New Poetry Recommendations

TODAY, SUN'S DAY (CUE JAMES EARL JONES VOICE, SLIGHTLY DISTORTED), I, RECOMMENDOR™, REVEL IN EVISCERATING POETS!

darkseid-headshot.jpg


There are eight pathetic, whiny, HUMAN new poems sliming my consciousness today. My gorge rises, or would, had I gorge to rise.

Pfui!

Let us examine today's filth:
  • ending by the_vamp is a BDSM "poem" that ought to be rubbed out by "nipples hard like pink erasers."

    Though Recommendor™ prays for poet's wish that "the colar is removed."
    .
  • An Ode to American Cars by seannelson has some small, fleeting moments where it might be a poem:
    we'd drive throughout the Rogue Valley
    he selling frozen steaks door-to-door
    my reading Kerouac and wondering what for​
    but it's mostly uninteresting drivel.
    .
  • hotmale_k's Listen! He said... also has one brief moment when it appears there is some kind of liguistic intelligence behind the poem: "Dive deep delved in the eyes and rise" has a kind of Hopkinesque silliness about it that charms. But it doesn't carry through the poem and my heart "weaps" for it, whatever that means.

    Not that, of course, I have a heart.
    .
  • I will not eviscerate He by Immortal_soul as the text has no guts to "e".
    .
  • Cal Y. Pygia is a prolific poet. This may, or may not, be a good thing. Cal can be good. Recommendor™ has recorded this. Cal's current collection, Swallowing the Damned & Other Poems, smells the stale scent of Sade, left rotting in a corner too long.
    .
  • Of 8 Stages Of Play. (period indicated by the author, StarLet21), Recommendor™ feels need to quote only a single line: This fuck amazing, I have too shout.

    Recommendor™ has too "shout" to say anything else about this poem.
    .
  • Blushingsub3262's River - Senryu leaves one wondering about the internal body temperature of the narrator's lover. One would have thought that cold (or cool) = dead.

    Creepy.

    But, other than that incongruity, a poem that has some merit.
    .
  • Finally. bflagsst, Jah's Witness (from our watchtower).

    One word review: dull. Three word review? Dull and pretentious.

    There is some talent here (the first line is interesting), but it's wasted in the following lines which end up being indulgent and young. (In Recommendor™'s opinion, of course. This robot has no knowledge of said humanoid's age.)

    The author disguises meaning with cleverness, to the detriment of at least this robotic reader.

    Advice: grow up, write more plainly. Listen to Hendrix instead.
MY POETANALYTIC CIRCUITS SEEM FILLED WITH GLORP, DIANA. I ALWAYS LOVED YOU.
 
Last edited:
Sunday Poetry Revmendation

In New Poems today, as the dude up above said, there are 8 poems. seannelson has some clear, compelling images in An Ode to American Cars, such as this one:

we'd drive throughout the Rogue Valley
he selling frozen steaks door-to-door
my reading Kerouac and wondering what for,

though I would love to see it stripped of rhyme and pared down a little. Might be worth a visit to the body shop. :)

Cal Y. Pygia offers Swallowing the Damned & Other Poems as a Raunch Bouquet. If you prefer to avoid graphic anus images, this may not be the read for you, but it certainly is vivid writing.

Bflagsst's Jah's Witness has a lot of repetition which made me reread to see if it was some form poem or something but it wasn't that I could tell. Might be an idea for a redraft though: Triolet?

That's everything I would read twice. But maybe I'm a goof so see for yourself. There are only 8, after all. Have a splendid week, you all.
 
Monday, March 16, 2009

There are 19 new poems today.

Tailgunner by hmmnmm is an interesting mix of hmmnmm's playful style with a serious subject. I enjoy hmmnmm's poems, because even if I do not find all the word choices or turn of phrases agreeable, I almost always find them delightfully interesting.

Tristesse2 gives us 3 poems today. On Hearing a Nightingale is an enjoyable glosa despite a couple errors. I haven't attempted this form yet. The trigger is slightly mangled, but it strikes me as an excellent example of the form. Adromache Comforts Hector is a nicely done erotic poem about the legendary couple. Springtime on The Ark is a clever, light-hearted tale of events on Noah's Ark. All three poems contain a few grammar errors, but they are all well worth the read.

This is all I have time to review right now. I will try to return with more.
 
If today's Wednesday, then I missed the Tuesday reviews. I would have thought that Recommendor might have stepped into the breach as there is much to castigate in yesterday's offerings. I think that Survivor is starting to take it's toll. The rhymes are getting forced and the forms are closing in on the poetry. What the challenge needs is a break from the Island at a spa where the sunburned poets are waited on hand and foot (and in between if that's what it takes) for a few days while the muse is allowed to recharge. Just saying.

::

All is not lost though. Read A Lesser Samaritan by greenmountaineer. After all the attention from UP for his poem Passive Voice I might be loathe to swell his head, but good poetry needs a read. Go Read Now.

::

War Poems(for this century) by bflagsst is a collection of vignettes with a narcissistic take on war. It's about as far from John McCrae as you can go without leaving the planet.

::

I liked What's Behind the Wall by lillygurl678 because it is tight and concrete.

::

I hold Tristesse2 to a higher standard and you should read The School Picture if only to see a nice tidy villanelle. If you have ever had the pleasure of photographing children for profit then it will resonate.

::

Darkmaas is exiting stage left.




::
 
I want to mention one from Monday by Victoria Lucas, one of the best Lit poets that nobody knows about. -- One Lugubrious Plum

You should also read 1201's The human torch. He's usually as clever as it gets, and this poem is no exception.

Also seconding the recommendation by Darkmaas of greenmountaineer's poem, A Lesser Samaritan. He linked it above.


.
 
Thursday

Not many new poems so give them all a read, especially:

Rose Thorn Butterfly by Cal Y. Pygia
A Quiet, Uneventful Life by bflagsst
The Night Wears a Sombrero by Tristesse2
 
I want to mention one from Monday by Victoria Lucas, one of the best Lit poets that nobody knows about. -- One Lugubrious Plum

You should also read 1201's The human torch. He's usually as clever as it gets, and this poem is no exception.

Also seconding the recommendation by Darkmaas of greenmountaineer's poem, A Lesser Samaritan. He linked it above.


.

I second that Victoria Lucas poem

Good call, Pat
 
Out of Order Wednesday

Drat! I forgot to cover Anna on Wednesday. I will do a make-up review though. Wednesday's poems included only a couple I'd say were of note. Annaswirls had the weakness of forced symmetry which is sharp as a cut green apple, in spite of a comma splice.

I'm not sure this is poetry, but you can dance to it. HopelessinNY's Endless Love engaged me with its narrative, though the pronouns became a bit overwhelming near the end.

There are a lot of graphic erotic poems too that some folks may dig.
 
I want to recommend yesterday's "In Prayer" by Epmd607, which is a quirky little sonnet-like poem:
A little make-up makes your pout
a little prayer for your devout,
as only I have heard you swear;​
The poem has a wonderful oddness to it that gives it a lot of charm. The rhyme pattern, for example, which I get as aab bbb cdd dcd bb, which breaks up the sing-song quality of much metrical rhymed verse (though, paradoxically, as you'd think it would emphasize it). The use of repetition―of rhyme words (dear, swear), phrases ("a little (something)", "and that's enough (something)")―would also usually irritate me as a reader, but here it's fun, like chanting, almost, as if the poem itself was a ritualized prayer.

I like the way the lines can be read in different ways (well, I read them as kind of double entendre, anyway) and how the simple meter and plain language give it a kind of Blakean feel.

There are some things that puzzle me, though. Sometimes it seems a little too obscure for me (it is not, though, difficult to sail meaning over my head, so that may just be me) and that the entire poem is in straightforward iambic tetrameter except for L3, which is pentameter. I assume that's intentional (to break up a too-steady rhythm, perhaps?), but it only makes me stumble a bit.

I know. A form poem. And many of you don't like form poems.

Give this one a try, though. It's interesting.
 
OK, I'm going to recommend a poem that I doubt most of you (frankly, any of you) will like: "Slave Girl" by Taunus.

It's a bad poem in my opinion, but I think it's bad in an interesting way, if that makes any sense. I am not recommending that you like it, just that you read it, as neutrally as you can.

Some of my colleagues, whose opinion I respect, would disagree with this recommendation (bflagsst, Epmd607, and Tess all panned the poem in comments that can be found here).

So why should you read it? Well, for one thing, it's kind of funny. Well, to me, anyway. I can't read a couplet like:
The slaver left her hymen hole intact
But mouth and anus felt a vile attack​
without thinking that Alexander Pope's bones are shifting uncomfortably about in his grave.

Or the line "Pricks pound pudenda using girls obtuse"! I mean, so awful as to be brilliant. Look at that alliteration, that assonance! (Pricks pound pudenda using girls obtuse.)

Tessie put it well when she lamented that the author "obviously spent a lot of time on this overly long poem." There is care here. For the most part (maybe one or two exceptions) the poem is composed in heroic couplets. Composed with considerable care and effort. Listed as erotic, written on what clearly is an explicitly erotic subject, but it (at least for me) is explicitly unerotic.

Perhaps you'll think differently, and get all fired up by this thing. Perhaps you'll wonder why I'm suggesting you read this. Carefully.

Same diff, I think. If you do find this erotic, why do you? If you don't, why not?

Happy Spring, all.
 
Saturday (and being a verbose ninny again)

I wrestled with a window today. Before I moved in my landlord had someone come to paint the bathroom, and when I say "paint" in reference to the window I really mean "paint around the dirt." So that was fun. I attempted to make the dirt go buh-bye and it wound up making me rather cranky, actually, so I was glad to escape to the poems...

Where it was Smile Day. Not many, and not all good. But the ones I liked made me smile.

I was first tipped off when I read from one writer I enjoy, vrosej10. This poem gave me the kind of smile that begins at the center of the lips before traveling outwards to the corners of the mouth and turning them up up up until, dear god in heaven, you are smiling like you're guarding state secrets about which world leader called another a big fat sissy head.

Beachy Dreams was a haiku, and to date Rose is the only person who can submit a haiku and leave me convinced that what I just read wasn't actually a haiku at all. Those three lines were honestly just exactly everything she needed to say. And I think that's grand. Because Keats once said we're not fond of poetry which "has palpable designs on us" and you know, I think the guy was right. I once lamented in a PM to a writer friend about gimmicks in poetry.
"Do they ALWAYS need a gimmick?" I asked her.
"Yes." Was the firm reply.
I was not happy. I am not good at gimmicks. I can think of them, imagine how they would play out in word form, but am (as yet) completely unsuccessful in getting one to work for me.
I've never made any bones about being a free verse whore. I just am not sent into orbit by form poems or even rhyme, if I can be (again) the kind of bitch who will admit it out loud. But I have to agree with Keats about the palpable design. There's nothing wrong with form poems. Nothing wrong with poems of any kind, not even those dirty Irish pub poems, I just don't really want to know I'm being had. You know? Seduce me so I'm not aware of it. Please?

It's partly for this reason that I wasn't bowled over by Ars Poetica: Sestina by longtime Lit girl KillerMuffin. I was aware of it. And felt heavy-laden once again with the burden of over-vocabularizing, if I can make up yet another word.

Still, I list it because it has a [rather large] brain and is not a bad poem. Worth a read. Her other offering for today, I-70, Near Mile Marker 138 is not nearly so cerebral, and has lovely moments. One of them being:

Tell me, the wind says,
what is the wisdom in tomorrow? Born
in the moment, I am always is.


It's these ungraspable images that KM seems to do better with. The visualizing produced some problems, at least for me, though the feel of the poem was certainly there.

The second in the smile series was Stop-Frame Moment, a first submission by new member PrisonTeacher. I'm sure the poem would have tickled me as much as it did before I saw his username, but the username certainly added some punch to the effect. I enjoyed this poem, and am going to give it my silly blue B of the day. A full smile's worth.
At first I didn't understand the spacing, but since I'm also the kind of wench who likes personal space I found it rather comfy after a few reads. Then you really get the proper drenching, clenching, fantastic effect I think PT was going for.

And here is where the camera film

Jams and burns an after-image:

Spray reflective silver-ovates,

Globules, milkshot, spat ejecta,

Scattered gushes of my pleasure!

And O! I love it reader -- know it!


This stanza made me freakin' giddy, it was so good (even with two exclamation points! And I generally hate exclamation points!). Particularly the bolded bit. Just made me happy, and I can tell I'm going to be rolling the words "spat ejecta" around in my head for the next week. :D
Pay close attention to the first stanza as well. I like little glimpses into the mind of a person about things like that. HOW they see things.

My third smile-a-riffic poem was Garden Idyll by our very own Annie. It's not particularly moving or deep, but that's okay because it isn't really meant to be, I think. As is the experience, it is a sweet idyll of a poem. A rolled and captured moment with framed words and a warm-fuzzy feeling. :)

So that be it for me. I'm gonna just, you know, go away now.
Thanks for reading, if you made it this far. And to the writers: thank you for sharing. :rose:

P.S.- I agree with Tzara about the Slave Girl poem. Brilliantly guiltily intriguing. I could never begrudge that kind of workmanship. There IS something very awesomely "I'm a period piece, but not really a period piece, and yet totally a period piece [by a dirty bird]" about it.
 
Last edited:
Sunday poetry Recommendations

There are 9 New Poems today.

Tristesse2 blesses us with a trio of good reads. Triolet is a good example of the form, with a nature theme. Obdurate Oasis is a lovely Spenserian Sonnet about her backyard. It invokes strong imagery and flows well throughout. It's so quiet now, is a cento which makes effective use of the lines available. Unfortunately like many of that form it struggles a bit due to lack of available variation.

I loved the title of seannelson's Psychotic Brakes but I found I lost interest half way through. It's rather descriptive but seems to be longer than necessary and loses a bit from the size.

A couple other poems are worth a quick read. Fear of Shadows by Safe_Bet is a short emotive poem that is more or less described effectively by the title. Finally, if you're in the mood for a little erotic frivolity, check out Free by missPetite. Overall there are only 9 poems so give them all a read.
 
Monday, March 23, 2009

Ah, yes. Another hectic Monday has arrived. Thank God, I only have one more Monday with this crazy schedule. I do want to take a minute to make a few recommendations. After all, there are only 9 new poems today. Well, technically 8 new poems and one chunk of prose.

History by vampiredust is a well-crafted poem that made me smile. I love the visual sense of vampiredust's poems. Take a minute to read this one, then take five more minutes to read it again and savor it like a fine wine. (Yes, cliche, I know.. get over it.)

Pushkine gives us a skilled cento called Reverse Masquerade and Empty Space, a free verse poem. Of the poems, Empty Space is my favorite. It's vivid, thought-provoking, and wildly creative. Well done.

Made For Him by cherryontop1978 is not markedly unique, but still well worth the read in my opinion. I like the association of creation with the romantic connection of two people.

Jazz Is by LasciviousSanity has some creative description, but would benefit from some reworking of the lines.


So, there you have it. Relax and enjoy some poetry.
 
It's Tuesday and there's only five new poems - hardly warrants exposing oneself to the toxic shag carpet here at the Poetry Central Control Headquarters.

::

Our favourite mixologist, anna(swizzle)swirls gives us a rhymin' recipe and history of that famously needless addition to the cocktail pantheon, the Black Russian. She does all this with a form called the Onegin Stanza which seems to poor ol' d'maas as mindlessly complex (in contrast to the drink which is simply mindless). Nicely done.

::

Darkmaas owns many hats (and occasionally wears one) but the sombrero is not one of them. The cute little pom-poms that festoon the brim work against any dark inclinations the wearer might aspire to. It was with trepidation that I read The Night Wears a Sombrero by UnderYourSpell. Fear not. There's a lovely excess of imagery piled up to keep the jaunty sombrero looking, if not dangerous, at least respectably dark.

::

See you all in seven ... I'm off to rinse the cloying taste of sugared caffeine out of my mind with a liberal dose of black java maybe chased with something more naked and interesting than vodka.



::
 
Wednesday Reviews

Wednesday. How did I wind up reviewing on a day I cannot spell?

New Poems


Of the two by bogusbrig (bogusagain)I prefer Generation Gap - over Lead Shirt -
Submitted by bogusagain (Non-Erotic Poetry) 03/25/09

A Generation Gap my recommendation of the day, shows how a poem can be sexier when actions are described in the context of a story, where something besides sex is going on, and especially if there is self-reflection or some evidence of cognition going on to draw you into the characters (or make you see yourself inside the lines.)

This part really worked for me:
you seem happy in the concoction of your imagination
it is too deep within you to penetrate, maybe I'm too old to dig
too cheap with my energy to see it worthwhile, too much
of another place where I've already been

Made me a little sad, but it is all good, it is about progression. Not being able to "go back home again." Try to play the games of your childhood, some of the magic is gone. You can only crawl up the steps for the first time once, that feeling of wonder as we turn around to see what we have done, once. Is it impossible to stop ourselves from trying to relive the amazement?


Craft -
Submitted by SweetOblivion (Erotic Poetry) 03/25/09
I liked this one. Clever sexy stuff about distraction:
Your message is quite clear: I should aband-
on all the verse, in which your beauty starred,

If you have an extra minute or two, check out this one from 2006 and leave if a comment if you are so inclined.

Wind Chime Woman
by SweetOblivion©



The Black Russian -
Submitted by pushkine (Non-Erotic Poetry) 03/25/09

okay, if you have not already figured it out, this poet is scary smart and just as talented. He has been an inspiration through the Survivor challenge and consistently puts out intelligent and well formed poetry, even if he tells you it is all crap. If you like this Black Russian, he has half a dozen more here


Title of the Day:
Thunderstorm. Can't go for smokes. -
Submitted by The Mutt (Non-Erotic Poetry) 03/25/09


My Masquerades for Many -
Submitted by EroticOrogeny (Erotic Poetry) 03/25/09

Pretty good cento (you might know how difficult these are to write)

This poem reads like a series of short messages- here is one verse:

Dear Fred
You Bring Out the Tramp in Me
Dressed to Kill For Your Viewing Pleasure
Unwrap Me

I think it would read less like a series of titles if the capitalization were changed

Dear Fred,
You bring out the tramp in me,
dressed to kill for your viewing pleasure,
unwrap me



The Rainbow Warriors -
Submitted by Tristesse2 (Non-Erotic Poetry) 03/25/09

Tess takes on the lesbian counter attack survivor trigger with a prop 8 Rondeau. Parts of this made me cringe, but hell, good on ya for taking on this challenge and stretching your poetic muscle!

This is the second poem today that could be improved by using capital letters only where they are grammatically necessary as to improve the flow from one line to the next:

The lesbian counterattacks
Came suddenly with punches thrown

would be

The lesbian counterattacks
came suddenly with punches thrown


torture of a tease -
Submitted by kinx721 (Erotic Poetry) 03/25/09

So many today with distracting capitalization. Is there something in the water or is it just me??

You
Take your
Time to slide
Out and back in
But with such
Force that
My
Cervix
Is crushed with
The collision.

If you are looking for sex tips, read this poem, if you are looking to read a crafted poem, skip to the next one. Maybe it is something to do with experiencing natural childbirth to a 10 pound boy, but crushing cervices just does not do it for me.


Okay that does it until next week. Let's think about how we capitalize our lines, does it help or hinder the flow of the poem?

Remember these are just my wee recommendations (more of a review actually) go read em yourself and come to your own conclusions :)
 
Last edited:
Thursday

14 new poems this morning. I have a tendency to scan through the list and see if I recognize any names. I admit that I enjoy seeing the familiar names of good poets. This morning I see a few, so it should be a good poetry day, and an even better day if I find a new poet to enjoy.



Well, as soon as I write about finding a new literotica poet, I discover PrisonTeacher and his Dragonfly Lady. This poem had me slow down while reading it. I wasn't sure at first what to think of it but I knew I like it. Very different and good. I'd love to hear some other reviews on this poem. (hint hint)

Also by PrisonTeacher is Favorite Sound, which reminds me of another poet, or two. Good stuff.

-------------------

chickle, posting for the first time since 2006, has two new poems: Steam and Tea under the Cherry Tree. Tea needs a little more work, but this poet definitely has potential. Give both of them a read, especially Steam.

-----------------------

A Piece of Pie by Curiouswife is worth a mention for the blackberry pie lines.
I eat blackberry pie
hours after he held my head
down in his lap


---------------------------

Target Parking Section B by annaswirls
I like it. I really do. But it almost doesn't sound like anna, if that makes any sense, which I rarely make any sense.
Maybe it's because it is "Blank Verse (trochaic dimeter)" and she couldn't be quite as free as usual?

But I like it.

---------------------

Two poems that are quite different from each other and both good in their own way:
Bird and Diamond by pushkine
The Fitful Dream of Yazdegerd by greenmountaineer
 
Is anyone covering Fridays, or are y'all stuck with me today?

I know. Rhetorical question. At least gets me away from lecturing on ballistics on that Survivor thread, anyway. (Did you know, Margo, that ballistics is kinda like Malthusian economics in that you contrast an arithmetic function (fixed velocity) with a geometric one (gravitational acceleration) and, surprise, surprise, acceleration wins?)

Sorry. Economics on my mind.

So, getting back on track, listen up.

Tristesse2's poem Who? Me? is rhymed (ababcdcd...) and written in tetrameter. This is probably enough to put some people off, especially some guy in Jersey with too much time on his hands. :)

But I think this poem illustrates both the good and bad things about form to a contemporary reader.

For me, the poem reads quite smoothly (others may and, I expect would, disagree). I find the combination of rhyme and meter pleasing to the ear, to a degree that overrides the places where the poet is perhaps forcing words a bit to fit the form (this is helped immensely by the occasional variation from the strict rhyme pattern).

On the bad side, there are some clunky bits. For me,
One man has seen the inner me,
the side, for now, I choose to hide
he nurtures it when it’s set free
and joins me, his eyes open wide.​
is one, as it seems key to the poem's message, but seems a little manufactured to me. But to me, 'haps not to you.

The last line is short a beat. Kind of odd, but I think I like that.

Anyway, interesting poem. Go read it and comment.

First Taste by Safe_Bet is an interesting poem. Kind of almost there, but not quite, in my opinion. There's a kind of formality about it that I really like.

The first strophe
My Lilith plucked me
from amongst the others
Like Eve plucked the apple
from amongst the cherry blossoms​
I really like, even (probably) the "amongst"s, which are a little bit of a stretch.

It's a very simple strophe, but has one strong image: picking an apple surrounded by cherry blossoms (not a realistic image, I know, but very visual and, hey, Eden was Magicland, wasn't it?).

I'm not sure the rest of the poem measures up it, but isn't bad. "Forbidden fruit" is probably a little cliché, and I'd personally ditch that last line, but a pretty good poem, overall, I think.

Again, I suggest you read, think, and comment.

Middleagepoet's The Black Russian is a rondeau that cleverly covers both a trigger (the title) and a form (rondeau) for the Survivor Poetry Contest. There are some slight irregularities of meter but, all in all, an interesting and intelligent solution to the trigger/form morass that is Survivor.

It's about dogs, too. If you love dogs, go give this poem some love.

Ain't Been Broke Yet by bad_magick is notable for really odd formatting.

I think that formatting is an artifact of how the poem was uploaded, but judge for yourself.

If you've a sweet, uh, tooth, lustybard offers some Candy Kisses.

It appears that pushkine has a poem.

EroticOrogeny's April Shower Fool seems to be in rubaiyat form. I am not especially fond of this form, which probably colors my response. But, hey, give it a look and comment.

I'm sorry to say that PrisonTeacher's Back Love lost me almost immediately. Probably just not my thing. It could be yours, though. Give it a read and say.

Sadean's mysteriously titled 4VM seems as fragile as its first line: "Would that our lives were paper-flimsy"

Interesting, but I'm not sure it's been developed enough to be a poem.

Kind of the same thing I would say of Spending Syllables by honeybites. For me, reading this is almost like seeing something just below the surface of the poem as written. Again, interesting, but for me, at least, not quite there. Worth watching (and, of course, commenting on).

Hit It is ramonathompson's "dark rewrite" of a song I know nothing about, so I will merely point you at it and pass.

Now. My favorites of the day, which I will simply mention without much comment. Go form your own opinions of one of Lit's more interesting poets, Curiouswife. (I know. That was comment.) She posted two today: Clowning Around and Sliding.

She's doing what we all should be doing―writing about life.

I think, anyway. Perhaps she's just making all this up. Seems real to me, though, and speaks to me, though she is, um, that other sex and is speaking to the other side of that problem that relationships are, or aren't. What's wonderful is that she merely reports feelings, without judgment.

Anyway, well well worth your read and comment. Because I say so. ;)

Hey, it's Friday. Go have a drink.
 
Last edited:
Sunday New Poems Reviews

There are 16 new poems today. I am not going to give a detailed review because I am just way exhausted. :) But I will recommend some I enjoyed.

I liked greenmountaineer's "Jilted" though I am not certain that the last line works for me. Still it is a vivid slice.

Annaswirls' curtal sonnet "Cutting Teeth" is worth two reads. Enjoy the sink of its bite. (I know. I'm awful.)

Seannelson's "A Phetchaburi Island of the Mind" is quite interesting. I really loved this:
". . . At this point,
I composed a Rolling Stone article entitled:
"Scattered Recollections: still rebellious,
why I like Eminem and Marilyn Manson,
and miss poverty""

That is it for me, but I am sleepy. Maybe you'll see something I didn't. Anyway you slice it, have a wonderful week.
 
Monday, March 30, 2009

There are 9 new poems today. I didn't think I would ever see s single-digit quantity of new poems ever again. Unfortunately, as happy as I was not to be overwhelmed by the quantity of the poems, I was disappointed by the quality.

Buddha Baby by PrisonTeacher makes me think I have been watching way too many mystery diagnosis-type shows. When one breast was described as orange and the other black, I kept asking myself from what medical condition this poor vixon suffers. PrisonTeacher is a relatively new poet. Please don't be put off by my distractibility. I just wrote a paper for school, so my attention span has been reduced to that of a housefly. I found PrisonTeacher's other submission for today, Wallet of my Memory, to be more interesting. I would change some of the capitalization and punctuation, but otherwise, it is an emotional window into the poet's psyche.

Since there are only nine poems, many of them short, you might actually have the time to read them all today. You may find something you like even though I was not thrilled. Remember, I'm only one person and my comments are just a matter of my personal taste.
 
Tuesday

Alas, I can't stick around, but I have not forgotten ... mind like a steel trap ... maybe needing a squirt of lube ... nope I won't go there ... but maybe later ... when I return ... be naked ... and patient ... panting quietly for a tender pinch of poesy ...


::
 
Alas, I can't stick around, but I have not forgotten ... mind like a steel trap ... maybe needing a squirt of lube ... nope I won't go there ... but maybe later ... when I return ... be naked ... and patient ... panting quietly for a tender pinch of poesy ...


::


*Gets nekkid*
 
Back
Top