Explicit words....which ones

One big advantage real-life women have over porn women: the obsession with waxing and shaving isn't nearly as universal out in the world. Pubic hair is making a comeback though, thank God. I don't mind the shaved look but variety is a lovely thing.



I'm told your favorite word is COVFEFE. Its a gay word that means LETS TRADE SPIT AND CHEWING GUM.
 
What word would you substitute for 'pussy' - before you use 'cunt' (a word I find too hard and short for the job)

For me, it depends on my character. All my protagonists are chinese or asian girls to start with, and usually conservative and from traditional or semi-traditional family backgrounds (okay, I write what I know to a certain extent) so there's a lot of inbuilt cultural resistance to using explicit words except in very intimate circumstances. So they'll use "sex" or "um, you know," rather than saying cunt or pussy. I'll also use euphemisms like "channel" or "passage" depending. For a couple of my characters I'll use the cantonese or mandarin slang words that mean "cunt" as well. Quite often I'll skirt around the word, and then slide it in as the sex gets more and more intense and my character gets carried away by the intensity of the experience.

Cock is another one for me that I sometimes struggle to find good alternatives for. Sometimes it's suitable and sometimes it's not but I find those romance euphemisms like "length" and "manhood" just so puerile. And penis is just too formal. Sometimes I use "erection", sometimes "male hardness" or I just skirt around it and describe the thoughts and sensations associated with feeling one or touching it. The interesting part is to do all of that without loosing the reader thru inappropriate language that throws the reader out of the moment when they're reading.

Now "fuck" is a rather more versatile word that's a lot easier to use. If you gave a fuck at all about the fucking amazing English language, you would stop fucking around and study the word fuck intensively. When your friends start fucking with you just tell them to shut the fuck up and for the fucktards to go fuck themselves, because you need to fucking study. Don’t be a fuck up. Instead of getting fucked up at bars like a dumbfuck trying to fuck another alcoholic fucker, be a cheapfuck and stay at home and learn to use the word fuck. So when someone asks you, “What the fuck does that mean?” You can answer, “What the fuck? You mean you don’t fucking know, you fuckwit. Well fuck me, you can go get fucked.” Or alternatvely, "What the fuck. Who fucking cares, lets go fuck instead." Followed of course by "Oh fuck, that's fucking big, how the fuck? .... ohhhhh fuck ... fuck me harder..."

Ass vs butt vs bum? Yep, whenever I read "bum" in the anatomical sense, I go "UK writer" - or maybe an aussie. Same with knickers. It throws me right out of the story every time. Fanny is another one of those words that does that.

The other one is breasts. I use it, but for myself, I'm always thinking "boobs" and that was also the feedback I got from other women in my writing workshop. It boiled down to guys seem to thing "breasts" or "tits" or something like that, while the women in my workshop all said "boobs". That's another one I'm still circling on. I think to a certain extent you have to write that one for your audience. But what do you guys think? Breasts? Boobs? What word is in your mind when you see boobs or write about them?
 
Last edited:
To me its no different than any other word choice. You use what comes naturally. Just write, don't over think.

As for Pussy vs Cunt. I think the issue is cunt is also used as a derogatory insult here in the US(they're much more casual with the word in the UK it seems) so some people shy away from it for that reason.

When writing a younger female I'll tend to go with pussy. Not many young women say cunt. When writing an older female character I'll use cunt from them because they are more likely to say it in my mind.

I do the same with cock vs dick. A young girl or guy says dick. Older would say cock.

One other point on pussy. If a girl is being 'little' either just acting cutesy or playing daddy's girl or is a little pussy works better because its more associated with young. A girl pouting and using a little girl voice and big wide eyes saying "You going to be good to my pussy, daddy" is more in character than cunt. Cunt is a more aggressive word used by a more confident female role.

But all that is my opinion, I'm not debating anything or telling anyone what they should do. This all works for me.
 
But what do you guys think? Breasts? Boobs? What word is in your mind when you see boobs or write about them?

In writing, breasts. Tits is slightly crude (and my characters tend not to be) and feels vaguely British. I've never used boob. Though now I can easily see some female character decrying a male action with "Unhand that boob, miscreant." and when she gets a puzzled look back, reverting to "Hands off the merchandise, sweetheart, before I decide to take it personally."

In the real world? "Nice rack."
 
The latest, and one that makes me just burst out laughing, is 'My nip-knocks'. (smh. I can't figure out if she means just her nipples or the whole package.) Having an 18 year old these days is a learning experience, let me tell yah.

Then there's 'girls', 'twins', and for the more discriminating minds... 'My sensitive chest-raisins'. You haven't lived until she uses that one in public. (And, yes...I'm currently considering some form of gag device to stop the insanity.)

Sounds like she's just making stuff up to tweak you.

My daughter a few years ago in Wal-mart to a guy about my age who was blatantly looking at her.

"Stop staring at my tits, asshole, they'll get you twenty years.":eek:
 
T.....I believe her exact words were, "Would you please stop looking at me like I'm your fucking lunch?" (That was before she decided she does like it when men turn their heads to look. .... You have to admit that 'sensitive chest-raisins' does sound almost palatable.

My daughter a few years ago in Wal-mart to a guy about my age who was blatantly looking at her. "Stop staring at my tits, asshole, they'll get you twenty years.":eek:

Oh god, rotflmao. I love your daughters both. Although I must admit I always liked being looked at as if I was lunch. Still do :D
 
Oh god, rotflmao. I love your daughters both. Although I must admit I always liked being looked at as if I was lunch. Still do :D

I have no doubt they did too if the guy wasn't really creepy looking and all but strolling up and shoving his head in her shirt.

I'd noticed, but was trying not to be the crazy over protective father. It was better coming from her, the look on his face was priceless.:D
 
An old girlfriend I was with, a long long time ago, hated pussy and cunt, she liked "Twat".

She liked vocal sex, mostly me being vocal, but insisted on me using the right words.

Go figure.
 
Someone needs to exhibit common fucking sense, that was my parenting attitude. Until they get their shit together there's me.
 
An old girlfriend I was with, a long long time ago, hated pussy and cunt, she liked "Twat".

She liked vocal sex, mostly me being vocal, but insisted on me using the right words.

Go figure.

In the height of passion the use of 'cunt' can tip me over the edge.
 
In the height of passion the use of 'cunt' can tip me over the edge.

Yes. My wife is the same way, normally not a fan of the word, but right at the critical moment? It works just fine. As the lust rises the inhibitions fall away
 
Sounds like she's just making stuff up to tweak you.

My daughter a few years ago in Wal-mart to a guy about my age who was blatantly looking at her.

"Stop staring at my tits, asshole, they'll get you twenty years.":eek:

And an [English] response, from an older man:
"Madam, the good Lord, in His infinite wisdom, saw fit to enable me to see His creations, including those items you are displaying (trying to hide, within your Tee-shirt). I will continue to observe for as long as I can, because they are worth [academic] study. I consider it worthy of a Praise to the Lord.
However if you consider such admiration unpleasant, I suggest you wear clothes which are NOT designed to enhance your shape, in public."
:)
 
Which explicit words? All the harsher ones, please? Especially in the more intensely lustful scenarios. Although I do very much like the "fuckwaffle" one, in whatever context it can be used. It's rather grand. :)

Now, please pardon the off-topic...

However if you consider such admiration unpleasant, I suggest you wear clothes which are NOT designed to enhance your shape, in public."
:)

I'm quite certain you already realize that you'll most likely get some serious blowback for making such a statement as yours above.

However, I happen to agree with you. Yes, blowback expected here as well. :rolleyes:

Many people, male and female, feel that they should be able to wear whatever they wish (ie. be practically naked in public), and remain "out of bounds" as far as looky-loos and comments go (unsolicited touching and groping are excluded from my explanation here). That feeling, though, is in no way based in reality, despite that which one believes one is entitled. As was wisely expressed to me once: "Dress the part you wish to get."

Okay, back to explicit words...

In describing the female anatomy, "pussy" is a total turn-off. I'd prefer "hole" over that one. Same for "prick" when describing the male anatomy (it's best reserved towards name-calling for those who seek it).

Actually, whether reading or writing, I find it difficult to find a good, explicit word to use for male anatomy. My go-to is "cock" but it can only be used so much before the repetition makes me insane. Sometimes, not using any word can work as well. I'd much prefer something like, "He moved between her spread thighs and pushed himself into her, slowly, wanting to feel her slick heat over every inch." versus "He moved between her spread thighs and pushed his dick into her, slowly, wanting to feel her slick heat over every inch." That one word just takes me out of the scene, literary-wise. Real life-wise, however...

End scene. :)
 
This has been a very interesting conversation. And our preferences are all over the map. We all like what we like! It just proves that you can't please everyone with your story ;)

Guess I will weigh in. ;)

In story (and in bed), I prefer pussy. Cunt, hole, twat all sound trashy to me. And I use slit, lips, wet folds, probably a few others.

I don't use penis or prick in story... probably most commonly I use erection and cock, though I have used dick, member, shaft, manhood, steely rod, and probably a few others.

Breasts... I use breasts and nipples, then descriptors like globes, etc. I don't like tits, titties, boobs... they just sound juvenile to me.

And tummy... it makes me squirm. I feel like the character is 14 when I read that word in a story. I use belly or abdomen, I guess (though I am sure belly does for others what tummy does to me - lol).

Fuck is fine when referring to the act or when using it as an expletive. And I try to stay away from using G*d when in the act, only because I know there are very mixed feelings about it. ;)

I don't like slut. I can live with fucktoy as long as it's in context where the two are in a relationship (I find it a turn-off in a non-con/reluctance story because it adds to the feeling of rape for me, which I am not into). Though I like a good reluctance story where she isn't sure about it at first, but she gets so turned on that she either goes along with it or changes her mind.
 
Maybe I'm alone here, but nudity--let alone revealing clothing--isn't inherently sexual and it is certainly not an invitation for sexual attention.

Revealing clothing has one purpose - to attract attention. If you don't want to be looked at that way, don't go out of your way to wave about the wares. I'll stare if I damn well please, if you dress to be stared at. Looking at things is not (yet) illegal as far as I know.

That doesn't extend to being touched or spoken to rudely. But dressing is visual and dictates a visual response. There are plenty of ways to dress if you don't want to be looked at.

I am not at all a fan of people dressing to trigger male responses and then trying to tell males where their eyes should be pointing.
 
So what one can gather from this thread is that different people prefer to use or not use different words. Shocking!

Just due to trying to avoid constant repetition I think I've used a majority of the euphemisms mentioned (I've even used kitty but only in certain rare situations where I thought it made sense) and of course context is important. The same way cunt can be used (especially in GB and Oz) in a friendly or joking manner it can also be used as a slur (often considered like that in US) which is why who is saying it and why is important to know.
I've known women who prefer it for that reason, because they are taking ownership of the word, kinda like how the word queer is used by some in the gay community.

Blowback incoming, lol! :D

I mean, I get the sentiment, and there's some truth in there. If you go around with your cleavage spilling out, you're gonna get at least a few quick looks and I'd argue that most people can't really help those sort of reflexive glances. But just standing there and staring? Or making gross comments? Maybe I'm alone here, but nudity--let alone revealing clothing--isn't inherently sexual and it is certainly not an invitation for sexual attention.

I mean, even if I am at a play party--where people are expected to be provocative and the play is public--I still don't pull that shit. Even if I am talking to someone completely naked--save for a foxtail buttplug and a collar--I look at their face when I'm speaking to them, not their tits. I don't walk up to strangers and say, "Hey, nice ass, looks like it could use a good spanking!" Even at a goddamned sex party, I don't treat people like meat until we've negotiated that it's okay, because it's just common courtesy. I can't imagine behaving that way at a kink event, let alone with strangers on the street.

Wow, never would have expected blowback on this subject from you, ;) but again context is important. If a woman is wearing a Mariah Carey length skirt or dress that is so short she can't sit down without someone seeing up to her tonsils then odds are a lot of people will look. I find it funny when that happens and they keep trying to pull it down when there isn't enough material to go down. Now in no way am I excusing rude behavior or comments. People should be courteous and not say inappropriate things or stare for inordinate amounts of time. And if you're talking to someone you should of course look at their big, round, firm...eyes, not lower down.

But I'll also say if some forty year old schlub is ogling some sexy college student she may look at it differently than if Leo DiCaprio was doing the exact same thing. Hell, if it was Leo in a lot of cases he could make totally inappropriate comments, make suggestive tongue gestures, and have drool coming from the corner of his mouth and it would be cool.

Weirdly enough I think nudity or semi-nudity is a bit different and to a degree I agree with you. In NY it is just as legal for a woman to be topless in public as it is for a man. I think in that way a woman showing a lot of cleavage assisted by a push up bra might be more enticing by hiding something.
 
I think this is a great example of how you can write a good sex scene without having to use the word "cock" every two seconds, something I could use work on, myself. That could actually be a fun writing exercise: writing an entire sex scene without reference to the genitals! Maybe I'll give it a go someday.
This is, hands down, one of the best ideas I've seen presented. Seriously.

Blowback incoming, lol! :D
Called it! ;)

I mean, I get the sentiment, and there's some truth in there. If you go around with your cleavage spilling out, you're gonna get at least a few quick looks and I'd argue that most people can't really help those sort of reflexive glances. But just standing there and staring? Or making gross comments? Maybe I'm alone here, but nudity--let alone revealing clothing--isn't inherently sexual and it is certainly not an invitation for sexual attention.
While yours is quite an astute perception, one I can honestly appreciate, when it comes to those counted among the population, revealing clothing, and therefore the body therein, is enough to invite the sexual attention, whether it's desired or not. I'm sure there are a goodly number of individuals across the globe who maintain decorum in the face of cleavage, however, too many remain immune to that sort of self-control. With all that said, if I go out wearing little bits of strategically placed fabric, I'm going to expect the staring and comments.

I mean, even if I am at a play party--where people are expected to be provocative and the play is public--I still don't pull that shit.
Considering your change of venue from out in the regular ol' public to a play party, it's a smart move on anyone's part not to "pull that shit."

Even if I am talking to someone completely naked--save for a foxtail buttplug and a collar--I look at their face when I'm speaking to them, not their tits.
You're a better person than me. I'd totally be checking out their collar. :cattail:

I don't walk up to strangers and say, "Hey, nice ass, looks like it could use a good spanking!"
You don't say that to strangers at the sex party or strangers at the market? The former would be met with quite a different response than the latter. There are some characters to be had in the produce section at the market, let me just say.

Even at a goddamned sex party, I don't treat people like meat until we've negotiated that it's okay, because it's just common courtesy. I can't imagine behaving that way at a kink event.
"...don't treat people like meat until..." Heh. :cool:

You know, some of the most lovely and mindful folks I've ever met have been encountered at play parties. Curious how at these sexually-charged, graphically-minded events, my expectations of respectful behavior are well off the charts. In fact, I'd be rather appalled if I was treated with anything but the highest of regards (outside the negotiations, that is). Out in the vanilla world, a truly different story. No wonder why I prefer one over the other.

Thank you for the respectfully literate blowback. Fun. :)
 
Back
Top