Writing Goal for the Day?

Got some copy edits back from estragon, so time to finish that up and submit the bugger! Some beta-reading to do, too.

Too bad work is blowing up now and kicking my butt. Sigh.

I've been unable to write every since the funeral. Not a thing...nothing. No original thought what so ever.

I'm going to write something today. I swear it.

As PL said, don't rush it, or put pressure on yourself. After an upsetting loss in October, I couldn't write--or do any work, actually--for a couple of weeks. I think it's totally normal.

:rose::rose::rose:

Currently sitting at 252,000+ words, I can see this going over 300k with no problem.

:eek::eek: Good luck.

While I wait for my editor to return Desperate Measures 2, I will continue to plug away at DM 3. This one should be much shorter than my average story, so I am hoping that I can finish the final scene leading to the sex.

Glad of an Excuse

not to keep writing; it's a complete love-hate thing. Present working title is "Go For Broke", almost 4000 words, and I actually know how it should end.

Tatyana, thanks for Seven Years. It's a great story. Just finish the continuity bits and give your fans a treat.

SilkStockingsLover just sent me a manuscript to copy edit, with deadline approaching. A great excuse not to do my own work.

My writing goal? To learn to write.

Hosting company and touring president's homes today, but I hope to get more reviewed on my next Dirk Hessian today.

Last edited:
The ol' writing mind has shut off it seems, but I'm sure something will pop up eventually that will say "write me" in some ghostly voice.

The ol' writing mind has shut off it seems, but I'm sure something will pop up eventually that will say "write me" in some ghostly voice.

Unfortunately, sometimes the timing is off. The story my muse forced me to write the night before last will be one for the Valentine's Day contest. I'm trying to pump a couple of books out for the Christmas market.

Unfortunately, sometimes the timing is off. The story my muse forced me to write the night before last will be one for the Valentine's Day contest. I'm trying to pump a couple of books out for the Christmas market.

Good luck with your books and hope they do well.

I also think the fact my kids are home from school today, because of snow, is a big factor. Too much stuff going on to stimulate the senses so I really can't concentrate on new ideas popping up.

I'm leaning toward something for V'day, but I'll dive into it more when I'm not surrounded by teenage daughters watching sappy romance movies. You'd think sappy romance would be a great setting for a story, but these aren't even good sappy romances. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your books and hope they do well.

I also think the fact my kids are home from school today, because of snow, is a big factor. Too much stuff going on to stimulate the senses so I really can't concentrate on new ideas popping up.

I'm leaning toward something for V'day, but I'll dive into it more when I'm not surrounded by teenage daughters watching sappy romance movies. You'd think sappy romance would be a great setting for a story, but these aren't even good sappy romances. :rolleyes:

The one I wrote is a Romance and a bit sappy--so I'm giving it to one of my pen name alts. (That should also help the ratings. The alts don't have trolls hanging off them.)

I found several old stories, written between 1998 to 2004. Today I'm editting one, a non-erotic tale, to make it into something readable.

I succeeded in finishing ch 47, now it's time to tackle 48 and make some sense out of it, lol.

Hope everyone has acheived their goals today. :D

It's not much, but I got a small start on revising later chapters of R&B. A start is a good thing.

Next, figuring out dinner. The bane of my day.

Not much writing today, I read some from old Ellery Queen magazines. ANd, I love Thursdays, I don't cook on "Leftovers Night!!"

Raking done for the winter. The rest of today I'm working on the review of several written but not edited stories to go to the editor and the review of the next Dirk Hessian book to go to the publisher.

Tacos tonight and I ended up getting some writing done, still not sure where I'll end up putting the story when it is done. I'm leaning on submitting it in one entire piece under Loving Wives. I guess I'll determine what I'm going to do with it, after I finish the entire piece. Chap. 1 - if I go that route would be in Exhib/Voyuer (or Illustrated if I get the supplies to make an Illustrated piece). Hmm... I'll cross those bridges when I get there.

Last night was my last night at darts for awhile as I am taking the next year off. It was the finals and we won our fourth title in five seasons so I celebrated accordingly.

I just woke up from a nap and hopefully the Jack has fled the system enough to put the last touches of my contest entry

What happened to all the Grouchos?

You'd think sappy romance would be a great setting for a story, but these aren't even good sappy romances. :rolleyes:

That's because sappy romance isn't for teenagers, the lack of emotional growth takes a toll. "Quit being stupid teenagers" comes to mind.

When it's for adults, it's always the way to go :)

My writing goal, for today, is to hope the third sappy romance I wrote and finished editing and submitted, then re-submitted, is the the properly tweaked and edited version, that was resubmitted, and the version to be published on the site.

But who knows? Does it matter?

Anyway, that multi category thing you mentioned. Do the whole thing at once and pick a major theme, I don't think it wouldn't matter where a good story is placed.

Finally! After two weeks of battling the muse, I grabbed the bitch by her hair, dragged her over to the lap top and made her finish my damn contest entry!

Just submitted it and.... yeah okay I have low expectations here. Writing totally out of my zone. No family affairs, no BDSM just some good old fashioned foot play.

Well anyway at least at this point I can say I entered a damn contest.

That's because sappy romance isn't for teenagers, the lack of emotional growth takes a toll. "Quit being stupid teenagers" comes to mind.

When it's for adults, it's always the way to go :)

My writing goal, for today, is to hope the third sappy romance I wrote and finished editing and submitted, then re-submitted, is the the properly tweaked and edited version, that was resubmitted, and the version to be published on the site.

But who knows? Does it matter?

Anyway, that multi category thing you mentioned. Do the whole thing at once and pick a major theme, I don't think it wouldn't matter where a good story is placed.

I've had big stories spread out in different categories before, this one I don't think will have the word count to separate it into different categories, so I most likely will keep it all in one and just make it one submission. If anything it's going to be a story with four parts, but not made into chapters.

To warrant Illustration (in my opinion) I would want illustration throughout the text, but realistically the illustration holds more appeal in the first half, Exhib/Voyuer will be more prevalent in the first and third sections. Erotic couplings in the second, and the fourth would be non-erotic - but all of it, minus the illustration aspect will fit Loving Wives.

So by writing it out and examining it more, I'm leaning on Loving Wives, and maybe doing the first chapter twice - as an Illustrated stand alone. I'll have to think more on that idea.

Finally! After two weeks of battling the muse, I grabbed the bitch by her hair, dragged her over to the lap top and made her finish my damn contest entry!

Just submitted it and.... yeah okay I have low expectations here. Writing totally out of my zone. No family affairs, no BDSM just some good old fashioned foot play.

Well anyway at least at this point I can say I entered a damn contest.

Okay, I'm going to walk away from that statement before I say something inappropriate and allow my Playgrounder side to show. :D

Good job on getting things done!

Okay, I'm going to walk away from that statement before I say something inappropriate and allow my Playgrounder side to show. :D

Good job on getting things done!

Don't hold back, I'm always up for a good BDSM exchange!

My problem is sometimes I get confused and forget if it was the muse or my wife I did that to.

I thought I'd do some other things today and try to finish the chapter tonight.

While I was running around on errands, I got a good idea on how to put some romance into my sexual marathon.:D

Don't hold back, I'm always up for a good BDSM exchange!

My problem is sometimes I get confused and forget if it was the muse or my wife I did that to.
*chuckles* You and me both!

Well, as long as she's receptive than it is okay to get confused. :D

I thought I'd do some other things today and try to finish the chapter tonight.

While I was running around on errands, I got a good idea on how to put some romance into my sexual marathon.:D

I love it when ideas just spring up out of nowhere.

Back