What's for dinner?

Chicken in mushroom sauce with bits of bacon.
It was quite tasty, for a change.

Ribs, Chicken and Rice tonight, more or less following this recipe, except I've added a whole lot of chicken drumsticks as well. Another way to use my old rice cooker.

Smoked salmon, cheese and crackers to nibble on first, and then some homemade cake and icecream for dessert. Got a friend we haven;t seen for months coming around for the afternoon and evening so it's a good excuse to do something that takes a bit of time.

ribs-and-rice-8.jpg

Buffalo chicken breast (one cup mayo mixed with a quarter cup buffalo wing sauce, a couple ounces blue cheese and an ounce or two of shredded cheddar, spread over a couple pounds of chicken breast and baked at four hundred degrees for forty-five minutes.) Roasted potatoes with butter and garlic. Steamed broccoli with lemon. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate ganache and chopped, toasted pecans for dessert.

Ribs, Chicken and Rice tonight, more or less following this recipe, except I've added a whole lot of chicken drumsticks as well. Another way to use my old rice cooker.

Smoked salmon, cheese and crackers to nibble on first, and then some homemade cake and icecream for dessert. Got a friend we haven;t seen for months coming around for the afternoon and evening so it's a good excuse to do something that takes a bit of time.

ribs-and-rice-8.jpg

Jesus that looks good!

I assume that the link is the recipe, thank you.

Spicy chicken and corn on the cob

I'm going to Chloe's house soon... LOL

*invites myself*

Looks good, how does it taste? I have been using parmesan and asiago instead of bread crumbs... did the pork rinds work in this dish?

It explodes with taste! I skip the pork rinds since pork sicken me and I replace that with 1/2 cup more parmesan/romano cheese. If you have an Aldi close to you, you can get their Simply Nature Organic Marinara and it's low-carb for just $1.99! It's loaded with flavor; I also use a full 8 ounces of mozzarella so it's a little cheesier. :D

Last edited:
It explodes with taste! I skip the pork rinds since pork sickens me and I replace that with 1/2 cup more parmesan/romano cheese. If you have an Aldi close to you, you can get their Simply Nature Organic Marinara and it's low-carb for just $1.99! It's loaded with flavor; I also use a full 8 ounces of mozzarella so it's a little cheesier. :D

CHEEEEESE! *faints happily*

I will have to try this!! :)

CHEEEEESE! *faints happily*

I will have to try this!! :)

What's nice too is that there's not tons of cleanup when you finish because you can grate/shred the cheese while the chicken's cooking in the oven with the marinara on it for 20 minutes, so you can wash up everything else and have 5 minutes to spare before it comes out and you have to add the mozzarella on top, to let it finish cooking for 10 minutes more. ;)

What's nice too is that there's not tons of cleanup when you finish because you can grate/shred the cheese while the chicken's cooking in the oven with the marinara on it for 20 minutes, so you can wash up everything else and have 5 minutes to spare before it comes out and you have to add the mozzarella on top, to let it finish cooking for 10 minutes more. ;)

Dang! I have to do my own dishes, too!? :D

Tonight is something easy because I will be swimming this afternoon.

Veggie burgers (I finally found one I like) with a side of tortilla chips and mango-avocado salsa.

Dinner was eggplant sautéed and then cooked for a few minutes in a homemade tomato sauce and some leftover marinated grilled chicken.

Well, dinner was an event tonight. Stone got in there and I bit it and I just cracked a tooth. Huge crack down the middle. One of my fangs, so no drawing blood tonite!

It's off to the dentist tomorrow :eek:

And no idea how that darn thing got in there coz I washed those vegetables and I washed those beans ..... :confused:

Well, dinner was an event tonight. Stone got in there and I bit it and I just cracked a tooth. Huge crack down the middle. One of my fangs, so no drawing blood tonite!

It's off to the dentist tomorrow :eek:

And no idea how that darn thing got in there coz I washed those vegetables and I washed those beans ..... :confused:

Oh my :rose::(

We heard the crack, both of us. It was definitely an "oh crap" moment. At least it's not hurting. And if anybody asks what I had for dinner I can honestly say "crack" lol

Although I may not be laughing when I see the bill.

We heard the crack, both of us. It was definitely an "oh crap" moment. At least it's not hurting. And if anybody asks what I had for dinner I can honestly say "crack" lol

Although I may not be laughing when I see the bill.

Sorry, Chloe... I hope it isn't hurting

(but, you cracked me up with this comment)

I had pea soup

Sorry, Chloe... I hope it isn't hurting

(but, you cracked me up with this comment)

I had pea soup

Well, in the end it turns out it was a big chip. All smoothed and polished and good as new and waaaaay cheaper than I expected. Phew.

Actually made something worth mentioning tonight - marinated and grilled chicken breasts with scalloped potatoes au gratin. Served with tossed salad. Dessert was a key lime cheesecake bar made with an almond flour crust.

Back