"To keep the review thread clean..."

In other words - you follow a drummer...and I do not (musically speaking) :rolleyes:
It's an interesting distinction, and one of the reasons I think commenting can be challenging. Different strokes, drums.. and tense preferences.

I had never thought about what tense I prefer to write in, now I am going to start paying attention to that. I have a feeling that I neglect the future. Next year I will not!!!

Happy new year all.

Dear Desejo, I merely meant that we have different drummers in our heads--mine is sort of a cross between Tony Williams playing with Miles Davis and Billy Higgins playing with Ornette ;) Who's yours? :D

You have got me writing a poem about tenses now!:rose:

Happy New Year to you and to all here:)
 
Dear Desejo, I merely meant that we have different drummers in our heads--mine is sort of a cross between Tony Williams playing with Miles Davis and Billy Higgins playing with Ornette ;) Who's yours? :D

You have got me writing a poem about tenses now!:rose:

Happy New Year to you and to all here:)

My drummer sonds like this don't tense up friday
 
Ashesh9, thank you for your comment on Time. It strikes a nerve, as I have viewed time as a rather hostile and destructive aspect of existence for many years. I have to agree with the imagery of a devouring force the Bhagavad Gita portrays. It feels odd to say happy new year after such a statement about time, but hope is often at odds with perception, so happy new year to you as well.

wD
 
Thanks Tod & Oldbear for appreciatin' Cane in Spain
Thank you Harry for commenting & appreciatin' Delicious Possibility , also thank you UYS for kind compliments for Delicious Possibility !
Thank you Desejo for smilin' @ Cane in Spain : variant
 
My thanks to butters, Ashesh, MzFly, fridayam, and Anonymous for taking the time to comment on "Washing Dishes with the Dali Lama" and to butters for the recommendation.

A special thanks to Ash for noticing the typo in "Dal(a)i."
 
Thank you to Ashesh9 and Desejo for kind comments on "Present, Tense" x
 
Thank you to Oldbear63, Neonurotic, Angeline, Tristesse2 and Ashesh9 for your comments on Precious Stone ....... much appreciated :rose:
 
cheers, annie, re majestic piracy :) not sure you're right about that cat suit, though :D maybe in another 6 months, lols.
 
thanx to Ishtat & UYS for comments on "Martyrs arise again ..." & for Tod a great big hug for appreciation of my sentiments behind the words !!
 
Much thanks to butters, gm, todski, pelegrino and ishtat for comments on my poem, moonstruck. It is about rehab. Xanax addiction even though prescribed is a bitch to get over. Like they saying goes, sometimes what cures you can kill you, not that I think Xani cures, it numbs.
 
thanks, greenmountaineer re majestic piracy :)

i think what's going on are the cat suit and sounds that maybe usher more the image of a lara croft type to mind - and hell, angelina jolie's pretty sexy, let's face it :) the reality would look stunningly different, but this is a poemy thing, not real reality so i can get away with it :D
 
Much thanks to butters, gm, todski, pelegrino and ishtat for comments on my poem, moonstruck. It is about rehab. Xanax addiction even though prescribed is a bitch to get over. Like they saying goes, sometimes what cures you can kill you, not that I think Xani cures, it numbs.

What I like about this crisp poem, Neo, is that it can have many voices. I spent a career working in prisons and can easily imagine the same thoughts running through an inmate's mind. Then, of course, there are the psychiatric seiings Todski alluded to as well as therapeutic communities where at least some of the patients are there involuntarily.
 
Thanks to ishtat, butters, and Ashesh for their comments in NPR about "Freud on the Stoning of Stephen" and to pellegrino and fridayam for their comments. Ash: you make a good point, but illustrated poetry has never been my cup of tea.

A belated thanks to todski for commenting on the nonsensical paradelle, "What the Hell Was That?"
 
Thanks to Tazz , Tod & Butters for kind comments on Percep'shun & to GM & Tazz for kind comments on Ironical
 
Maria2394, bless you for the kind comment on "Morse Code" :) I hope to hear from you and read some new work of yours soon x
 
Btw, I noticed a comment by Tazz had been "removed by administration". Much as I hated his drivel, why remove him and not the foul comments from Anon that litter this site on poems and especially stories?
 
Oldbear , sorry for delay , i just read your comment on Realizin' Truth , thank you for commentin' !
 
Shock !

Thanks to Tazz , Tod & Butters for kind comments on Percep'shun & to GM & Tazz for kind comments on Ironical

As per Fridaym's comments above : i too find Tazz's harmless & innocent comments bein' removed even after Poets have publicly thanked him for comments !?!
 
Back
Top