Can you tell when you get a new comment?

barefootcowgirl

Experienced
I would like to read the comments on my stories, but it is difficult to keep track of how many each story had so I recognize a new one. Any ideas?

Each time a comment is made on a story or a story or author is favorited or unfavorited, it's registered on the author's page under Submissions/Recent Activity. It stays recorded there for thirty days.

I guess I was hoping for something that would tell you at a glance when your story had new comments. Thanks!

Well, yes, all you do is click on what I identified and it tells you at a glance all of the comments you have received in the past 30 days. I really can't understand why anyone would need better service than that. I certainly don't want to receive an e-mail every time anyone does this to any of my stories.

I'd rather they just cleaned up their system of users communicating with the site.

On the new dashboard there is a chronological record of all comments received against all your stories. I assume it goes back to the beginning of time.

You can also sort your story file by "number of comments received" - which is nice for mindless self-gratification.

I did know about that scroll. It has all the "following you" and the "favorited" too, which are flattering to know, but are nothing I am going to follow up on. I certainly don't want an email. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Each time a comment is made on a story or a story or author is favorited or unfavorited, it's registered on the author's page under Submissions/Recent Activity. It stays recorded there for thirty days.

New readers should probably be directed to the NEW features. The new dashboard provides a running history of All Activity, Works (stories) Activity and My Activity. On All activity, you see added comments, added favorites, new stories posted by favorite authors, etc. I don't know how far it goes back, but way more than 30 days.

The new dashboard is a clean, simple, informative and, so far, stable feature.

rj

About the only thing I can suggest is that you put something at the end of the story to tell the reader to email you directly when they post a comment. They can do this by clicking on the author name at the top of the story page, and choosing "contact" on the menu of the next page. It will be up to them to decide whether it's worth the time to do it, but it can't hurt.

I cant care less about comments.

You're back! Been missing you. Have a drink..... maybe Vancouver's a bit far, but hey, I liked the Noir at the Bar idea....

Noir@BarSM.jpg

The new Control panel does the trick

I guess I was hoping for something that would tell you at a glance when your story had new comments. Thanks!

The new Control Panel does the trick. https://www.literotica.com/my/#/

Under "Works Activity" it will look like this attched file when someone comments or favorites your stories.

Cant wait for the new Lit to be totally online.

Attachments

• Lit.jpg
    Lit.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
You're back! Been missing you. Have a drink..... maybe Vancouver's a bit far, but hey, I liked the Noir at the Bar idea....

Noir@BarSM.jpg

AH sux as a pl;ace for serious writing discputse. It aint gonna happen here. So I spend lotsa time teading to get at what makes writing good and awful. I may write some of it up to post at the HOE TO category.

AH sux as a pl;ace for serious writing discputse. It aint gonna happen here. So I spend lotsa time teading to get at what makes writing good and awful. I may write some of it up to post at the HOE TO category.

Welcome back, Jim. I see you're walking with a limp.

After reading your post, especially the words sux, pl;ace, discputse, lotsa, and HOE TO, I wonder if you've had a stroke. Are you feeling okay? You're drooling on the left side of your mouth.

Being banned to Literotica's dungeon is not a walk in the park, trust me, I know. Having been banned several times before, I'm a regular. Actually, I like the food. Once you get used to eating them, the roaches, especially the bigger ones, taste a little like chicken. Actually, I've had worse tasting sushi.

Just a thought that I hope doesn't embarrass you, you really should have taken a shower before you started posting. You're a bit ripe.

Just a thought that I hope doesn't embarrass you, you really should have taken a shower before you started posting. You're a bit ripe.

That's what happens when Noir goes to Noir bars with me. He's just lucky I didn't drink to much!

Welcome back, Jim. I see you're walking with a limp.

After reading your post, especially the words sux, pl;ace, discputse, lotsa, and HOE TO, I wonder if you've had a stroke. Are you feeling okay? You're drooling on the left side of your mouth.

Being banned to Literotica's dungeon is not a walk in the park, trust me, I know. Having been banned several times before, I'm a regular. Actually, I like the food. Once you get used to eating them, the roaches, especially the bigger ones, taste a little like chicken. Actually, I've had worse tasting sushi.

Freddie you must know something I don't. Prance off por favor.

Back