Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifty next June. Are you folks going to attend your class reunions?

Nope. I went to the last one ten years ago. The half dozen people i was interested in seeing were either dead or missing. The rest were the same idiots as before, just older, grayer, and whiny.

A total waste of time and money.

.. sometimes it would be nice, really nice, if this inner trail of memories would go away.

Hello TheeGoatPig,

I'd like to talk to you about getting some of your stories published electronically then later in paper and making you some money.

This is NOT "vanity" publishing. You never pay us a penny for anything. We make all of our money off of the book sales and of course pay you a % of that.

I am writing to you because I like your writing style and think we could get it published but you should know that it will have to be edited so that there is no genetic incest or underage sex.

If you're interested and would like more info, you may send me an email in this address:

Thank you.

All the best,

I don't have any underage sex, and why would you want an incest story without the incest? I don't get this email at all...

The anaesthetic in my teeth is wearing off;
My visit to the Dentist was not a "Uh huh" visit.
I didn't quite leave my teeth-marks on his ceiling, but it was a close-run thing. . .

Love how semesters have been stretched by a week via the use of e-mail assignments. :rolleyes: Ah well, senior year.

Anesthetic: I just ran out of Vicodin.

Underage sex: I won't admit to it.

Class reunions: Irrelevant. I have no class with which to re-unite. I bounced around a lot and never graduated from a school with classmates I'd known for more than a few months, if that long. I missed most graduation ceremonies, too -- I invariably had a job or new school that kept me from the fun. I have no old school friends. (Well, I married one, but that didn't work too well.) To me, school graduations and reunions (and proms) are fictional events from an alternate universe.

When I was at school, we did not have 'Classes' in the same way. A pupil could be moved to one of several classes in that "year" grouping.

But my Air Force training had one "entry" and we had a 50th Anniversary Dinner a year or three ago.

I had my annual check up on my damaged back today.

Good News! I have slightly more movement than in 2013, and although there was reduced movement then compared with 2012, I have more flexibility than in 2012 too.

But the condition is progressive. Daily exercises and private physiotherapy are helping to slow the deterioration. I'm the only patient with my condition seen so far this year who actually has more movement than last year.

But the differences are measured in millimetres. Bending over to touch my toes means that I can touch my knees. :rolleyes:

Good News! I have slightly more movement than in 2013, and although there was reduced movement then compared with 2012, I have more flexibility than in 2012 too.

But the condition is progressive. Daily exercises and private physiotherapy are helping to slow the deterioration. I'm the only patient with my condition seen so far this year who actually has more movement than last year.

But the differences are measured in millimetres. Bending over to touch my toes means that I can touch my knees. :rolleyes:

That Far ?

That Far ?

Reaching my knees is an achievement. I can actually touch about an inch below them, half an inch further than last year.

I can still cut my own toenails but in a few years' time I won't be able to. Toenail cutting requires contorsions that are very difficult and painful.

Keep at it, Og. The "getting old" stuff stinks. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that every year requires more and more exercise and hard work to maintain the same conditioning.

This place needs you around.

If age is just a state of mind, then is mind just a stage of age?

We successfully reset our router and re-secured our network. It was mostly painless. Between this and the vacuuming, I can say *two* things were accomplished today. Later, laundry will bring it the total to three.

I found a copy of a British Thornton Slide Rule Manual on the 'net.
Just the job, I thought (I have one, but without instructions).
Printing it out in a readable form is proving someone time-consuming, though.

The layout is very compressed and thus confusing, to say nothing of the typeface.
Of about 20 pages, I've made it to somewhere round 6.
It's going to take a while, I fear.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back