Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like "somewhere to retreat to when she is doing something noisy or unpleasant".
Or a workshop to make a mess in (in my case lately, taking a fishing reel apart).

The Greenhouse is better for new plants.

Or somewhere to store the pippity-ping until you can take it apart for the magnets?

Michael, :rolleyes:, check Sam's mincing waiter for the double entendre he's putting out. Good job Olaf's got Steve to chase around in Naked Party, he'd have no luck with you! You'd think he was just offering you a beer.
:kiss:

Fishing ... I went fishing off the coast of Wales once with the college boyfriend we called Tragiicomix with a T as in Timeo Danaos et Dona Ferentes (cuz he was pretty but thick) and caught a fish! I was screaming: "Take a picture! take a picture!" It was quite dark and when the picture came out there was just my face lit up with excitement and a sort of small flappy silver flash, LOL. Then the thick pretty one refused to eat the lovely fish we caught, cuz it made him feel wibbly to eat things he'd seen alive! I was looking forward to cooking them. Shoulda realised and dumped him straightaway, he still owes me money, LOL.

Lovely shining fresh mackerel, their sides mottled green and pink like the dawn of an exciting new day.

Or somewhere to store the pippity-ping until you can take it apart for the magnets?

Michael, :rolleyes:, check Sam's mincing waiter for the double entendre he's putting out. Good job Olaf's got Steve to chase around in Naked Party, he'd have no luck with you! You'd think he was just offering you a beer.
:kiss:

Fishing ... I went fishing off the coast of Wales once with the college boyfriend we called Tragiicomix with a T as in Timeo Danaos et Dona Ferentes (cuz he was pretty but thick) and caught a fish! I was screaming: "Take a picture! take a picture!" It was quite dark and when the picture came out there was just my face lit up with excitement and a sort of small flappy silver flash, LOL. Then the thick pretty one refused to eat the lovely fish we caught, cuz it made him feel wibbly to eat things he'd seen alive! I was looking forward to cooking them. Shoulda realised and dumped him straightaway, he still owes me money, LOL.

Lovely shining fresh mackerel, their sides mottled green and pink like the dawn of an exciting new day.

Oh, yes. Fresh mackerel. From one of my 'proper' stories.

‘Just simple fillets of fresh mackerel, dredged in seasoned flour, pan fried, and served with lemon zest, dill, and Jersey Royals.’

Fishing ... I went fishing off the coast of Wales once with the college boyfriend we called Tragiicomix with a T as in Timeo Danaos et Dona Ferentes (cuz he was pretty but thick) and caught a fish!

Don't forget to get your screwdrivers and pliers please.

As for Tragicomix; this sounds like a character from Asterix.
But you'd better colour me thick because I don't get the rest (I didn't do classics).

Don't forget to get your screwdrivers and pliers please.

As for Tragicomix; this sounds like a character from Asterix.
But you'd better colour me thick because I don't get the rest (I didn't do classics).

LOL, exactly. He was the handsome guy in Asterix the Legionary. He was always called Tragicomix with a T as in Timeo Danaos et Dona Ferentes - it was an Uderzo and Goscinny joke. (It means I fear Greeks, especially when bearing gifts, but they were just using it as an inappropriately long tag.)

I shall certainly not colour you thick, dear HP. Speaking of fishing, did you catch any today?

I shall associate to Homer's Iliad, which I'm still slowly reading and enjoying. I'm quite anxious as Patroklus is about to put on Achilleus's armour and fight in his place and we all know what happens then. :(.

LOL, exactly. He was the handsome guy in Asterix the Legionary. He was always called Tragicomix with a T as in Timeo Danaos et Dona Ferentes - it was an Uderzo and Goscinny joke. (It means I fear Greeks, especially when bearing gifts, but they were just using it as an inappropriately long tag.)

I shall certainly not colour you thick, dear HP. Speaking of fishing, did you catch any today?

I shall associate to Homer's Iliad, which I'm still slowly reading and enjoying. I'm quite anxious as Patroklus is about to put on Achilleus's armour and fight in his place and we all know what happens then. :(.

Homer Simpson (cos I can't allude to much more than that)

LOL, exactly. He was the handsome guy in Asterix the Legionary. He was always called Tragicomix with a T as in Timeo Danaos et Dona Ferentes - it was an Uderzo and Goscinny joke.
(It means I fear Greeks, especially when bearing gifts, but they were just using it as an inappropriately long tag.)

Ah, now I get it; thank you. I had forgotten some of the stories.

We caught absolutely nought; the little blighters weren't even awake by the look of it. Spring's coming late to our local water. Not that I was in much position to walk far. I've discovered the drawbacks of Atenolol.

Translation? Not for me the poetry, please. leave me with the passion of a well-told story in a language I speak and I am a very happy bunny. :rose:

shaking my head....identical time posting I can accept but over 40 minutes after I posted 'Homer Simpson'? tsk tsk HP.

antidisestablishmentarianism

Oh and thanks, now I have the list of words I intend dictating to my Chinese students on Monday.

:eek: I shudder to think of the words you may have picked up on here you might be teaching them! LOL :kiss:

I was working with my students yesterday on an essay on neighbourliness, and the case study provided was of some poor suburbanites driven indoors from enjoying their garden by the antics of a feisty young female neighbour. "With the windows wide open! You couldn't have known more about it if you'd been in the room." I was laughing with the students about it and then had to recollect myself and hurriedly pretend to be a stern tightarse tutor with no knowledge of what might have been going on in that bedroom. I often think how helpful it would be if I could wear glasses and look over the top of them, but then I consider some of the piccies of girls in glasses I've seen on Facebook and I think Maybe not.

Blondes have more fun, you can see them better in the dark.

:eek: I shudder to think of the words you may have picked up on here you might be teaching them! LOL :kiss:

I was working with my students yesterday on an essay on neighbourliness, and the case study provided was of some poor suburbanites driven indoors from enjoying their garden by the antics of a feisty young female neighbour. "With the windows wide open! You couldn't have known more about it if you'd been in the room." I was laughing with the students about it and then had to recollect myself and hurriedly pretend to be a stern tightarse tutor with no knowledge of what might have been going on in that bedroom. I often think how helpful it would be if I could wear glasses and look over the top of them, but then I consider some of the piccies of girls in glasses I've seen on Facebook and I think Maybe not.

Blondes have more fun, you can see them better in the dark.

Slightly-tinted Sunglasses to peer over ?

An Essay on neighbourliness ?
What are you teaching, for Heaven's sake ?

Slightly-tinted Sunglasses to peer over ?

An Essay on neighbourliness ?
What are you teaching, for Heaven's sake ?

<snerk> Lots of fun things. Perhaps I should set up a class thread here. Oh! I already have one: Hot Arabic Chicks <snerk>. You didn't realise that was a module with credits until ttrfanatic blew the gaff, did you.

I bought diamante sunglasses. They were Victoria Beckham with humour - so totally MILF they had to be had. They had matching ones for Piglet! ROFLOL. We love being the diamante duo.
:cool:

Buy my Dear, Diamonds are So passée.
Only a decent Zircon is acceptable these days. You get a brighter light.

Lucy Locket lost her pocket
Kitty Fisher found it

Not a penny was there in it!
but the ribbon round it.

Baubles, bangles and beads. (Frank Sinatra.)

HP, I'm afraid I must be very old-fashioned. A man bearing diamonds will still find favour with me. ;)

Not a penny was there in it!
but the ribbon round it.

Baubles, bangles and beads. (Frank Sinatra.)

HP, I'm afraid I must be very old-fashioned. A man bearing diamonds will still find favour with me. ;)

The Bangles: Eternal Flame
[sorry, it's the nearest I can get before breakfast]

A Zircon has a higher refractive index than diamond, or so I am told.

The Bangles: Eternal Flame
[sorry, it's the nearest I can get before breakfast]

A Zircon has a higher refractive index than diamond, or so I am told.

The land where the Bong tree grows.

A diamond has a higher attractive index, dahlink. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back