What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hitting all the strange food bases - dinner tonight was cold oxtail soup and raw pasta, followed by a small Dairy Milk bar hit repeatedly with a steak tenderiser then sprinkled over strawberry ice-cream and accompanied by Archer's and orange Fanta (they go together much better than I expected, hence why it's here).
 
options
paths to choose
decisions to be made
throwing chance to the wind
faith
 
motivator5978245.jpg
 
I have been stressing out about our upcoming safety audit. This store is as old as dirt and coporate is not going to put the money into it that needs to be, it's better just to rebuild. I thought for sure that they were setting me up to fail, but I've worked hard on trying to gain as many points as possible.

So today was the audit, and as she's going thru she's telling me which places I need to fix, and most I knew already, they're things that I can't get the money to do. When we get finished she tells me that she can see a huge difference and can tell I worked really hard. She even noticed a few things that I did extra, ideas that my supervisor wants me to present at the patch meeting this month. When she totalled it up, it added to 89 points, 90 is passing, so we looked for something that I could fix right away to get the points. We found something and I ended up with a 91! :cathappy: The last score this store had was a 79, so that's a 12 point improvement. I'm very pleased with this, but my store manager is looking to see what we can do to get an even better score.

We also got our mystery shop for the month on sunday. It was my breakfast shift and we scored a 91 on it, which is really good.

So my supervisor is pleased with me for the moment. Gonna enjoy that while it lasts.
 
Looking through some of my old PMs and posts from the "pissed off" thread while trying to clear out the inbox, some people here are so nice. I mean really, really quite sweet. When I had that unpleasant "episode", the response was just crazy. Every so often, I feel like a lot of waht I say gets ignored or at least skimmed over, but that at least made me smile. Good times.
 
Well, we (sorta) share a name, and we already know we have much the same sort of dry humor at times. That post just tickled me, as many of yours do.

Oh, yes, we do have (more or less) the same name and the same sense of humor. Your posts tend to tickle me, too. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top