Need a writer friend

zotique

Literotica Guru
I have an idea for a novel, but I'm short a plot right now.

I have a good setting in mind, and a vague idea for a protagonist (a guy on the run), but not much else.

I really wish I had a writer friend to toss ideas back and forth with. But at the same time I'm superstitious about "talking out" a book before it is written.

I have an idea for a novel, but I'm short a plot right now.

I have a good setting in mind, and a vague idea for a protagonist (a guy on the run), but not much else.

I really wish I had a writer friend to toss ideas back and forth with. But at the same time I'm superstitious about "talking out" a book before it is written.

Join a writing group or workshop locally. That's what I did and I now have a couple of writing buddies to throw ideas around with over Saturday morning coffee when we can get our schedules to coincide. Or we skype and yap. I kind of go more for general plot and story ideas coz I don;t tell anyone I write erotica.

Join a writing group or workshop locally. That's what I did and I now have a couple of writing buddies to throw ideas around with over Saturday morning coffee when we can get our schedules to coincide. Or we skype and yap. I kind of go more for general plot and story ideas coz I don;t tell anyone I write erotica.

A good number of years ago, I tried that. About a dozen little old ladies made up the group. I was nice and used some of my non-erotic stuff at the meeting I attended. I printed the copy out straight from Lit so it had the 'by TxRad" under the title.

I guess one of the ladies noticed and googled TxRad. A gay guy in Cleveland and me came up with all my stories listed. I was quickly asked to leave. Funny thing is, I'm not welcome to the meetings but I correspond with about half the members even to this day. :D

A good number of years ago, I tried that. About a dozen little old ladies made up the group. I was nice and used some of my non-erotic stuff at the meeting I attended. I printed the copy out straight from Lit so it had the 'by TxRad" under the title.

I guess one of the ladies noticed and googled TxRad. A gay guy in Cleveland and me came up with all my stories listed. I was quickly asked to leave. Funny thing is, I'm not welcome to the meetings but I correspond with about half the members even to this day. :D

My group's a mix and surprisingly tolerant altho I do expurgate the blatant sex scenes and a lot of my work there now is non-LIT stories that I'm working on. I don't find it as useful as I did when I started there about two and a half years ago but I've made a few friends which is a nice spinoff. The age range was a mix from about 20 (very serious college student who wanted write literary novels - was I ever like that? eeekkk I think I was - or at least, literary erotica...) up to a lovely old lady in her 90's who didn't blink at anything, and there were a couple of other wannabe's there who wrote far more explicit stuff than me. Quite fascinating.

Wot, not told your dad yet?

Check to see if your state has a local author's association, if they do join it and attend the meetings. They're a bit dull at times, but you get to meet with a lot of authors. I joined ARIA two years ago and made a lot of good contacts and signed up for a lot of book expos through them.

One thing you'll notice when around a large group of authors...we really are an odd bunch.:eek:

I tried that a number of years ago too. I wasn't writing erotica then. It felt like attending aunt Mable's garden party. I was the only male and one of two under 70. The other youngster was a neighbor I already knew. I don't think it would be fair to say I was treated like an outsider, but I felt like one.

Back