Long-term online roleplay (friendship included!)

goddess01

Experienced
Dear all,

I hope everyone is enjoying the festive period and has over-indulged way too much!

As we prepare to enter 2013, I find myself with something of a void in the "online" section of my life. This has lead me to once again put my name into the unpredictable hat we know as the Personals section...

Basics first: 25 year old, PhD. educated female from London, UK. I'm looking to roleplay via IM (Yahoo! or MSN messenger, for example) with someone who is also in the UK. The successful applicant should be articulate, intelligent and have a vivid imagination. If you're not sure that's you, chances are it's not.

Please can I just take a moment to reassure those of you who are turned off by my low post count. It is not a reflection of my ability, more of my chosen strategy for using the forums. In the past I have tended to contact people I think would be a good fit for myself via PM and thus not needed to create posts that often.

Now onto the more important stuff. Aside from roleplaying, where my interests are broad, (although centred on modern-day settings involving humans) I would also hope to meet someone who is interested in talking out of character and developing a friendship. After all, it always works better when two people understand each other, doesn't it?

I have a number of well thought-out (some of which I've tried in the past, with success) ideas and scenarios which I am happy to share with anyone who fits the description of what I'm looking for. Also happy to share samples of my writing if required. In return you'll get a committed, caring and experienced writing partner, willing to try to incorporate all of our fantasies and desires into an engaging and exciting story.

Thank you for reading. I suppose all that's left is to wish you all the best for the new year, and to say that I hope to hear from many of you soon!

Best wishes,

Lucia :rose:

Dear all,

I hope everyone is enjoying the festive period and has over-indulged way too much!

As we prepare to enter 2013, I find myself with something of a void in the "online" section of my life. This has lead me to once again put my name into the unpredictable hat we know as the Personals section...

Basics first: 25 year old, PhD. educated female from London, UK. I'm looking to roleplay via IM (Yahoo! or MSN messenger, for example) with someone who is also in the UK. The successful applicant should be articulate, intelligent and have a vivid imagination. If you're not sure that's you, chances are it's not.

Please can I just take a moment to reassure those of you who are turned off by my low post count. It is not a reflection of my ability, more of my chosen strategy for using the forums. In the past I have tended to contact people I think would be a good fit for myself via PM and thus not needed to create posts that often.

Now onto the more important stuff. Aside from roleplaying, where my interests are broad, (although centred on modern-day settings involving humans) I would also hope to meet someone who is interested in talking out of character and developing a friendship. After all, it always works better when two people understand each other, doesn't it?

I have a number of well thought-out (some of which I've tried in the past, with success) ideas and scenarios which I am happy to share with anyone who fits the description of what I'm looking for. Also happy to share samples of my writing if required. In return you'll get a committed, caring and experienced writing partner, willing to try to incorporate all of our fantasies and desires into an engaging and exciting story.

Thank you for reading. I suppose all that's left is to wish you all the best for the new year, and to say that I hope to hear from many of you soon!

Best wishes,

What a lovely well thought out and written post, unfortunately role play isn't my cup of tea, which is a shame as you sound rather perfect.

Good luck with your search but I'm sure you won't need it!

What a lovely well thought out and written post, unfortunately role play isn't my cup of tea, which is a shame as you sound rather perfect.

Good luck with your search but I'm sure you won't need it!

Ah, what a shame... you seem perfectly delightful too! Thanks for your kind words.

Some interesting replies from some interesting people thus far.

Plus a few Yanks who clearly can't read. UK only. Thanks.

Hi Lucia,

I'm Chris, 25 from the UK, Warwickshire.

I have a very vivid imagination and would love to show you.

I look forward to chatting with you.

I rule out conversation not because somebody is a "Yank", but because, unfortunately, in my experience the time difference proves to be too big an obstacle for a regular and rewarding relationship.

Many apologies to all those I am excluding, I'm sure you'll find someone better suited to yourselves in due course.

Dear all,

Basics first: 25 year old, PhD. educated female from London, UK. I'm looking to roleplay via IM (Yahoo! or MSN messenger, for example) with someone who is also in the UK.

It seems the question I want to ask is, why just the UK?
If a person is educated, articulate and imaginative, does it really matter?
Hmmmm

It seems the question I want to ask is, why just the UK?
If a person is educated, articulate and imaginative, does it really matter?
Hmmmm

Because unfortunately, in my experience, the time difference proves too great an obstacle.

Good luck in your search.

She doesn't believe in the nocturnal American guys. I know I tried. Never mind I have no real job to interfere and live at the corner of Knock Turn Alley and Insomnia Avenue.

Though to be fair we also don't click on the email vs chat issue. Long story play I hate to do in chat and for personal reasons I don't use yahoo as my chat platform. Another sticking point.

I chatted with this girl on yahoo for about half an hour....then got ignored...just saying.,..:rolleyes:

I chatted with this girl on yahoo for about half an hour....then got ignored...just saying.,..:rolleyes:

Those I can deal with, time wasters for sure, but its the three hour or two day in a row multi hour sessions that just end without explaination that get me. I got nothing to do but at that point you are not only wasting my time but you are aborting an unborn story I was happily planning a future for... whole worlds flushed because some lady gets weirded out and lacks the requisite spinal fortitude to say "Hey I am not into X do mind editing your last post."

Those I can deal with, time wasters for sure, but its the three hour or two day in a row multi hour sessions that just end without explaination that get me. I got nothing to do but at that point you are not only wasting my time but you are aborting an unborn story I was happily planning a future for... whole worlds flushed because some lady gets weirded out and lacks the requisite spinal fortitude to say "Hey I am not into X do mind editing your last post."

I quite agree, which is why I no longer do written role play. I'd rather invest the time and energy into writing an actual story. Speaking of which...

I quite agree, which is why I no longer do written role play. I'd rather invest the time and energy into writing an actual story. Speaking of which...

I write when I want to write; I role play when I want a more mutual experience. There is something about knowing my words just helped a lady go to sleep with a smile that makes the good ones worth the effort.

Back