Senior Moments

Spenser41

Nice Guy
A place for the 40s, 50s,60s,70s and up. I just want a room of mature respectful adults here.

I am an old Lit person and to be honest so many on here are in their 20s and 30s and I feel like the dirty old dude in the room. Like talking to people closer to my age.

So let the senior moments begin. Talk about anything, evey thing, sexual or not. I know some of are also facing tough times and fun times in our lives. So just hang and talk about anything...

I am looking to taking an early retirement in Feb of 2017 and doing some traveling but also doing something fun and starting my own internet radio station.... Doing some things for me....

Last edited:
I retired 10 years ago. I wish I hadn't, but that's how things work sometimes. I could have returned to work at the same salary, but winter was upon us and I decided I didn't hate the cold, ice and snow..........as long as I didn't have get out in it.

Now I enjoy days and weeks of doing absolutely nothing. Today I went and voted and I plan to clean off the chair in my bedroom. That's it. Tomorrow I'll have my groceries and meds delivered. Maybe.

I retired 10 years ago. I wish I hadn't, but that's how things work sometimes. I could have returned to work at the same salary, but winter was upon us and I decided I didn't hate the cold, ice and snow..........as long as I didn't have get out in it.

Now I enjoy days and weeks of doing absolutely nothing. Today I went and voted and I plan to clean off the chair in my bedroom. That's it. Tomorrow I'll have my groceries and meds delivered. Maybe.

Well I struggle with the idea of not working since I have worked since I was 14 but I really do not care for the job. My career work is not available where I live so... I have been doing something else... it is ok but not what I want to do. And if I just do retirement I am only making $100 bucks less then I am now which I can still do work on the side... so... yea I am going to do it.

Well I struggle with the idea of not working since I have worked since I was 14 but I really do not care for the job. My career work is not available where I live so... I have been doing something else... it is ok but not what I want to do. And if I just do retirement I am only making $100 bucks less then I am now which I can still do work on the side... so... yea I am going to do it.

When I went to work that morning, I didn't plan for that to be my last day. I was one of the 8th grade team leaders. The instructional coordinator called and asked for a list of kids who went on a field trip. I told her that I wasn't aware of the field trip. She said, "well you're the team leader, you should know." I told her that since she was the IC she should have gotten the list, and hung up the phone. There was a substitute teacher in social studies because the teacher was mad that the principal didn't suspend a kid in her homeroom. After related arts, a group was at their lockers and it wasn't locker time. They explained what had happened and I told them to hurry up. The principal sees them at their lockers and starts fussing. I go into the hall and tell her that I knew they were there. The math teacher joins the principal yelling at the kids. Now this was the worst group on my team, but this time they were quiet! I got my purse and went to the nurse's office because I could feel my BP going up. They called my sister and I spent the next 5 days in the hospital.

When I went to work that morning, I didn't plan for that to be my last day. I was one of the 8th grade team leaders. The instructional coordinator called and asked for a list of kids who went on a field trip. I told her that I wasn't aware of the field trip. She said, "well you're the team leader, you should know." I told her that since she was the IC she should have gotten the list, and hung up the phone. There was a substitute teacher in social studies because the teacher was mad that the principal didn't suspend a kid in her homeroom. After related arts, a group was at their lockers and it wasn't locker time. They explained what had happened and I told them to hurry up. The principal sees them at their lockers and starts fussing. I go into the hall and tell her that I knew they were there. The math teacher joins the principal yelling at the kids. Now this was the worst group on my team, but this time they were quiet! I got my purse and went to the nurse's office because I could feel my BP going up. They called my sister and I spent the next 5 days in the hospital.

Yea I do not blame you ... I would have left too.

Hi Spenser, have a tip for you once you do retire. DON"T WORK!!!!:D I talked to a few people, accts. retirees and such and got the best advice possible. Think of everything you would like to do after retiring and make a business out of it. In that sense, everything you enjoy doing becomes a tax write off, The business doesn't have to make much money and neither do you, but what you spend enjoying yourself, like travelling, eating, etc. all go on the business account and you get a large amount of it back in returns.

I'm semi-retired and hate work with a passion. I'm moving to cottage country to run a cottage industry business. I have several things I like doing that when combined, make a business of sorts that allows me to declare all my trips, rentals, expenses etc.

Use some imagination and you'll find something that fits the bill and your retirement becomes one big tax write off. ;)

Hi Spenser, have a tip for you once you do retire. DON"T WORK!!!!:D I talked to a few people, accts. retirees and such and got the best advice possible. Think of everything you would like to do after retiring and make a business out of it. In that sense, everything you enjoy doing becomes a tax write off, The business doesn't have to make much money and neither do you, but what you spend enjoying yourself, like travelling, eating, etc. all go on the business account and you get a large amount of it back in returns.

I'm semi-retired and hate work with a passion. I'm moving to cottage country to run a cottage industry business. I have several things I like doing that when combined, make a business of sorts that allows me to declare all my trips, rentals, expenses etc.

Use some imagination and you'll find something that fits the bill and your retirement becomes one big tax write off. ;)

Well I am.... I am starting an internet radio station (worked in radio for over 30 years) and I love working on computers... so that will be taking up most of my time.

That same principal asked me if I would like to sub there! I enjoy not having to "go to work", but I miss the kids.

I can understand that. When you have a calling, you miss it when you are not doing it. Teaching kids can be very rewarding. Thank you for all you did... I know many teachers today are not getting the respect they deserve.

I am not going to miss driving in the snow and trying to make it up the hill. Last two years it has been so bad I had to hike up the hill to get to the house. Thought I was going to die and they would find my frozen body in the spring.... I am from the south and this southern boy, although I love LOOKING at the snow, do not LIKE being out there in it.

Early retirements either a blessing or a curse, it all depends on your personal mindset.

Good thread idea. In a senior slump fighting depression. Thankful I'm still working though because the routine helps. Ive dealt with depression off and on for years, mostly more off than on, thankfully. I would take meds for it, but I dont like the side effects. I think once the election is over things will settle down. I'm moving back to a paper planner from digital to get more organized. I never could adjust to a digital calendar system, and the paper one was really a good tool when dealing with depression and ADD. :)

:rose:

Internet Radio Station...

...tell me more! I have an unfulfilled desire to be on the radio. Maybe I can be on yours! 😇🎹❤️

Good thread idea. In a senior slump fighting depression. Thankful I'm still working though because the routine helps. Ive dealt with depression off and on for years, mostly more off than on, thankfully. I would take meds for it, but I dont like the side effects. I think once the election is over things will settle down. I'm moving back to a paper planner from digital to get more organized. I never could adjust to a digital calendar system, and the paper one was really a good tool when dealing with depression and ADD. :)

:rose:

I tried to get back into the paper calender but I do so much with my iPhone and iPad that it was just easier to do all my stuff that way... plus it has alarms to remind me to do things... something my paper never did.

Happy New Year

I hope you all are doing well. I hope that 2017 will be a better year for all of us. I also pray that we all find that special thing or someone that makes us happy and fulfilled.

I was talking to another older Lister and she told me Lit has become a place of just younger and ruder and nasty PMs. That is sad. I remember that yes it was a sexual site it also was a place where you made friends, talked daily and had a connection.
I miss those days. I always try to be kind, helpful and respectful, just as I would want to be treated. I was hoping that many of the old Listers would hang out here or others who feel the same way would hang here. Many of us in real life are dealing with real life issues such as divorce, sickness, jobs, marriages and just plain crap. It's nice to be able to have some friendly people to be there for you.

Some would say dude this is a sex site get real. I am. It used to be that way here. Maybe it can be again.

Anyway Happy New Year and bless you all.

By the way, the retirement thing is on hold for a bit. Still working on the radio adventure but like anything there have been some hold ups. So looking at more like early spring.

I hope you all are doing well. I hope that 2017 will be a better year for all of us. I also pray that we all find that special thing or someone that makes us happy and fulfilled.

I was talking to another older Lister and she told me Lit has become a place of just younger and ruder and nasty PMs. That is sad. I remember that yes it was a sexual site it also was a place where you made friends, talked daily and had a connection.
I miss those days. I always try to be kind, helpful and respectful, just as I would want to be treated. I was hoping that many of the old Listers would hang out here or others who feel the same way would hang here. Many of us in real life are dealing with real life issues such as divorce, sickness, jobs, marriages and just plain crap. It's nice to be able to have some friendly people to be there for you.

Some would say dude this is a sex site get real. I am. It used to be that way here. Maybe it can be again.

You are a sweetheart! Nice to see you around :)

I think that I am waaaaayyyy too young (I have to keep up the illusion that I am just a baby around here :) ) for this thread though. Okay, I MAY be closer to one of those numbers you have at the beginning that I want to admit.

Always nice to see kindness in here.

Hope life treats you well in the new year! :kiss::kiss:

I noticed that too. Before I took my long break, the 'intellectual' threads were popular. You know, the A,B,C threads, 10 letter words and geography stuff. That's how I built my post count so quickly. One could make 100 posts in an hour because there were 5 or 6 people playing.

What I dislike the most are the people who don't follow the guidelines of the thread. If it says A-B-C then stick to alphabetical order. If you want to flirt and can't make it fit, send a PM.

Sometimes the sex gets to be a bit much, but then I remember that Lit is about sex. I don't complain.

Back