How many of us here are from the United Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its ok,i live around the flat lands.would like to live near the coast or some hills.there great for walks
 
the grass is always greener somewhere else, eh? plenty of manageable hills, and coast, down this way
 
thats always the case.Grass is always greener.We are never happy are we,always something to moan about
 
i think when i win the lottery i will buy a place somewhere else,best of both worlds then
 
I take it you do actually enter the lottery sometimes then? (I never do)
 
Born UK, Essex and lived all over, South of line Glocester / the Wash.

(Had to keep moving, the bombs were falling in the 1940's ... !)

After a wonderful nomadic life, now call the Greater Toronto Area home.

M
 
Yep, North West, Cumbria.

Been here for 17 years, moved from Holland and moving to the States in over a year, got a five year road trip sorted then moving house. Going to travel like hell after moving, far too much of the world to see outside of the UK.
 
Another question...

Are there any significant/major/notable differences in the social rules of "etiquette" on the two sides of the Atlantic? (i.e. differences in U.K. society and U.S. society?)

e.g. are there things which would be acceptable in the U.K. that would be less acceptable (or even unacceptable) in the U.S. ... and vice versa?
 
Another question...

Are there any significant/major/notable differences in the social rules of "etiquette" on the two sides of the Atlantic? (i.e. differences in U.K. society and U.S. society?)

e.g. are there things which would be acceptable in the U.K. that would be less acceptable (or even unacceptable) in the U.S. ... and vice versa?

No major differences (family on both sides of atlantic), americans seem quite loud though.
 
Living in Essex :)

Avid reader more than anything, thanks for all the great posts :)
 
I'm from just south of beautiful Bristol....
Anyone else struggle with the time difference when playing with American friends?
Not half! When I'm limited with available times anyway, the time difference squeezes the window down pretty small . . .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top