Discouraged

Senora

Virgin
I've written short stories for awhile and just recently started pouring them on here despite having my account for a couple of years. I love seeing my stories post but then i see others bashing it so badly without really reading it. I don't have a problem with someone not liking a story, i love feed back. But what i don't understand is what's the point of trying to convince others how horrible it is rather then telling me that hey this could be better if you did this or added that to the story.... It kind of makes me want to go back to the site if was in before coming to this one. šŸ˜”

Yep, that a downside to posting to the open Internet. At least Literotica gives you the option to delete any comment posted to your story for any reason you have to off it. You have control of at least that here.

just compare the number of hits you receive to the number of trolls who bash you. the vast majority of readers are here for a good time, the rest are internet trolls who have lived in their mother's basement for too long. fuck'em if they can't take a joke!

There's a guy who collects stupid Amazon reviews, usually where people have given one-star ratings for completely pointless reasons:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/funniest-amazon-movie-reviews-2017-3?r=US&IR=T#/#sinister-2012-2

Monsters Inc: one star for "too many monsters".
Sinister: one star because the reviewer had sore eyes, which turned out to be conjunctivitis.
Deadpool: one star for being inappropriate for the reviewer's six-year-old. (Movie has an R rating.)

...and so on.

So take comfort, at least you're not alone :)

Dollie

My husband joined this forum just to write and rewrite our life stories. I've even tried a few. I'm a high school drop out that only uses two fingers to type.
We are not writers and make that plain in our profiles. He just wanted to share the stories that were posted on sites that disappeared. It would be nice to get great comments but we both understand our writting is not here to win contests or great reviws.

Maybe others will like your stories after you die. Only dead writers are famous.
Don't be discouraged. Have fun.

You're writing for the readers who read and enjoy your stories. If they don't enjoy and read anyway, more fool them.

Arm-chair experts will show up everywhere, and different story categories each have their own 'experts' - I use the term loosely, there are other, more appropriate descriptions....

The 'delete' key is your friend.

And remember: nobody has ever tripped over a speck of sand on the beach. Keep looking at the sky and you won't even notice what's under your feet.

I took a quick look at your stories. The writing is okay, except you do have a problem with mixed tense. You use "seen" in a sentence when it should be "saw". "The last time I saw...blah, blah, blah." Instead of "The last time I seen...blah, blah, blah."

I hope this is helpful.

I love seeing my stories post but then i see others bashing it so badly without really reading it.

The delete button is there for a reason. If you get comments from people who make it clear that they haven't read the story well enough to understand it, then delete it.

I've only deleted one comment (I get precious few) and it was because the guy clearly hadn't read very much of the story at all. I probably should have deleted a comment on one of my recent stories because the guy skimmed it so lightly that he didn't understand what was happening, but I left it because another commenter caught his mistake.

Should'a deleted it anyway.

We all get ignorant comments. Don't let them get you down.

Thank everyone for your comments. Writing is a stress reliever for me lol. I am a mom of a special needs child and i work in the special needs field. Sometimes it's just nice to be reminded that i don't write for everyone else as much as i do for myself. Have a great evening!!!

Thank everyone for your comments. Writing is a stress reliever for me lol. I am a mom of a special needs child and i work in the special needs field. Sometimes it's just nice to be reminded that i don't write for everyone else as much as i do for myself. Have a great evening!!!

don't give up. just keep writing. take what seems to be good advice and ignore the 'hate' comments. small steps. :)

The solution is to write better stories. Think like a buisness person; find out what the audience wants, and how they want it, and youll have more success.

If, as someone has suggested, you have grammatical errors, you may need an editor.

Not all of us aim to please the masses. For some, the satisfaction of transferring stories from the mind to the screen is enough, and appreciation from like-minded people is just a bonus. But even then, negative comments, especially unfounded and unnecessarily harsh ones, hurt.

I find sometimes it helps to write that authors note at the start explaining what I'm trying to achieve or do and why. Put some context there for the reader. I've only really ever written one intensely personal story here and even that would be unrecognizable to anyone else but I put some explanation around that and I didn't get flamed or abused for writing sentimental nonsense. Obviously there's trolls but you just delete the worst if you want to and keep the amusing comments. Now comments on things like style and grammar and story are ones I always appreciate coz there's always something to learn there.

I find the most scathing rebukes come from the pussies who post anonymously. If you're gonna call me out, at least have the balls to let me see who you are. I never take comments from 'anonymous' seriously for this reason.

I find the most scathing rebukes come from the pussies who post anonymously. If you're gonna call me out, at least have the balls to let me see who you are. I never take comments from 'anonymous' seriously for this reason.

If I were to comment on your story, would you know who I am? All you know is that I registered. I might as well be Anonymous.

More than a few registered members post comments as Anonymous; the site offers that option when posting. Many of those posting as Anonymous are not only registered members, they are fellow authors who may not want to attract the horde that attacked YOU or have their own reasons for doing so.

There's nothing at all wrong with wanting to be anonymous on a public site. Unless your parents were particularly perverse, they probably didn't name you "igotapussy." You can't get much more anonymous than that.

rj

If I were to comment on your story, would you know who I am? All you know is that I registered. I might as well be Anonymous.

More than a few registered members post comments as Anonymous; the site offers that option when posting. Many of those posting as Anonymous are not only registered members, they are fellow authors who may not want to attract the horde that attacked YOU or have their own reasons for doing so.

There's nothing at all wrong with wanting to be anonymous on a public site. Unless your parents were particularly perverse, they probably didn't name you "igotapussy." You can't get much more anonymous than that.

rj

Initially, I wondered why people would post comments anonymously, but I've come around to agreeing with this view. In a sense, all of us are anonymous. The other thing is that it's human nature not to take criticism well, and if the criticism comes from someone with a more defined identity it might seem more confrontational, and less well received. I make most, but not all, of my comments in my adopted name, but some I make anonymously. Whether or not they are made anonymously has no bearing on whether the criticisms are true or worthwhile or not.

The solution is to write better stories. Think like a buisness person; find out what the audience wants, and how they want it, and youll have more success.

The bulk of the readers here don't know what a "better" story is from Thumper the Rabbit's fluffy tail--which is OK with me. I accept that most of the readers on Lit. are here for the instant arousal. I get more irritated with the nose-in-the-air readers/writers/forum posters who assume everyone here is here to have some stranger develop their literary writing talent. :D

The bulk of the readers here don't know what a "better" story is from Thumper the Rabbit's fluffy tail--which is OK with me. I accept that most of the readers on Lit. are here for the instant arousal. I get more irritated with the nose-in-the-air readers/writers/forum posters who assume everyone here is here to have some stranger develop their literary writing talent. :D

I'm with you on the mass of readers wanting instant arousal but I'm always surprised at how much feedback I get on the actual story and not just the sex. As for developing, I'll take it wherever it comes from. Some of its good.

I doubt we'd be writing BETTER stories, but we'd all be writing in the Incest category...and ignoring our spell checkers.

rj

Back