The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Earth Day Contest Support Thread

As the snow comes to slam us here on the East Coast, let us turn our attention to (hopefully) warmer times, where we might see grass instead of snow, and we can go outdoors without risking frostbite. Yes, it is time to get ready and start writing stories for Literotica's Earth Day Contest.

The particulars:
Earth Day (April 22)
themes: nature appreciation, outdoors, etc.
starts: March 28
closes: April 13
winners announced: April 20

I'm starting the thread a bit early, but I think we can all use thoughts of warm weather at this point. Well, most of us anyway.

Good luck everyone!

just to prevent the fake guy from taking top page spot ;)
 
As the snow comes to slam us here on the East Coast, let us turn our attention to (hopefully) warmer times, where we might see grass instead of snow, and we can go outdoors without risking frostbite.

Just for you, I'm making my Earth Day submission take place at the polar cap. Maybe Nude Day too. :D

Although, frostbite on the unmentionables is definitely no laughing matter. :eek:
 
Just for you, I'm making my Earth Day submission take place at the polar cap. Maybe Nude Day too. :D

Although, frostbite on the unmentionables is definitely no laughing matter. :eek:

Getting them stuck together is. Kind of like the tongue on the flagpole deal. :D
 
[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2014 Sexy April Contest


As many of you know A.I.R. only accepts one entry per author into its themed contests (except for MANU Award winners and Top 10 MOST FAVORITED). And so we ask all LITEROTICA authors to do a little soul searching before they submit to us. We only want your best work - A.I.R. wants QUALITY not QUANTITY!

Are you capable of penning a story that will meet the criteria of bothe the Earth Day one and the A.I.R. one?


tumblr_mgj08rr3bt1qd2dcwo1_500.gif

Choices, choices, choices …Do I submit A or B or C or...
 
Since AIR is Fake and It's contests are Fake, why can't scouries be Fake. Oh wait, he is!

Ignore is your best friend in his case.
 
It only occurred to me this morning to write an ED entry. Yeah, I'm a bit slow. I took a look at some previous ED winners. Hmmm, tough competition. But I'm not here for the brownie points. I shall roll on. I have ideas.

The protagonist, place and time were pretty easy. I have a nice cast of characters from which to draw, and some real history, and a few over-the-top story incidents. All I need is a plot. With drama. Fucking is fairly easy. Drama is hard. Are you?

This support thread is handy. No North Pole settings. No dryads. (Aren't too many on the Mohave Desert anyway. Well, maybe dry dryads.) No scouries, of course. No celebratory mass orgies -- although that was one bunny that hopped toward me enticingly. (Can I get an entire USMC armor battalion involved in an ED fuck-o-rama?)

And just to make it fun, it'll be LW. Yeah, I'm emotionally masochistic. Might not get many votes, but the views count should be off the chart. And I'll have a new collection of fucktard comments.
 
Mine simply starts off with a couple involved in an Earth day clean up of a park. The story is not overly theme driven, but its enough and I'm not concerned.

There are stories that just because the characters live in the woods/trees its considered Earth day so why kill myself?
 
That is the figure for preserving it for future use.

In open air I suspect the figure would be close to, probably slightly above, 0 degrees C.

I don't know whether it frightens me more that I'm being taken serious or that there were actually some knowledgeable, thought out responses to that question. Or the fact that getting stuck like that might actually be possible. :eek:

(LC? How am I supposed to slack on the research and have fun and "not get the melon in an uproar" when they keep proving to me my jokes are in fact possible? :D)

Actually, truth be told, I've been working on a ... mmm... well, I don't know what category it will go in as yet. But, she's with Greenpeace and he's working on his BS in Chemical Engineering.

And, yes, PennLady, there is NO snow.
 
Despite 12+ hour work days, I'm up to a couple thousand words on mine. Hoping things will work out this weekend to dramatically increase that.
 
Want some? I have plenty extra.

I meant in the story, but yes actually. I've been moderately jealous of the reports of snow and rain as we come up on what will probably be our fourth year of water rationing.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. It's greener where it's watered the most. And snow IS frozen water... :D

But, hey, what do you expect when people go messing with tropical rain forests and changing up climatology. (Did you catch that ED joke? ;) )
 
I have one that I started for last year's contest and never finished. With any luck, I'll finish it off this year. (In the meantime, a story for Nude Day has practically written itself this week. At least I'll have plenty of time to edit and revise that one.)
 
Want some? I have plenty extra.

Yesterday was 40's and rainy. Today is close to fifty and rainy. The snow is melting, but now everything is foggy as hell.

I live at the edge of the woods and it looks like something out of a bad horror movie.
 
We should load it all in coal boxcars and ship it to California. They would love to have it there.

You know, I wish we could do that. Except our snow is pretty dirty by this time.

I meant in the story, but yes actually. I've been moderately jealous of the reports of snow and rain as we come up on what will probably be our fourth year of water rationing.

Glad someone's jealous. We're just tired of it and I still haven't figured out the adjustments to the school year.


Yesterday was 40's and rainy. Today is close to fifty and rainy. The snow is melting, but now everything is foggy as hell.

I live at the edge of the woods and it looks like something out of a bad horror movie.

We had rain and fog today and some stuff melted. I should check the basement again...
 
9k and probably will go another 5k.

Why the fuck is everything a goddamn opus with me:confused:
 
Cause your trying to tell a story not a scene, and for you a story takes more than 13,000 words.

I was just discussing the story vs scene thing with someone.

I like writing a story, but at some point I'd like to just cut loose with a UPS guy drops off a package and get all but raped by the horny housewife. You know without describing her life story and why she's horny and what led her to this and....
 
I was just discussing the story vs scene thing with someone.

I like writing a story, but at some point I'd like to just cut loose with a UPS guy drops off a package and get all but raped by the horny housewife. You know without describing her life story and why she's horny and what led her to this and....

Not that LC needs any writing advice (and especially not from me) - however:

Not a problem for me . . . most of the time. I spent too many years with a 3000 word limit on my erotic writing. I think it takes a few shortcuts to keep length down and I'm not inferring writing a micro-short. I try revealing the characters THROUGH the build-up and sex.

Actually, I guess my plots are all the same: something life changing is going to happen to the main character and the life event that creates change happens to be an intense sexual experience.
 
Not that LC needs any writing advice (and especially not from me) - however:

Not a problem for me . . . most of the time. I spent too many years with a 3000 word limit on my erotic writing. I think it takes a few shortcuts to keep length down and I'm not inferring writing a micro-short. I try revealing the characters THROUGH the build-up and sex.

Actually, I guess my plots are all the same: something life changing is going to happen to the main character and the life event that creates change happens to be an intense sexual experience.

That's pretty much what I need to learn to do. Never mind three I would be happy with 5k

Granted a lot of my work is incest which IMO needs the story and build up because I don;t write stroke incest.

But for other things I need to stop fleshing everything out and learn to get quick and dirty.
 
Does the Favorite Author's list record every time you appear on someone's list? (ie someone either favorites your story, or you as an author)

Or does it only record when someone lists you as a favorite author?
 
Back
Top