Holiday Guardians (OOC)

I'm starting to wonder if I should have went all out as well because it does create a lore behind the character's creation and explains the full magnitude of the main guardian's power. It seems like it would be good for character foundation/development. :)
 
I'm starting to wonder if I should have went all out as well because it does create a lore behind the character's creation and explains the full magnitude of the main guardian's power. It seems like it would be good for character foundation/development. :)

I was just following Tears' template when I wrote Yuandan, but there's nothing set in stone says we can't go back and edit our profiles to include more backstory!
 
santa_claus_by_rossowinch-d8a9h48.jpg


Ded Moroz
"Grandfather Frost"


********

Weiss.Schnee.full.1605257.jpg

Snegurochka
(nicknamed "Snowy," to her chagrin)

Powers / Abilities

A ferocious fencer with her sword Moroz Klyk, or Frostfang, Snegurochka can cut as deep as any icy wind.

Like Belle Claus, Snegurochka also naturally possesses a limited cryokinetic ability that allows her to manipulate cold and ice and snow, as well as a limited aerokinetic ability that allows her to manipulate and displace air.

When Snegurochka is armed with Frostfang, these abilities are enhanced and weaponized, making her markedly more dangerous. With a wave of her sword she can send hails of icicles at her enemies, or she can use the wind to make her run faster and jump higher.

Pendant

Snegurochka is traditionally vulnerable to heat and warmth, and could melt and evaporate if exposed to open flame, only able to recohere into a sentient, corporeal being once the next winter comes. Now that she's been given a mystical pendant by the dark forces that have recruited her, she is insulated considerably against this weakness-- though not made utterly impervious.

Yule Cat

While Snegurochka is a Russian myth, she has been paired with The Jólaköttur, a titanic, man-eating feline of Icelandic folklore as her animal companion.

tumblr_nlwnt1ylQG1u8cvvto1_500.png


Weapon(s)

Snegurochka's primary weapon and power source is Frostfang, described above.

Bio

Snegurochka is the daughter of Ded Moroz and Spring the Beauty, and is composed of living snow and ice with a snowflake for her heart. Since her birth in The 19th Century, she has longed to seek companionship and love amongst mortal humans, but is unable to spend time in their warmth without the cryokinetic protection of her father. Thus, she has been relegated to simply helping him usher in New Year Celebrations, and has been unable to find the affection she craves.

Every time she has tried, she has melted and evaporated, only to be restored by the coming of the following winter.

One of her few touchstones of humanity during her life has been Belle Claus, daughter of Ded Moroz' brother Santa Claus, and even they only saw each other rarely, playing together in the snows of Santa's North Pole... though Snegurochka was ever unable to enter the bright warmth of Santa's Workshop.

After nearly two centuries of resenting feeling unloved, Snegurochka discovered to her startlement that her mother and father had vanished with the rest of the world's primary Holiday Guardians. Shortly thereafter, she was approached by a disguised agent of darkness who pointed out to her that humans were mistreating the world and throwing off the balance of the seasons-- with enough global climate change, there might soon no longer be a winter to restore her to life the next time she melts.

Horrified that humanity's shortsighted consumerism might cost her her very life and coldhearted from being unable to feel the love of another's warm touch, Snegurochka was ripe for recruitment. This dark agent gave her Frostfang to enhance her abilities and fighting skills, and gave her a mystic pendant on a necklace to protect her from being so very vulnerable to the heat. Joining up with The Jólaköttur, who had been questing the countryside to try and find Gryla and The Yule Lads, also missing, Snegurochka now seeks to keep the heirs of the Guardians on their back foot, disrupt their attempts to restore and maintain the status quo.

Only by forcing the humans to change their ways, to stop them going about their holidays as usual, Snegurochka reasons, can she manage to ensure her survival-- whatever it takes.​
 
Last edited:
Just did the basic template for this profile, too.

I may go back and fill more in when I'm not half-asleep.
 
I added more about Master Veteran to Joe's profile along with the plot Hitler has planned. :)
 
Heh, yeah, but you might not want to make her mad.

I kind of saw it as a childhood nickname that Belle might have given Snegurochka when they were little cousins together, but that would annoy "Frosty" now that she's trying to be cold and bad-ass.
 
Oh!

Oh, we're actually adding a Frosty the Snowman, I thought you were talking about a thing I put in Snegurochka's profile. Should I drop her "Frosty" nickname then to save on confusion?
 
Updated Snegurochka, Tears. Let me know if you need me to add, subtract, or amend anything.
 
Also I've added pictures of Yuandan's current Zodiac companion, The Goat, and the next one, The Monkey.
 
Cool, that makes things easier for Yuandan, because I don't think anyone actually conceives of her as a separate entity-- she represents the day, but I don't know if anyone knows that.

Are we invisible unless people believe in us, though, like in "Rise of The Guardians?"
 
I wasn't thinking so. I gave Belle the Holiday Cheer dust to kind of explain how someone like her father can go unseen by so many people.
 
Haha, cool.

I was thinking about that scene you were talking about with Yuandan versus The Nian, and Belle showing up to help--

--would poor Chinese people be running from some invisible monster tearing shit up, boxes and bricks flying everywhere as people panic--

--like something from Pete's Dragon, or the bit in the first Ghostbusters where the hellhound is chasing Louis to change him into Vinz Clortho.
 
I was watching an Anime that can explain why people don't know or see that the gods are there. Okay pardon the now long winded explanation.

When you watch a movie you just see the pictures or the film but you know it is made up of many single pictures. However between those pictures is a space. That is where the gods live and work, in between the seconds so the world is still there but no one notices them unless they want them too.
 
Back
Top