Am I being too particular???

snowbo

Experienced
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Posts
45
Hi all,

I recently posted my first story to lit and was assisted by a VE who unfortunately is no longer able to spare the time to continue editing.

I am looking for assistance with my second story which I have now completed.

This story will likely be placed in the Erotic couplings Catagory although a few other themes appear in it. I have been trawling through the search function for a new editor but there is a lot to go through!

Ideally I am looking for a women editor who is from the UK and is bi-sexual, other than that I not being to choosey :)

If you are wondering why then my logic is simply that I know the male perspective and think a women's input in relation to the female side of any story can only help improve any mistakes I may assume to be correct. Some of my writing is based on lesbian action and again someone with more auctual experiance can only be of benifet. Lastly I am from the UK, my stories are based in the UK and some things may just not translate so obviously to an editor from outside the UK.

To get an idea of my writing style please have a look at my current submission.

http://www.literotica.com/s/making-a-new-friend-2

So put simply if there are any UK lady editors out there willing to help me improve and learn please do get in touch and I will gratefully forward the story to you.

Thanks to all for taking the time to read this post!
 
Check the sticky at the top of this forum for the available editors for this month -- maybe someone there can help.
 
I can understand the desire for a UK editor for the reason you mentioned, but don't understand why they have to be a bi-sexual female.
 
Hi PennLady,

Thanks for the tip about the Stickies I will head there now.

Hi Lovecraft,

It's not essential but I enjoy reading stories that have a sense of realism to them and want mine to convey that. As a man I have obviously experianced the sexual acts that I may write about but when it comes to lesbian acts I haven't so I figure someone who has experiance can maybe pick up on the subtleties I may miss. Why bi-sexual? Exactly the same reason, has experianced the women's side of hetro sex as well.

It seems to make sense in my mind but that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot :)
 
I should say emotions/thoughts as well I guess. It just seems to me that this combination gives a good checks and balance to the realms angle.
 
Hi PennLady,

Thanks for the tip about the Stickies I will head there now.

Hi Lovecraft,

It's not essential but I enjoy reading stories that have a sense of realism to them and want mine to convey that. As a man I have obviously experianced the sexual acts that I may write about but when it comes to lesbian acts I haven't so I figure someone who has experiance can maybe pick up on the subtleties I may miss. Why bi-sexual? Exactly the same reason, has experianced the women's side of hetro sex as well.

It seems to make sense in my mind but that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot :)

I understand what you're saying, but there are many men here who write lesbian sex quite well and many who write as females.

I wrote a 50 chapter series and 44 chapters were from the female POV. Most readers think I'm female.

Its your choice if you prefer a female, but many men here can pull off what you want.

For example, being straight I've never given a BJ, but have received enough of them to know how to describe the act from my partners POV.

And as for going down on a woman, a man knows how to describe that. The only limits you have as a writer are what you set for yourself
 
Last edited:
While I would not disagree with lovecraft68 that there are men who can write this type of situation, I found it very useful to have input from the late MsLinnet who was a bi female.

Good luck in your search.
 
Agree with you both totally and yes absolutely Men and Women are both quite able to write as the other sex and do a great job of it. In my mind the role of an editor is to aide with the finish rather than rewrite something.

A writer could write a great story based around motor racing after spending years watching the sport, attending races, reading about the sport and everything else an intense fan can do. However only a racing driver can tell him exactly what it's lke driving 200 miles an hour 2 meters away from another car being chased by 20 others......... Maybe I'm over thinking this :)
 
Back
Top