Wife, Dog owner, Poet, Fair cook
Sister of Iris and Jill
Lover of Ron, curry and getting her own way
Who feels loved, unsure and blessed
Who fears spiders, injustice and losing Ron
Who would like to see The Northern Lights, Greece and less fat
Resident of Bedfordshire, England
Lincoln

My 30/30 today is a form from the linked site. The Diminished Hexaverse is an easy form. It was great fun to write. :)

Reminds me of a Gunfight I was involved in, we had to write a ballad (in an hour) that included made up words! I won by a landslide :D
We need more gunfights it's been too long!

Well, don't count on me for anything involving made up words in English... I'd need about four hours for a four line stanza.

I don't understand this ....... you've made up loads of words in your Vogon

Yes, but at what cost? :D I'd take part in such a "gunfight" anyway, of course, but in all honesty, it was far more difficult for me to make up words than to write the sestina.

I wanted to try something with meter now, but it seems like either I can't tell what the stressed / unstressed syllables are, or the examples on the page don't exactly follow the metre they're supposed to be using. E.g., the following poem is a Quintella, and as such it is supposed to follow a iambic tetrameter (notation by me; * - unstressed, / - stressed):

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]
[B]*    /    *   *      /      *     *     /[/B]
a | flic|ker|ing | flame, | on | the | wall
[B] *      /      *   /    *   /  *     /[/B]
the | sound | of | a, | co|yo|tes | call
[B] *     /   *      /        /   *    *     /[/B]
the | des|ert | winds, | sing|ing | at | night
[B]  /     *      /    *      /    *     /     *[/B]
sand|storms | dan|cing, | in | the | moon|light
[B] *  /   *      /   *     /    *   /[/B]
em|bra|cing | lov|ers, | to | be|fall[/COLOR]

Is my notation correct?

Tried a Tyburn. It's here. It's not really a Tyburn because the initial four lines must be descriptors, and mine aren't. But then, a lot of the examples on poetrysoup weren't, either... :)

Yes, but at what cost? :D I'd take part in such a "gunfight" anyway, of course, but in all honesty, it was far more difficult for me to make up words than to write the sestina.

I wanted to try something with meter now, but it seems like either I can't tell what the stressed / unstressed syllables are, or the examples on the page don't exactly follow the metre they're supposed to be using. E.g., the following poem is a Quintella, and as such it is supposed to follow a iambic tetrameter (notation by me; * - unstressed, / - stressed):

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]
[B]*    /    *   *      /      *     *     /[/B]
a | flic|ker|ing | flame, | on | the | wall
[B] *      /      *   /    *   /  *     /[/B]
the | sound | of | a, | co|yo|tes | call
[B] *     /   *      /        /   *    *     /[/B]
the | des|ert | winds, | sing|ing | at | night
[B]  /     *      /    *      /    *     /     *[/B]
sand|storms | dan|cing, | in | the | moon|light
[B] *  /   *      /   *     /    *   /[/B]
em|bra|cing | lov|ers, | to | be|fall[/COLOR]