminals involved in sex crimes. The sex comes up in court scenes, or people sympathetic to the sex victims retaliate after a bleeding heart judge cuts the junior assholes loose. One story is about a 14 year old Florida hanged back in 1910 after he beat a girl with a bicycle chain and stabbed her 65 times. He was on probation from New York. New Yorkers were apoplectic about Florida's barbarity. HE WAS A CHILD! Now Florida is mostly New Yorkers, and we cut junior killers lotsa slack.
 
Finished reading the Nouriel Roubini economics book.

We're so fucked.

We're so fucked because we let a legion of Harvard Brainiacs build an economic system no sane person with common sense can fathom. Shareholders have no clue what management is doing, and management has no idea what its people are up to. And when the Board of Directors gets the word that its company is insolvent they run to Washington for a bailout. Washington gives them a sack of money and keeps a fat fee for itself.

This is how the new economy works!
 
Almost done reading THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST by David Halberstam.

Its another WE'RE SO FUCKED book featuring Harvard Brainiacs who infest Washington.

Here's how the Harvard guys do it: The cook up really off the wall shit that they sell to the President and Congress. Bizarre, parallel universe nonsense. Any halfwit who see's it for what it is, is ruined, and everyone else gets in line. When the shithouse catches fire and a shitstorm erupts, these kneepad boys are sacrificed.
 
1250 words in on the new story. Its a sexual-horror tale. Prolly run twice my usual span of words.
 
Almost done reading THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST by David Halberstam.

Its another WE'RE SO FUCKED book featuring Harvard Brainiacs who infest Washington.

Here's how the Harvard guys do it: The cook up really off the wall shit that they sell to the President and Congress. Bizarre, parallel universe nonsense. Any halfwit who see's it for what it is, is ruined, and everyone else gets in line. When the shithouse catches fire and a shitstorm erupts, these kneepad boys are sacrificed.

Best and Brightest came out twenty years ago. It's a real stretch to suggest we're in the same world that we were in then in who "infests" Washington.
 
Back
Top