Memento - or, backwards stories

i_would

Really Really Experienced
Just finished watching the movie Memento. It's good.

What I like about it is how the story is told backwards. Doesn't happen too often, sounds like a challenge to do right when writing a story like that. Watching the movie like that is just weird. The second storyline - running forward - that's interspersed in the main storyline makes it even more complex.

So I was wondering, anyone can recommend any stories/books either on this site or elsewhere that is doing the same? Would love to read more like that. And maybe try my hand on writing one :)

Just finished watching the movie Memento. It's good.

What I like about it is how the story is told backwards. Doesn't happen too often, sounds like a challenge to do right when writing a story like that. Watching the movie like that is just weird. The second storyline - running forward - that's interspersed in the main storyline makes it even more complex.

So I was wondering, anyone can recommend any stories/books either on this site or elsewhere that is doing the same? Would love to read more like that. And maybe try my hand on writing one :)

Not too sure about this on here,
But if you like the Jeffrey Deaver novel The October list is written a la memento style. Not one of his best books though just to warn you.

Not sure if it's your thing or not, but I did just submit (And get some pretty high scores for) an Anna Kendrick celebrity based fic called 'I did what with who!?' to Literotica. You can click my sig to give it a read if you'd like? The whole story is told in reverse with the big reveal at the end and one of the commenters declared it to be 'Memento-like'.

Hope this helps :)

Blackjack

Decent read - I'm not so into celebrities, and like to have a bit more story to the sex.

This could indeed do with some formatting to separate the two time lines, e.g. italics vs. regular. Like Memento did with the main (backwards) storyline in colour, the secondary (forward) storyline in black and white.

Back