Majority Leader

ArcticAvenue

Randomly Pawing At Keys
Joined
Jul 16, 2013
Posts
1,650
(Closed for Belvino)

Hard leather soles cracked with each step down the smooth marble floors of the hall. Any noise made in this hall would echo and sustain, but the sharp snaps of each footfall cut through the general murmur. The tempo of the slapping material of the fine shoes was determined, and sent a message to anyone paying little attention to the man to - at the very least - get out of his way. In his hand was a rolled up e-mail, held like a baton ready at the first chance to bring it down on an enemy. While some of the those standing around could guess what has brought the focus of the man coming through them, they wouldn’t realize that what he held wasn’t the firearm, but the firestarter.

In any other old office building, Daniel would stand out in his business formality. But this was the state capitol, and government building dress and protocol is a higher standard, as it should be in his mind. Daniel’s aforementioned black leather shoes shined with a military precision even paled in comparison with the crisp lines of his finely tailored navy blue dress pants, jacket, and pressed striped shirt. Only the block red tie differentiated him from some of the others, but still seemed to blend in with every other male in these hallowed halls. The only sign of uniqueness Daniel would allow himself is the Airborne pin he wore to show his duty he had performed for his country for which he expected to garner more respect than many give. Even after retiring nearly 20 years ago, he’s kept his exercise regimen to maintain the leanness of his youth, even if his joints and muscles remain sore. Other than the salt & pepper that has found his hair, he believes he still resembles the boy who married his wife right out of high school all those years ago. Yet it seemed these days he is pushed to make his hair whiter and whiter.

Daniel Watts is a third term senator for his district, and while State Senate isn’t like a Washington job it keeps him near home to be near his wife and two boys. Not to mention how he can show his pride how well the Senate was put together, until recently that is. During his stint as Majority Leader, change was happening and so many of his fellow citizens were happy. If it wasn’t for softer politics on the other side of the state, he could still be doing good things and making the state proud of what he would accomplish for them. Instead he is stuck now in the Minority and they made Majority Leader out of schoolgirl.

As much as a thorn as that woman has been, today was the last draw. While it was unacceptable for her to pull her rank as she did, it was even more so for him to find out by all things an e-mail. This would not fly in his Senate, not while he’s still around. Now was the time to let her have it.
 
Abigail Jenson was a hard worker. Since she was a little girl she knew exactly what she wanted to do with her life, and no one was going to get in her way. She studied hard in school often becoming unpopular with her friends when she would blow them off in order to get ahead in one of her classes. She graduated from her High School as valedictorian and went on to study at Colombia with a double major in political science and communications. Eventually after finishing with honors she went on to Harvard to obtain her masters. During her time at Harvard she secured a position as campaign worker, and obtained a paid internship in a small state congress when she finished.

Abigail’s dreams were coming true, and she was getting closer and closer to being the leader that she had always wanted to be. However, she still had much to learn and worked through her internship diligently. She had learned that networking was important, and no longer insisted on ignoring her friends when she needed to get something done. This was her job now and she would need to do things that she had never done before if she wanted to be at the top. Fortunately, for Abigail she had no difficulty in securing many beneficial friendships which proved their worth when it came time to run as a political candidate for state Senate.

For many years she served beneath Daniel Watts, always in his shadow and hidden by his own accomplishments. Abigail respected Daniel, but she did not enjoy her position. She did not come all this way just to do nothing, and accomplish nothing with her role. She needed to climb higher, and she did. She became close to the other senators and would often entertain them at her own home, or they would invite her for dinner at theirs. It was a great way to discuss her plans for the state and the things she aimed to improve. In addition her friendships became critically important when it came time to elect majority leader. Daniel had been serving in that position for some time and it was something she strived for. In the end her friendships paid off and Daniel’s seat was taken out from under him as she became Majority Leader and he served for the minority.

Obtaining the position as majority leader was a huge accomplishment for Abigail for many reasons. One of these reasons happened to be that she was the youngest senator on the state congress. Abigail was thrilled she had finally gotten somewhere she wanted to be, and though this was not the biggest state congress she could still get a lot done. Her first order of business had been to change something that Daniel had enacted when he was majority. Privately no one had really approved of it and when Abigail proposed a change to the others they had all stood behind her decision. Of course she had informed Daniel of the change and she was sure that she was going to hear from him about it.

Abigail almost laughed as she thought of it, but instead took the last sip of her coffee. She frowned at the empty mug in her hand and quickly placed it back on her desk.

“Katelyn?” she called out.

A young mousy-looking girl strode into the office pushing her glasses up her nose as she smiled at Abigail, “Yes?”

“Do you have that proposal paperwork from the National Guard?”

“They just sent it in. I haven’t had a chance yet to make copies.”

“Well, go ahead and do that. I want the copies on my desk please. I need to go over those documents before I discuss the plans with the other senators.”

“Yes ma’am,” her assistant said turning quickly on her heel as she disappeared through the open door.

Abigail could hear the girl’s heels clicking all the way down the hall. She expected the sound to dissipate after a while, but it seemed to echo continuously and the pace had changed. Abigail stared at the door and frowned.

“Katelyn? Is something wrong?” she called out but to her surprise it wasn’t Katelyn that came through the door to her office. Standing and huffing like an enraged bull was Daniel Watts. His brow was knotted in anger and Abigail was suddenly certain he was aware of the change she had made.

“Ahh, look what the cat dragged in!” she smiled though it did not meet her eyes, and her arms crossed in front of her in a subconscious gesture of protection.
 
Last edited:
He had the control enough to close the door behind him without slamming it. Normally he wouldn’t be so forward but to close a colleague's door when meeting with them without their suggestion, but he doubted the words he was about to use would reflect well on him. The little girl aide wasn’t his worry, there’s no doubt that teenager will know to keep her mouth shut. What he didn’t need was the other party catching wind of any fractures in their caucus, especially one they might believe was unified between he and the new “Leader”.

He stomped forward to her desk and threw the e-mail copy onto the blotter in front of her. Some of the most damning words almost jumped from the paper to him and ground his consciousness. “Guard” … “Cuts” It was a promise to his fellow serviceman broken, and at the hands of his own chamber.

“I’m not here from a little song and dance,” he growled. “This is not a friendly visit.”

He stood up straight, his military training coming back to him to retain some of his decorum. Doing so he loomed over the desk. “I am giving you one chance, and ONLY one chance, to explain this in the next 10 seconds. And the clock starts now.”
 
To say that Daniel Watts was mad would be an understatement. He was furious. His whole body was tensed as if prepared for a fight and his mouth was drawn in a thin line. Anger radiated off him in waves and seemed to spoil the atmosphere in Abigail’s office. She was suddenly glad for the desk that stood between the two of them though Abigail wasn’t sure that Daniel wouldn’t take the chance to launch himself across the desk at her.

Her eyes followed the paper as it fluttered to her desk, and she carefully leaned forward to study the computer generated writing. Sure enough it was the e-mail correspondence she had sent too him not long ago. Each damning word was written in clear detail and seemed to be the source of his great anger. Abigail swallowed back the lump of fear that crawled up her throat as she felt the smile wither from her lips.

I’m not here from a little song and dance. This is not a friendly visit.

“Of course not. I can pick up on your cues you know,” she said softly as her hands clutched tightly to her upper arms. She was still standing with her arms folded.

Daniel didn’t answer her but barreled on with his own agenda, I am giving you one chance, and ONLY one chance, to explain this in the next 10 seconds. And the clock starts now.

Abigail carefully released the breath of air that built up in her lungs. She could feel her cheeks pulse outwards for a moment with the force while her lips pursed. Abigail looked like she was preparing to lift some heavy weight, or run up a particularly steep hill. Daniel was not a man that she gladly enjoyed angering. She had heard rumors of his temper though she had never expected anything quite like this. Evidently she had stepped on his toes with a great deal of force and he was not happy about it.

“This was agreed upon by the other senators as well. No one really approved the budget that you had established so long ago so I changed it,” Abigail glanced up at Daniel but then looked away deciding her resolve would weaken if she saw the expression in his eyes, “The state needed more money. Something had to be done. I’m sorry Daniel, but things are different now.”

Abigail was still not looking at Daniel as her arms carefully unfolded and she stretched a finger towards the paper. She pulled the e-mail to her and studied the written words for a moment before carefully raising her gaze once more. She needed to face him if he was ever going to take her seriously.
 
She didn’t know it probably, but Daniel wasn’t going to accept anything she said. Not after she did her little chipmunk cheek breath and kissy lip face. In his head it was just another one of her little antics to charm people she talked to. But he was a man of his word, and he gave her her ten seconds, he listened to them, then paused as his hands balled up and his face began to flush with anger.

“Well, isn’t that just convenient,” he replied sarcastically. “A spending program that’s been there for years and all of sudden - no one approved it. Yet your Free Lunch program makes it in. YOUR outreach program gets funded. I even had to turn my back when your pork laden Rape Helpline got through. Now you want nothing to do with the men and women of the guard who deserve to have the tools they need to protect your little lunches and rape victims.”

He turned in his place and started to walk back and forth along the desk. “Eight years ago, when Doug Gott headed up Ways & Means he pushed it through. Six years ago, two-thirds the Senate had to sign off on the budget and look at what happened, it passed. No all of a sudden, no one approved it.”

With jump he slammed his palms down onto the desk, knowing damn well he was trying to make her jump. “I helped you Jenson. I looked out for you when you were the new girl on campus. And you didn’t even have the common decency to tell me to my face you were going to FUCK ME in the ass!”

He could feel himself shaking. Something burst from him, something uncomfortable. This moment of unprofessionalism erupted from his mouth. Never had he disrespected a fellow senator, doesn’t remember ever using a profanity in front of one of them; yet there it was in an angry rocket from his lungs, the profanity best fitting for what she had done. It was ugly, but it felt good to say.
 
Well, isn’t that just convenient, he replied sarcastically. A spending program that’s been there for years and all of sudden - no one approved it. Yet your Free Lunch program makes it in. YOUR outreach program gets funded. I even had to turn my back when your pork laden Rape Helpline got through. Now you want nothing to do with the men and women of the guard who deserve to have the tools they need to protect your little lunches and rape victims.

Abigail felt a pressure in her head as anger began taking control of her emotions and actions. She gave Daniel a look that was somewhere between lethal and outraged at the things he was saying and the implications behind them.

“They are not lacking for tools, Daniel. We are spending TOO much on them and they have just gotten back to me about a new proposal for their budget. I gave them an option.” Daniel wasn’t listening to her and only raised his voice as he started pacing back and forth like a caged animal. Abigail could see his face beginning to flare a shade of crimson as he continued his tirade.

Eight years ago, when Doug Gott headed up Ways & Means he pushed it through. Six years ago, two-thirds the Senate had to sign off on the budget and look at what happened, it passed. No all of a sudden, no one approved it. Abigail thought he had finished with his speech, but instead he turned his full attention towards her and slammed his hands against her desk. She flinched and felt her heart flutter in her chest for a moment, but resisted the urge to take a step backwards. He was trying to intimidate her.

I helped you Jenson. I looked out for you when you were the new girl on campus. And you didn’t even have the common decency to tell me to my face you were going to FUCK ME in the ass!

Abigail stared at Daniel with her mouth slightly open. She was shocked. He had not only barged into her office unannounced, but he had gone so far to break his professionalism. For a while she couldn’t say anything until she finally shook off the surprise.

“Daniel, the budget changes. Everything changes we need to make adjustments here and perhaps things were better during the time that you had set this up, but now is not the case,” She watched him as he took in what she was saying knowing that she would probably never convince him otherwise.

“Don’t you dare try and accuse me of bending this to suit my own will,” She glared at him as she leaned forward and laid her own hands against the table, “And don’t you ever talk to me like that again! I’ll have you suspended.”

Abigail rose to her full height and pointed towards the door that he had closed,“Get out, or I will call for security.”
 
He kept his eyes locked on hers angrily as she leaned in close enough to let her flowery perfume reach his nose. She was stating her case, but not convincingly; not at all convincingly.

“Get out, or I will call for security.”

As she rose to posture like she was strong than she was, Daniel kept his hands flat on the desk and let out a breathy laugh. “Jenson, didn’t anyone teach you how to lie properly? Your threats are about as empty as your campaign promises. Or do you really believe security will throw me out of here? Throw out the one congressman who can call them all by their first name? And do you think they care that you aren’t even strong enough to stand up to me? Stand up to the truth.”

His jaw tightened as he raised up and moved to the side of the desk between her and the door. If she was going to make a move to the phone, he needed to be ready to jump to stop her. He wasn’t done with this argument, not in a long shot. As he watched her in her little ‘all grown up’ business attire squirm like the schoolgirl she was, he gritted his teeth that someone who got by on her looks thought she could even mess with him.”

“The truth is, this is politics,” he said in a quieter, more determined tone. “You bent this to suit your own will, because every bill is bent for the writer’s will. Politics is power, and you think you have all of it, don’t you. You think this is about Free Lunches and Rape Prevention, but what this really is about is you are trying to make me your bitch. What I’m pissed off about is that you thought you could get away with cutting me out for your own little wins. After the time I spent grooming you, you thought I would just lay down and take it.

“We all get fucked, Jenson. YOU’RE problem,” he said with emphasis, “is that YOU are too afraid to look me in the eye when you do it.”

Unknowingly, he moved closer to her, standing taller than even her proud form. He was not behind the desk, less than a foot from her, grinning angrily.

“You may think you have power over me. But … You … Don’t!”
 
Abigail glared at Daniel as he laughed and proceeded to declare his position. He painted himself as the good guy, the one that knew everyone, and would surely not be hauled away by security no matter what he did. Abigail was beginning to get a strange feeling in her stomach. Something was not right here. Daniel was not listening to her nor was he abiding by her attempts to get him out of her office. In fact he was even moving closer, circling her desk like a cat preparing to corner its prey.

Abigail’s eyes narrowed as she felt herself take another step backwards. She was watching Daniel intently, listening to every word he said to her though she no longer felt like he was upset that he had not been advised of this information in a more formal matter. No, something else seemed to have flipped the cards and now Daniel was ranting because he was mad. Daniel felt a threat to his manhood and Abigail was the one that had stabbed through it with her stiletto heel.

She shook her head slowly as it finally dawned on her and she almost wanted to laugh. Once again Daniel was bringing up her Rape Prevention program and the lunches for the school kids. He had a few burrs up his ass that she had placed there, and he was furious she had even managed to do so. Daniel was a man of pride, a man with values that did not involve a young woman like herself being on top. He wanted her beneath his feet.

You may think you have power over me. But … You … Don’t!

There was no desk between them now, and Abigail was acutely aware of this detail, but she stood her ground and refused to move.

“Why do you keep bringing up my programs? Do you have a problem with helping rape sufferers? Do you have a problem with the kids who can’t afford to pay for their school lunches?”

Abigail smiled and placed her hands on her hips as she shook her head again, “No. You have a problem with me. You hate that I am majority lead now, and am making decisions that you used to do. You hate it because I am a woman.”

Abigail threw her hands in the air for dramatic effect as she spoke, “Newsflash, Daniel! It’s not the fifties anymore. Women have more power in society now, and you will just have to learn to deal with it.” Once more she waved towards the door indicating that he should leave.

“I’m sorry I didn’t talk with you in person, but please leave my office. I think we are done with this discussion.”
 
He listened to her. He listened to her rant, listened to her challenging him, and listened to her disrespecting him. She waved her arms, acted like an emotional girl. He listened and kept stepping closer and closer to her.

“Newsflash, Daniel! It’s not the fifties anymore. Women have more power in society now, and you will just have to learn to deal with it.”

He could feel rage boil in his gullet. He could feel his detest for her grow. How disrespectful of her. How obtuse.

“I think we are done with this discussion.”

Under the surface, he was boiling with a harsh rage. “We are NOT done with this discussion, Jenson. You don’t pull the sexist card on me and think I will just drop it.”

They were barely a breath apart from each other, but he didn’t notice. He loomed over her, his eyes were wide, and his face turning red. “You’re problem with me is that I am a man and nothing else. You think having a vagina makes you smarter or better than me. This may not be the Fiftys anymore, but it ain’t the Nineties when every little look a man gives you is an assault. I have a problem with what you do because you’re just like the rest of them, turning regret into a rape plea. You’re not a little girl anymore, Jenson, there is no more bad touch good touch. There’s no more teachers to call on your first just because you are the smart girl.”

He was losing his senses, his anger was stronger than it had in years. In this moment of hatred he even failed to notice how close he was to her. How he had his hands on her arms. How he was gripping her in an attempt to control her. What he normally was seemed to be disappearing in his own words.
 
If it was possible for Daniel to get any angrier he finally did it. Abigail could see his jaw clench and his teeth pressed together. His look was deadly serious as he advanced to her completely ignoring the limits of personal space.

We are NOT done with this discussion, Jenson. You don’t pull the sexist card on me and think I will just drop it.

She glared at him and glanced over at the phone which was now behind him, and out of her way. There was no way she could reach the damn thing without lunging across the desk around him. All he would have to do to stop her in that case would be to grab the phone himself or knock it on the ground where she would have no hope of reaching it. A frisson of fear shot up her spine and she became acutely aware of how dangerous he was. The more they talked the less control he maintained, and Abigail was surprised that her assistant had not come storming in with the way they both had been talking.

You’re problem with me is that I am a man and nothing else. You think having a vagina makes you smarter or better than me. This may not be the Fifties anymore, but it ain’t the Nineties when every little look a man gives you is an assault. I have a problem with what you do because you’re just like the rest of them, turning regret into a rape plea. You’re not a little girl anymore, Jenson, there is no more bad touch good touch. There’s no more teachers to call on you first just because you are the smart girl. With his last and final statement he completely closed the distance between them and grabbed Abigail’s arms. She tried to jerk back but he held her still and unmoving in his grasp. He hadn’t even seemed to notice what he had done.

“Daniel! Let go of me this instant! You obviously are incapable of controlling yourself and we cannot have this discussion anymore!” Abigail struggled to pull away again but once more he held her without much effort on his part. She could feel his fingers tighten and flinched as they dug into the flesh in her arm.

“Stop! You are hurting me, and this is completely uncalled for!” Abigail turned her head to the closed door and yelled, “Katelyn!”

There was no responding answer but the action seemed to distract Daniel enough that she was able to wrench herself free of his grasp and lunge for the phone. She caught him off guard and he did not immediately react. Her hand closed on the phone and she pulled the receiver free as she hurriedly dialed the number for security before Daniel could do anything else.
 
He dived after her, and was able to hit the phone before the last number was dialed. He may have been distracted by her quick move away from him, but he was fast to recover. The phone dropped to the floor, and instantly the line buzzed as it was off the hook. The whole of his weight held her torso in place, but that was it. His hand landed on her wrist, and held it fast to the desktop, and shortly her second hand trying to release the first was scooped up and pulled forward.

The effort of them both left them lying on the desk. Her faced down with the corner of the desk splitting her dangling legs. His taller form over top of her across her body, but feet still planted on the floor. Splayed out this way, his head was stuck near her ear. He could smell the floral perfume she wore. The softness of her skin brushed against her cheek. Her lean body curved against his chest. Most noticeable was the girlish curve of her bottom which now dug into his hips.

Whatever got into his brain about manhandling this girl now found a hole deeper in his subconscious. With her lying like this, with him over top of him, With all the pent up anger she caused him. Something darker took control.

And it made itself known with a rush of blood to his cock.

“You want something to do a rape plea about?” he spat through gritted teeth. “I’ll give you something to do a rape plea about.”

His free hand grabbed the hem of her skirt and yanked it upward, trying to get it out from between them both. His hardness ground though his pants to the back of her thigh, as he maneuvered himself. When his hand left the skirt where it would be, it thrust between her thighs and started to rub her through her panties.

“I’ll make you plea all over your desk.”
 
Abigail felt like her life was moving in slow motion. She saw Daniel’s hand creep up in the corner of her vision and then the phone was sliding backwards off the desk her last digit unable to be dialed. It clattered on the floor and buzzed incessantly, echoing through the sudden rush of sound in her ears. This was not right. Daniel was beyond fury now and as she felt him press his weight into her a terrible fear gripped her belly.

His hot breath spilled over the back of her neck, and Abigail could detect a faint hint of peppermint. The scent made her hyperaware and she tried to struggle to push up.

“Get off me!”

Daniel did not budge, but she felt his legs clench around hers and a lengthening hardness poked into her hip. Immediately Abigail’s spine stiffened and she sucked in air, her eyes opening wide. His lips moved close to her ear as he whispered his angry retort.

You want something to do a rape plea about? I’ll give you something to do a rape plea about.

No! Abigail could hear her subconscious screaming in her head as his hand dragged the hem of her skirt up. She let out a startled cry and reached backwards, clawing at the parts of him she could reach. It did not seem to affect him and he continued thrusting his hand between her thighs as he rubbed harshly on the lips of her sex searching for the warmth beneath.

I’ll make you plea all over your desk.

“Please, Daniel don’t do this,” she pleaded with him, but he was not listening.
Abigail wiggled herself sideways underneath him managing to prevent his hand from further exploration. She lifted her arm and crooked her elbow out until the bony part projected from it. With a quick motion she flung her arm backward and it connected with something on Daniel. She heard him grunt in pain and flung out her arm again.

“Help! Katelyn!” she screamed hoping that anyone would hear.
 
Last edited:
The elbow felt like a hammer to his nose, and stunned him. He started to fall towards the floor but grabbed at her on the way. His grip fell onto her skirt waistband and he pulled to try to keep his balance. The second swing of her arm turned her when she missed, causing the skirt to tighten in his hand until he felt the buttons springfree at the waist. The woman kept screaming for her assistant, but it was starting to become clear that if she was outside the door she would have interrupted them by now.

“Quit fighting, you little bitch,” he grunted at her.

He snaked his arms around her shoulder, gripping her at the neck, then turning her on her side. The effect pressed one arm against the desk below her, and the other under control of his. She was showing a toughness that in any other setting he would never thought she had; but no schoolgirl ever outmuscled a military man.

What he didn’t have was control over her legs, and she was a kicker. He pushed the skirt down over her hips, trying to get her legs tangled in it, well, at least that is a good offshoot of the outcome. What he really wanted was what lay underneath. With no delay, his free hand found the top of her panties, went under their lacy softness, and fell upon her sex. He wasted no time in pressing his finger inbetween her labia and began rubbing the soft, warm skin. For his plans he needed her body to betray her, and it was time to get her body on his side.
 
Quit fighting, you little bitch.

To Abigail it had become acutely clear that Daniel had never came to her on good terms. She did not know whether he had intended this to happen from the beginning but it no longer mattered. What mattered now was he was putting her through this regardless of his original intent. His strong arms clamped around her, rotating her body like a little rag doll beneath him. He pushed her shoulder into the desk pining his weight, and hers onto her arm. She could no longer use that hand and with his own free hand he quickly grabbed hold of her other arm.

Fuck, she thought. There was no getting out from this one. The only saving grace she had left to her was her legs. She could kick, and she did, but even so Daniel wrenched down on her skirt and Abigail could feel the zipper and buttons popping and tearing away at her back. Daniel’s brute strength broke their resistance and the whole of her skirt was released from the width of her hips sliding down to her thighs.

With all the fight left in her, and all the strength she could muster she kicked at him, hopelessly. Daniel was not affected it seemed saved for the occasional grunt of what she could only hope was caused by pain. His hand worked its way at her panties, and Abigail let out a startled cry.

“No, please,” she moaned but Daniel’s hand clamped down on her sex, unprotected by the sheer fabric of her panties. She felt his fingers prying greedily between her cleft, separating her lips like he was searching for a treasure between them.

“Don’t do this Daniel,” she tried again.

Abigail’s body stiffened as he found that little spot, the small button of pleasure that could make her weak with desire. He worked at it like a lover would, but his touch seemed more urgent and hurried. She held her breath and clamped her eyes shut forcing large, fat tears down over the apples of her cheeks, but she was not done. Quietly, her legs worked at the skirt, slowly wriggling it down past her calves until she managed to get her legs free and the skirt fell to the floor.

Abigail brought one foot up and forced it down as hard as she could onto the top of Daniel’s thigh on one leg. She did not stop and continued to dig the edge of her stiletto into his thigh hoping that she would distract him enough that he would release her.
 
Back
Top