Important question?

SuperWriter

Experienced
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Posts
63
I submitted a one chapter story and it got a lot of criticism for it having no sexual content,so i want to release all three chapters in one story (1-3). Will they scrap the first lone chapter?
 
I submitted a one chapter story and it got a lot of criticism for it having no sexual content,so i want to release all three chapters in one story (1-3). Will they scrap the first lone chapter?

You would have to submit it as an edit.

The way to do that is submit your new combined story with the same title as the existing one and the word edit after it. It also helps to put a message in the notes box saying what you're doing.

It may take a few days as edits are put behind new stories in the file, but the original will stay live in the meantime.

Also when the edited version is up its not considered a new story.
 
Putting all three chapters up as an edit won't do you much good if it doesn't appear as a new story.

You might be better off just living with the criticism and posting your 2nd and 3rd chapters separately. The criticism will probably stop once there's sex in the series.
 
Try deleting the first chapter and then submitting the long thing.

You can delete by submitting the story title with (delete) right next to it, and leaving a note.
 
Strange though it may seem, there does not HAVE to be sexual content in a story.
There are a number of good stories with little or no bits of erotica.
I think your decision may depend upon how many words there are in each part, but I suggest you think about an 'edit' and add a note [prologue?] to say that the sex occurs later.
 
I published chapters with little or no sex before and have not encountered the same level of criticism. I do normally put a comment at the start of the story to indicate that there is not so much sexual content.
 
Keep in mind that new chapters bring new readers to the series and potentially more criticism in other areas. Still, those new readers will most likely go back and read the story from the beginning. I don’t know too many people that read a book by opening it in the middle to start reading🌹I can’t, and won’t. I want the whole story.👠👠👠Kant💋
 
I submitted a one chapter story and it got a lot of criticism for it having no sexual content,so i want to release all three chapters in one story (1-3). Will they scrap the first lone chapter?

Please don't shout. It hurts my eyes.

In Lit, you can give each chapter a different story tag, so "non-sexual" might be a good tag for that chapter. In the description of the story or at the beginning of chapter one, note that the sex will come later.
 
Back
Top