So what did you eat tonight?

Baked chicken breasts with cranberries, scalloped potatoes, cauliflower with cheese, mixed green salad, dinner rolls; washed down with a full bodied Riesling.
 
salad and a half a grilled ham and cheese...

lettuce, kidney beans, egg, tomato, cucumber, shredded cheese, pepperoncinis, green pepper,purple onion, sesame seeds, croutons, broccoli and lite ranch dressing....
 
A big ol' salad
Homemade spinach "fettuccine" (OK, I need some practice with the pasta wheel) with a ragu
Popovers with blackberry preserves for dessert
 
Roast Chicken on a bed of winter vegetables, key lime pie, an 'old vine' Zinfandel '08 and a double of Woodford Reserve, neat.
 
Hubby cooked dinner but when I came back from errands...he had forgotten that I was not there to eat and he gobbled it all up with the exception of feeding our daughter...

so I had

Tuna fish on whole wheat with lettuce and tomato and red onion, Lay's potato chips and a Granny Smith apple.
 
Hubby fixed popovers and put together the soup I left directions for him to make, did pretty well, I just added a bit more on the seasonings, made a roux and all was set five minutes after I got home. Yay!
 
Grilled chicken that my husband put some sort of rub on
Baked, stuffed acorn squash
Sauteed bok choy
Popovers with apple butter for dessert
 
Frozen pizza.

But...while that was cooking, I made Peanut Butter Cornflake cookies.
Am I the last person on earth to hear about these?!?! Everyone needs to make them.
Then eat the entire batch. In one sitting. :D
Its also a relatively cheap recipe, not to mention it took a whole ten minutes, lol. :)

1 cup Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups cornflakes

Bring Karo syrup and sugar to a boil.
Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
Stir in cornflakes. (Move quick!)
Drop onto wax paper.
Eat them til you pop. :nana:
 
Frozen pizza.

But...while that was cooking, I made Peanut Butter Cornflake cookies.
Am I the last person on earth to hear about these?!?! Everyone needs to make them.
Then eat the entire batch. In one sitting. :D
Its also a relatively cheap recipe, not to mention it took a whole ten minutes, lol. :)

1 cup Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups cornflakes

Bring Karo syrup and sugar to a boil.
Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
Stir in cornflakes. (Move quick!)
Drop onto wax paper.
Eat them til you pop. :nana:

Whoa, good-bye blood sugar! But I'll bet they're great.
 
OMG, those PB cookies sound excellent. Maybe if you drizzled a little chocolate over them...

Anyway, I made chicken enchiladas with mole sauce, and the kids had the plain chicken. Sides of couscous and corn and even picked up some queso fresco. Yum.
 
Chinese take out: Pork Egg Foo Yung, Pork Fried Rice, spring rolls, steamed dumplings, hot and sour soup; washed down with Oolong tea. :D
 
Mini sweet peppers, stuffed with Philippine sweet sausage, mushrooms, green onions and a mixture of cheeses, dipped in tempura and deep-fried to a perfect golden brown. Delicious.
 
Making pork stew again, as PennBoy says he likes it. Also just made homemade cheese biscuits. Hope they turn out okay.
 
Bone-in chicken thighs in a saffron-basil-lemon tomato sauce, served over pearl couscous.

Cleaning out the fridge has never tasted so good. :)
 
A couple of chunks of cheddar cheese and four olives resting gently in my martini glass, but not for long.:D
 
Back
Top