How Many Reads Do You get?

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Posts
21,855
I checked up on the traffic at Lit.

It seems that Lit is ranked 830th on the Net and 441th in the USA, but 81st in the Adult category.

With a monthly estimated visits of over 25 million over the last few months.

With close to 300,000 stories it appears that Literotica is leading the world in free porn!

No other similar site comes close to the traffic on Lit.

Smashwords has only about 2.4 million visits a month.

Way to go Laurel and Manu! :):):):kiss:
 
Way to go to those providing the content--and, yes, to Laurel for processing so much of it to publication every day.
 
Congrats Laurel and Manu!

Almost two years since I posted my first story ever. Today:
65763 Views, 988 Votes, 43 Comments, 149 Favorites

Thank you for providing a place for wonderful stories to be told and helping new authors like me discover a new love for writing. :D
 
I have been startled by the response to my two 2013 Winter Holiday stories:

Christmas Truce Votes 647, Views 72680, PCs 33

Cleaner Christmas Votes 448, Views 29818, PCs 18

My most viewed story is Incest, of course:

Virgin's Sister Votes 558, Views 333770, PCs 20

I think Virgin's Sister scored highly because of the title. :rolleyes:
 
Highest two are:

Shelley's Not a She Transsexual 66,323 views 451 votes
Breaking in the Pledges Anal 66,192 views 246 votes
 
Yes incest is tops. Here is one from 2012 summer loving

The Summer I Became Mom's Lover Jason's dying father has a special last request for his son.
4.80 3971 374640 Incest/Taboo (English) 08/31/12 approved
Public Comments: 113

Here is my newest and my first in lesbian.

Her Best Friend's Daughter Karen helps her friend's daughter explore the softer sex.
4.72 328 24312 Lesbian Sex (English) 02/28/14 approved
Public Comments: 11
 
As of February, 66,843 votes, 8,385,738 views, 1977 comments, and 1891 favs across all three pen names.

Unimaginable when I first started writing, and even when I first started posting.
 
How can you tell how many have favorited your story?

Bottom of the story, it lists the number.

If you look hard enough ( view the source code of the last page of the story ) you can see the member name of every single one of them.
 
Bottom of the story, it lists the number.

If you look hard enough ( view the source code of the last page of the story ) you can see the member name of every single one of them.

You can also hover your mouse over the :heart: icon and it will show the names as well.
 
Bottom of the story, it lists the number.

If you look hard enough ( view the source code of the last page of the story ) you can see the member name of every single one of them.

Thanks! I haven't checked in awhile.
 
You can also hover your mouse over the :heart: icon and it will show the names as well.

That only works up to a certain point, depending upon browser. Once you have an especially large number of favorites, it cuts off the names at the end when you hover.

Hovering over the heart doesn't work for me, either. Only hovering over the "XX others" listing works.
 
Two different

stories of mine have highest votes or views.

What Will I Do? has most votes at 996


Helping Out Her Friend has most views with 100,668

Both are in LW
 
So far, I have only published in Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

My most-read piece, "Ghost in the Machine 1" has close to 20k views, 215 votes and 8 comments.

My newest, "Ghost... 16" clocks in at 1333 views, 47 votes and 0 comments. Seems high time to finidh the arc :)

Best voted: "Leo and the Dragon 4", with 4.85 (186 votes), lowest is Ghost 1, with 4.56. Can't complain, really...
 
It's interesting the extent to which the number of views vary. I have stories with as few as 9,500 views; others with more than 100,000.
 
My low view is Ch. 09 of a Sci-Fi&Fantasy from halfway through last year at 4213. The high is a Mom/Son Incest story from a couple of years ago at 356,182.

2nd highest view is another Mom/Son, followed by a Bro/Sis, and then a Mature Milf & Daughter's ex-boyfriend story from Earth Day 2010 coming in at 180k views.

The Mature story had the description line "Daughter dumps boyfriend, but Mom's into recycling"

Pretty sure it was the word "Mom" that boosted that one as high as it is.
 
I don't know about reads, but someone or someones have clicked the link to one of my stories 387,256 times. :cool:
 
My highest scoring stories are my least read stories, ditto comments; the least read get the best and most comments. Almost no one reads the 'E' rated tale. And stories I sold are read least of all. My loyal readers grew from 3000 a year ago, to 4500 lately. But plenty of my wares score tween 20K and 37K, over time.

Loyal readers prefer feral characters who aren't evil....fallen women and bad boys who aren't crazed serial killers. And creating a popular serial along those lines is my challenge.
 
Hard to know about reads - but based on views, my highest number is on a Fetish story, posted 7/18/12: Monica Meets a Cumslut with 134,372 views, 648 votes and 24 comments. My most commented story was a LW story, but it wasn't my highest viewed. I have several at 100K+ - if I hadn't taken down my Incest material, those totals would be much higher.

WTG Laurel and Manu!
 
When I started Blood of the Clans in Aug. last year, I knew I wouldn't get many views on it because of the brutality of the opening chapter. I was happy to see one or two hundred views on it and then more on subsequent chapters.

Now that the story has unfolded more, readers understand why the first chapter was written the way it was. I checked on the weekend and the first chapter has now gone over 10k views and 137 votes. That series alone had me faved as an author/story over 130 times.

My hat is off to Laurel and Manu for providing a great venue to post stories for free and have a chance to improve writing skills as well. Whatever glitches the site may have, they are minor to the exposure to the marketplace and make a name for yourself.
 
Back
Top