Club Simplicité

thestruggle

A Little Sparrow
Joined
May 30, 2011
Posts
4,953
tumblr_mjz28lParC1ra5knco1_500.jpg


Signage by the lovely Britwitch Designs.


Welcome to Club Simplicité.
There have been clubs before. There will probably be more. But the difference in design is one we hope you'll find intriguing. Step inside. Take a chance.

tumblr_mk0kathHtL1s5y9tao5_1280.jpg


After passing through the velvet ropes outside, you'll find yourself in a darkened foyer. Music pulses, a rumbling bassline. The cacophony of voices fades as the doors close behind you. The neon illuminates, but only just. It gives no hint of what lies beyond.

tumblr_mk0kathHtL1s5y9tao2_500.jpg


The main room is a soothing contrast after the hidden shadows of the foyer. The blue lights are enough to light up the surroundings, and yet properly subdued enough to encourage a hand on a wrist. A touch on a back. Lean in closer. There's more to come.

tumblr_mk0kathHtL1s5y9tao3_400.jpg


A wall of spirits and refreshments, stocked with whatever your thirst may desire. Any number of bartenders will hop to your wishes--the staff is quite familiar with requests. A fully staffed kitchen is also available: ready and waiting for hungry guests.

tumblr_mk0pvpqTOw1s5y9tao1_500.jpg


A dance floor, with shifting lights and sounds. Movement abounds here, although of what kind, only the participants can say. The DJ is eager to hear your requests. Can't dance? No problem! Effort is the thing: but there are plenty of booths and alcoves to accommodate those who would rather watch. They pamper all tastes here.

tumblr_mk0kathHtL1s5y9tao4_1280.jpg


If, perhaps, the heat of the floor--or your encounters--leaves you breathless, you may take the air on the terrace. Its view is sure to restore your senses... unless you're looking for a dark corner. There are plenty of those, and they can also be found in--

tumblr_mk0kathHtL1s5y9tao1_500.jpg


--the private rooms that are located beyond the main area. There are several of these, and who can say what they hold? Remember, your wishes are well-tended here. Club Simplicité is ever-changing: mold it to your will! Creativity is applauded.




And finally, the rules:

- Club Simplicité is an IC thread. There are no limits on the length of post size. One sentence, two sentences, a paragraph, a page: anything you need to get your point across. Flex your writing muscle. Enjoy yourselves! But please, remember...

- Be respectful. Everyone is welcome here, but rudeness is not tolerated. Show courtesy and don't rain on anyone's parade. This is a place to unwind, relax, let loose. Unless you're quite sure that the reaction you'll receive is a positive one, don't interrupt anyone's playtime.

- Everyone is welcome. No one is stinted. However, if you are not playing nicely, the NPC bouncers will not hesitate to throw you unceremoniously out. You'll have to be quite nasty to necessitate this, but why test it? Enjoyment is the name of the game.

- No drama. Let's keep this atmosphere civil and lighthearted--or intense, if you're into that. If you think that something you say may be insulting, don't say it. This is not the place for it.

- And finally, no limits beyond those mentioned above. Everyone is free to practice what they like, as long as those involved are having fun. As we all have different definitions of fun, there are no boundaries here beyond those established by the world of Lit. Unleash yourselves!





Join in. Relish it. We're glad you're here.

:rose:




 
After passing through the door into the foyer, she is greeted by a secretly amused doorman. Tess eyes him suspiciously, fingering her black clutch, and steps through the inner entrance. Awash in blue light, she gasps, the first strains of a sensual song meeting her ears. She feels the lace of her dress against her torso, the comforting weight of her heels on her feet. Taking a deep breath, she walks to the bar, the staggering expanse of bottles making her lips part in disbelief. The bartender sidles down, grinning. He asks, flirtatiously, what her preference might be. She clears her throat, steps up to a seat.

Double bourbon, please. Straight up.

Liquor as courage, perhaps. But what a way to go.
 
She takes a quick look in one of the large mirrors mounted on the wall as she heads into the foyer. Taking a second to retie the bow around her waist, cinching the dress a little closer, a little tighter there. Another moment spent adjusting the neck line.
A turn to the side, checking from heels to carefully straightened hair hanging down her back. A touch more sparkling lip gloss in a relatively nude shade and she's ready.

The music draws one in easily and she can't help gasp quietly at the cool blues and elegant design.

First stop, the bar.

"Bombay and tonic, please. With lime."

Ordered politely with the hint of a wink of eyeliner darkened eye to the handsome barman as she slid sideways onto a stool.

Oh this was going to be fun.
 
Heart racing in her chest, blood pumping in her ears, she steps forward, carefully, deliberately. She listens for the sound of her heels as they hit the floor, assuring her that she’s moving forward. She’s not sure why she’s nervous, but nervous she is. Her dress had been carefully picked out for this event- the back being her favorite part- and her red hair had been toyed with until she found the perfect look. The contrast of the golden tips and the vibrant red at the top obvious in the bun, the usual subtlety of the colors fading into each other completely lost. This opening was an excuse to be girly, to obsess over clothes and styles, and she’d loved it. Now, she found herself second guessing herself, but pushed it to the back of her mind.

She enters, looking around, taking everything in in awe. Breathtaking. She looks down at her dress, watching the white glow in the black lights, and smiles. Another step, she had to force herself to keep walking. The music hits her ears and she finds herself swaying ever so slightly.

The next room, even more amazing than the one before, she does a spin to look around, one foot pushing off the ground to turn her, up on the ball of her other foot. Her foot lands to stop the spin, and she walks to the bar, wondering for a moment what would happen if she ordered a drink. Her eyes look over the seemingly never ending supply of liquor. She could have anything she wanted, in theory. She steps up, standing only 5’3” with the heels, and looks to a bartender.


Water.

The man nods and turns, filling a glass with ice and then water. She takes it and smiles, nodding a thank you, and turns around, her back leaning against the bar. Her eyes land on a familiar face in a stunning blue dress, and she smiles, moving to her.

I really love your dress, Brit.
 
A pretty face above a very pretty dress approaches.

"Hi Lily!"

Blue eyes move up and down and move back to her face.

"Oh, you look lovely, your hair looks fab! And thanks...I saw the colour and thought it'd suit tonight..."

A sip of her drink and a friendly smile.

"This place looks amazing! I can't wait to explore as the night goes on!"
 
For once, she hadn't gone with dramatic eye makeup, and she felt almost naked. A place like this, it seemed to beg for it. Her own hazel eyes meet the blue of Brit's.

It definitely does. I'm partial to blue dresses, though, so I'm bias. Although I doubt anyone would disagree that you look stunning.

Her eyes move, head turning, to look around the vast room, and she nods.

It really does look amazing. All the work that went into it, you can tell it was well worth it. And I'm sure there are many places worth exploring. It's going to make for an interesting night.
 
"Thank you, lovely"

A shy smile and another sip. Ice tinkling pleasantly.

"The hard part will be deciding where to start exploring!"

Another sip before glass is placed on the bar, another smile to the handsome young man on the other side. A not altogether subtle appraisal of his figure before she turns back to the pretty young lady beside her.

"I can't wait to see who else turns up..."
 
She smiles, lifts the water to her lips, and takes a sip. It's colder than expected, a welcome surprise. She nods.

Where to explore, indeed.

Another glance around the room, another nod at her words.

Hopefully people we know and don't alike. This would be a wonderful opportunity to meet the other people of the lounge.
 
Vi swept out of the taxi without even looking behind her, her dress plunged down her back and she'd left her curls free and untamed.

She'd chosen white for the first dress. Louboutin heels, and a bustle skirt.. simply because it was a little bit of a fuck you to her dominant. Hitting her ass through those layers? Ha.

But she was on a timeline. The club was beautiful, colorful, dark, and the service impeccable. The staff had been informed of her position as a financial backer and seen to it that she had a cosmo in her hand before she was three steps in.

Vi spied her sister chatting with Lily and she made her way over to them.


"Ladies. You both look fabulous."
 
"As do you!"

A highly appreciative smile as eyes move over the bright white dress, concealing all manner of deliciousness beneath it.
Followed by kiss to pretty cheek.


"I was wondering when you'd get here!"

Hand retrieves her drink and a silent toast is made, delicate clinking with Vi's and Lily's glasses following it before another long sip is savoured.
 
hastily swallowing her mouthful of bourbon, she turns in her seat, heels sliding against the chair as she crosses her legs. Three gorgeous women, all dressed to perfection. She grins, leaning an elbow against the bar surface, chin tilted on a fist.

You all look fantastic. What a place! What fun! Everyone get here alright? Miss Vivi, thank you for your generosity in helping push this place through. Hopefully it's quite the... experience. And Brit, of course, your help was integral to the process. Thank you so much.

She stands, moving to their cluster, kissing all of them on the cheek with a lavender scented embrace. Tess stands back, surveying the club entire.

Lily, so glad you're here! Water, hm?

Her eyes sparkle mischievously as she takes in the glass in her friend's hand, and she leans forward to press an extra kiss on her forehead.

Good. The sights and sounds are enough to turn heads, anyway.
 
Winter was dying it's last gasps, Spring still trying to break through and take hold, and so he'd brought an overcoat just in case. Tan, long, it was draped over his arm as he stepped through the doors and into the envelope of thumping bass. The coat was left at the appropriate place near the entrance, and then he paused to adjust cuffs and straighten his vest.

Blue had always worked on him, it fit so well with the ocean in his eyes, and so it was simple blue that he went with tonight. A bit of color was added to the pocket, just a little pop, but otherwise he left things simple and clean. The girl - or, perhaps, girls - that ended the night on his arm would be the main attraction, and his dress was simply a compliment to that.

Into the club proper, and he discovers that others have arrived before him. A small gathering has formed at the bar, and rather than approach he decides to stay back. A seat is found, within easy sight of the bar, and he lowers himself into it, eyes roaming the frills and flesh near the bar.
 
"Tess, you've simply out done yourself darling. I'm quite impressed. But I have to take my leave for now. Keep up the good work, darling!"

Vi kissed her sister then. Downed her drink, and waved goodbye to the other two.

"Have fun, behave! And watch out for dinosaurs!"

She laughed to herself and took off towards the cab.
 
A blush at each compliment, eyes roaming each woman as she approaches. So many pretty dresses. She smiles. She turns to Vivi, first.

Thank you! You do, too.

She eyes the curly hair and her grin widens, knowing how wonderful yet bothersome curls can be. She watches her leave, waving as she does. She turns to Tess then, and nods, glancing briefly at the water.

Wasn't so sure about my drink options. Decided to play it safe. You did a wonderful job with this place, Tess.

Weight shifts from one leg to the other, impressed with the fact that she's yet to topple over.

And you look absolutely stunning.
 
"Tess, you look ravishing lovely."

A wave and a giggle for her Sis as she vanishes and another sip of drink, eyes wandering beyond the bar to the figure who has entered and, for now, kept his distance. A quick wink over the rim of her glass in his direction before looking back at the ladies before her.

"And this place is phenomenal!"
 
she raises a hand, rippling her fingers lightly in farewell as Vivi leaves, smiling at the bouncing curls. Turning again to Lily she taps a fingernail along her tumbler, watching the light play off the glass.

Well, that's fine. Probably for the best. Don't want this place to lose its liquor license before it even gets off the ground.

Looking at Brit, she giggles, covering her mouth with a hand.

Thank you, pretty lady! That bow is perfect, just like I thought. I adore dressing up.

A sigh of pure pleasure and she downs the rest of her drink. Thus fortified, she'll now be able to order something to sip at leisure. The devilish barman is back, an eyebrow raised at her crimson nails tapping on the bar. She raises a brow right back.

Another Bombay and tonic, please. Extra lime.

He bounces off to fill the order after a cheeky wink and she rolls her eyes, spying the newest visitor. A blue suit. She nudges Brit, leaning forward to murmur,

I think that suit is worse than a tux. Much worse.

She raises her hand in another wave, hello this time. Her drink is set on the bar and she picks it up, sipping idly.
 
Glass is emptied and a little wave and a wink to the man on the other side of the bar ensures another appears before her within moments. Another sip and a quiet giggle at a whispered comment.

Oh, far worse...

A look over towards the blue suited one.

...far worse...
 
A smile at her words and then a small laugh.

Well, Tigress calls me trouble. At least then I'd have done something to officially warrant the name.

Eyes follow the gaze of the others', land on the man and then back to the women. Another sip of her water, she moves to sit, places the glass down. She watches the beads of water run down the side, and then turns her attention back to the pretty ladies.
 
She tosses long auburn waves down her back, the hair cascading in a sweeping move. Sometimes she thinks she should snip it all off, but it fits here, in this decadence. Giggling a bit more as she sips her drink, gently swirls her glass to rattle the ice. Leans to Brit, whispers back,

Well, he went with blue. So that's good. Everyone seems to like the theme.

Reaching out she taps Lily's wrist with a lacquered nail, biting a carefully made up lip. A bit pink tonight, subdued. Her eyes are dark and smoky, lashes full. The only real splashes of color are her nails and her shoes.

True. Trouble. Glad you and trouble are finally on a first name basis. It suits you, sweetpea.

Grinning she tweaks the girl's skirt, then lifts a shoe, heel pointing back as the toe rests against the floor. If the club had been older, she never would've risked the suede.

Someone should go ask our blue suited friend to dance. He seems quite lonely over there.
 
A gaze directed his way snags his attention, and a corner of his lips are pulled up in a small grin. Legs crossing, he watches as one whispers to the other, and now two have noticed him. An incline of his head is his only greeting, for the moment, and then a waitress draws his attention away.

"Rum, please. Neat."

The waitress nodded, began to turn away, and he reached out to her, light fingertips on her arm stopping her.

"Another round for the fine ladies at the bar, as well, please."
 
"It does seem a little sad almost to have someone on their own like that..."

She muses, regarding the gentleman who regarded them.

"Not sure he's one for dancing, but you never know..."

A soft giggle before another sip is taken.

"Although it does seem a waste to have such a dancefloor and no one on it! A little early for me to 'strut my stuff' but..."

Giggles some more as drinks appear behind them on the bar.

"...but perhaps a couple more of these and I might change my mind about that!"
 
The music had meandered through a few different selections since the opening number. Each change had made her murmur in delight--the person picking the songs must be a genius! The newest song begins to play, and she giggles. A round of drinks shows up and she eyes them.

Yes, I hear you there. If we keep getting these, you'll have to drag me away from the dance floor.

She laughs, drawing a circle in her gin with the stirrer, lowering her voice.

Maybe if we keep sending drinks back and forth, we'll all end up dancing.

The handsome bartender hurries by, wiping down the already gleaming top. She clucks her tongue at him, and he grins, busted.

Conscientious staff. Eager. At least, eager for something.
 
His drink arrives and he slides a bill into the waitresses hand, thanks by way of tip.

The glass is lifted, his eyes finding those at the bar again, and he raises it to them. A silent toast to...

To what, was the question.

The rim brought to his lips, he tips the glass and takes in a bit, swirling it over his tongue to savor the mix of flavors.

Silently, the glass is returned to the table beside him, and blue eyes return to those at the bar.
 
Clinks glasses with Tess with a happy grin.

"Perfect song. I might be biased...but I do love it."

Tries hard not to sing along too loudly.
 
Her hazel eyes wink conspiratorially at the toast, returned with a flick of her wrist. Another sip--the bubbles of the tonic are pleasantly bright, hitting just the right notes. Much like the music. A new arrival at the door, a beauty in blue... the flash of skin above the line of the dress is not missed, but smiled upon. A tiny giggle, a bite of lip. Delicate fingers raise up, beckon, wondering. Snapping her fingers at the barman, an exercise she usually hates, but he's been a little too friendly. Perhaps he needs a reminder. He slides up, leaning amiably against the bar.

That vision that just walked in. She'll need a drink. Be ready, tiger.
 
Back
Top