The Gold, Silver, And Bronze Thread

Kcar

Fractals ftw
Post anything in neutral colors here (browns, tans, and greys... and anything with even a hint of one of the precious metals mentioned in the thread title are also encouraged. ^_^

Heavy Metal art, as well as lyrics - are also invited. ;)

Fractals are a favorite of mine, as some of you already know. :D

Mahogany_Spiral-1.jpg

Last edited:
VermilionSkye said:

I hope you don't mind Skye - I saved it! :eek:

That's incredibly beautiful... I'm always looking for new fractals. Can you tell me where you found this one? o_O

Last edited:
Kcar said:
I hope you don't mind Skye - I saved it! :eek:

That's incredibly beautiful... I'm alwas looking for new fractals. Can you tell me where you found this one? o_O
;) I just googled the words bronze fractal

spiralized.jpg

Gustav Klimt

klimt.jpg

Some wonderful art preceding my contribution . I had the pleasure a few years back of doing the guilding work on a commissioned reproduction of this exact piece 'The Kiss' that had been painted by another artist . It has been a favorite of mine since High School.

@}-}rebecca---- said:
klimt.jpg

Some wonderful art preceding my contribution . I had the pleasure a few years back of doing the guilding work on a commissioned reproduction of this exact piece 'The Kiss' that had been painted by another artist . It has been a favorite of mine since High School.

He's just so freakin cool...have you studied modern art history, rebecca?

Oh MAN! I just found your note at the bottom of the pic! o_O

VermilionSkye said:

The classic Mandlebrot set... the building block for the representational art of my favorite science (Chaos Theory). :D Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!

*does the happy dance*

Kcar said:
He's just so freakin cool...have you studied modern art history, rebecca?
I have 'experienced it ' , no formal modern art history studies however outside of High School . I have played in most art mediums to the point of proficiency ( except water colors ). Sculpture remains my favorite medium , I also have experimented with fired glazes and exhibited a few pieces more formally. Recently (last few years ) nada , the huge primed canvas I am currently leaning against is a testimony to that........laughs. I need a muse and much less drama . Thank you for asking.

@}-}rebecca---- said:
I have 'experienced it ' , no formal modern art history studies however outside of High School . I have played in most art mediums to the point of proficiency ( except water colors ). Sculpture remains my favorite medium , I also have experimented with fired glazes and exhibited a few pieces more formally. Recently (last few years ) nada , the huge primed canvas I am currently leaning against is a testimony to that........laughs. I need a muse and much less drama . Thank you for asking.

Can you pm me some of your art? Or do you have any posted in the Artist's Corner?

Modern art history is my fave period. I'm an artist too. ^_^ I work in gouache, graphite/ ink washes, and pen and ink.

I've worked with watercolors, but not in the traditional method.

Kcar said:
Can you pm me some of your art? Or do you have any posted in the Artist's Corner?

Modern art history is my fave period. I'm an artist too. ^_^ I work in gouache, graphite/ ink washes, and pen and ink.

I've worked with watercolors, but not in the traditional method.

Yes of course I will pm you some pictures of my Art . No nothing have I posted in Lit previously . I didn't know the work above is yours . It is superb . Has a mystical yet organic feel to it (ohh that sounded pretentious.....laughs).

Back