Bite me

I have an opinion, but I do not know the reason. What I do know is that people don't wake up one day and think: "today, I'm going to throw a plane into a building". They need a "good" reason to do that.

there is tragedy all round, tso. it didn't come to a head overnight. but we - the americans and most brits here - get to associate more directly with it happening in our own country or, as in my case as a brit, watching it unfold minute by minute. ANY loss of life, in such close up, in our living rooms - particularly when it's in our own locale and we know people directly involved - is going to hit hard with shocking impact. Add to that the fears of brits that america might retaliate with nukes and.... well, it's hard. I'm not saying lives lost in other situations, drone bombing, conflicts, what have you - i'm not saying they are any less tragic. But their impact is more muted since we don't get the news so very directly.

'good', here, is a matter of opinion as anything else. there are plenty of reasons but i don't believe they were the driving force behind the attack. I believe it political on an international scale, the 'reasons' providing the means to make such acts possible. In truth, this, too, is all speculation on my part.

there is tragedy all round, tso. it didn't come to a head overnight. but we - the americans and most brits here - get to associate more directly with it happening in our own country or, as in my case as a brit, watching it unfold minute by minute. ANY loss of life, in such close up, in our living rooms - particularly when it's in our own locale and we know people directly involved - is going to hit hard with shocking impact. Add to that the fears of brits that america might retaliate with nukes and.... well, it's hard. I'm not saying lives lost in other situations, drone bombing, conflicts, what have you - i'm not saying they are any less tragic. But their impact is more muted since we don't get the news so very directly.

'good', here, is a matter of opinion as anything else. there are plenty of reasons but i don't believe they were the driving force behind the attack. I believe it political on an international scale, the 'reasons' providing the means to make such acts possible. In truth, this, too, is all speculation on my part.

I will say no more on the matter, since it is unlikely to do any good.

tso, the poem was local, took no stand globally, locally I sympathize with the protestors, the remains should not have been returned to 'ground zero', even the name 'ground zero' is a coemption. I will note that of the 19 assholes, not one was an Iraqi, not one an Afghan. Most came from 'friendly' Arab states. But, this is not the forum for that. I did not post this in new poems, I do not want those comments.
If I wasn't affected by the news of it, I wouldn't have wrote it and even now I'm sorry I posted it.

tso, the poem was local, took no stand globally, locally I sympathize with the protestors, the remains should not have been returned to 'ground zero', even the name 'ground zero' is a coemption. I will note that of the 19 assholes, not one was an Iraqi, not one an Afghan. Most came from 'friendly' Arab states. But, this is not the forum for that. I did not post this in new poems, I do not want those comments.
If I wasn't affected by the news of it, I wouldn't have wrote it and even now I'm sorry I posted it.

As I said. I will ignore your message and say no more on the matter.

Ah the rain
the lights reflect
off the wet streets
like a hi gloss version of hell
the rain that soaks my matches
soaks my cigarettes
with the hell of not having a light

"Do you mean the night
is like a day glow version of paradise"
said some voice over my shoulder
Darla who was dead for twenty years
what are you some angel
come back to get your wings
the last one was a drunk
showed me how it would be
pretty much the same I see
now be an angel babe
and give me a light

Film Noir

Ah the rain the damned wet
drains me gathers the trash
on its odyssey sewer bound
an idiot iliad
as the lights reflect
on the wet streets
this rain that soaks my matches
soaks my cigarettes
the torment of not having a light

"Do you mean the night
yeh I remember your retro decour
Hendrix, The Grateful Dead, The Doors
at your apartment at the end
of fourth street

what are you some angel now
the last one was a drunk
without me
not much different as I can see
now be an angel babe
and give me a light

you can do that?

Nothing like revisiting the classics. Homer, dead rock bands, Bukowski, and Simpson

Film Noir

an idiot iliad
as the lights reflect
on the wet streets
soaks my cigarettes

"Do you mean the night
of fourth street

the last one was a drunk
without me
now be an angel babe
and give me a light

you can do that?

Nothing like revisiting the classics. Homer, dead rock bands, Bukowski, and Simpson

I have this vision in my head that is a meld between Gene Kelly, Singing in the Rain (but with more attitude) and James Stewart, It's a Wonderful Life (if he told Clarence to take a hike).

Kinda makes me want to grab the cigarettes and toss 'em over my shoulder, (They'll kill ya anyways) grab his hand and drag him with me as I run like crazy through the streets in the rain. Until being wet, cold and drowning in memories turns into slipping and sliding and so miserably wet it can't be anything but hysterical. Then grab a cuppa coffee.

Film Noir

an idiot iliad
as the lights reflect
on the wet streets
soaks my cigarettes

"Do you mean the night
of fourth street

the last one was a drunk
without me
now be an angel babe
and give me a light

you can do that?

I wanted to comment on this at the time but was busy with other things.

Some may disagree, but I think proper title selection can "set the stage," so to speak, and create a sense of anticipation. That's what "Film Noir" did for me. I had all sorts of images running through my mind which were re-enforced by the poem that follows, which was excellent by the way. I'd love to see it in "New Poems," but I'm guessing your on-going feud with Anon, whoever that is, will probably preclude that.

Last edited:

Some may disagree, but I think proper title selection can "set the stage," so to speak, and create a sense of anticipation. That's what "Film Noir" did for me. I had all sorts of images running through my mind which were re-enforced by the poem that follows, which was excellent by the way. I'd love to see it in "New Poems," but I'm guessing your on-going feud with Anon, whoever that is, will probably preclude that.
Screw the anon. I like this, it's fun.
Matryoshka already did the spoiler alert.

But I am actively working on it. Add, add, add, chop, chop, chop. Which means a couple of months if I don't get diverted by something useful.
As soon as harry said he was going to steal it, I came up with something better, now I got two things...stick one in Darla's mouth. Now that Darla's here, I'm having a tough time keeping Buckwheat out. And Gumby, dammit. Of course these are all off page references...

But I am actively working on it. Add, add, add, chop, chop, chop. Which means a couple of months if I don't get diverted by something useful.
As soon as harry said he was going to steal it, I came up with something better, now I got two things...stick one in Darla's mouth. Now that Darla's here, I'm having a tough time keeping Buckwheat out. And Gumby, dammit. Of course these are all off page references...

don't forget your stir-fries

I did?! I'm so sorry! Whispers...but I didn't say anything about Mr. Bill...

I'd only change one line and only slightly modify another, but I'll wait until you post it in "New Poems" before I comment further. I wasn't joking when I wrote I wish I had written it.

She had called me Aeneas once
or maybe I misunderstood
though versed well in ancient myth
her English wasn't that good.

Last edited:
does anyone know of a way to slant letters backwards rather than forwards as with italics? the use of the word 'when' was intended to convey the past (as in 'when i was there' as a solid form). reading it as it stands, it's too open to misinterpretation. i thought slanting it backwards might provide a visual cue. oh well :)

Grateful_Dead_Poster_by_dtmccarson.jpg

Lose the in front of grateful dead, really 12
complete with mushrooms

1201 comes and goes
always thinks of Desejo's
(dramatic pause)
...ironic wit.
No, really! I think of it!
(and mutters low)
and maybe a few other bits

Well, welcome back

JINN – In the beginning, three were created. Man made of clay. Angels made of light. And a third made of fire…
and a fourth will be named at a later date...

and the clump, clump
as the clods marched out
really only half baked
or as Noah once said
hey stay out of the rain

does anyone know of a way to slant letters backwards rather than forwards as with italics? the use of the word 'when' was intended to convey the past (as in 'when i was there' as a solid form). reading it as it stands, it's too open to misinterpretation. i thought slanting it backwards might provide a visual cue. oh well :)

You might have to say it with poetry instead and plant the image. That's what I'd do. Too much trouble searching the internet otherwise.

Djinn

The shadow of the ruin moves across the sand.

Endless are these waves that breach
this beach of broken glass
that beat the time
that crush the glass
and render it back to sand

Slow reads the poetry cut in glyphs by camels feet.

Endless are these waves that crest
to the clouds upon the sea.
Almond scented
my djinn drifts
Eternal, beyond reach.

Slow beats a camel's heart saddled in caravan.

We are as the djinn, damned djinn,
we are as the wind.
A scent of almonds wafts above the waves.
we are as the wind.
A scent of almonds descends in flame.

Djinn

The shadow of the ruin moves across the sand.

Endless are these waves that breach
this beach of broken glass
that beat the time
that crush the glass
and render it back to sand

Slow reads the poetry cut in glyphs by camels feet.

Endless are these waves that crest
to the clouds upon the sea.
Almond scented
my djinn drifts
Eternal, beyond reach.

Slow beats a camel's heart saddled in caravan.

we are as the wind.
A scent of almonds wafts above the waves.
we are as the wind.
A scent of almonds descends in flame.

fuck off!!!! by the way did I say fuck off yet??

interlocking sound and repeating words that sound like echoes and are meant to be there as opposed to words too close together and clunking, the rhythm is just right. It's a pity you're not a poet....... :rolleyes:

fuck off!!!! by the way did I say fuck off yet??

interlocking sound and repeating words that sound like echoes and are meant to be there as opposed to words too close together and clunking, the rhythm is just right. It's a pity you're not a poet....... :rolleyes:
a pity and a shame
the man without a name
did the camel spit

Back